FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

So uh....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaleFish
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Cape Town, South Africa

PostPosted: Nov 16, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I might not be considered an OG on these forums and haven't made thousands of posts, Ive been creepin' since 2007, cant believe its been 11 years. I'm still wakeskating as much as I can while working the 8-5 at the family run electrical wholesaler. I'm married, 3 dogs no kids yet.

Matti and I started the South African Wakeskate Tour about 3 years ago to service our small scene here in SA and I'm stoked on how its going so far, we did a 3 stops last and have 2 in the bag so far this year (2015/2016 we did 3 events with no overall tour standings) and for the last 3 years we have been the only wake based events running in SA. Hoping we can carry on and get some more exposure to more people and bring more people into the sport and hopefully get more sponsors, at the moment its all self funded.

I've had some amazing experiences wakeskating, I've had the pleasure of meeting Nick when he came down to visit his son Matti. I got the stay with Diets and Matti for a month in Orlando, met Byerly, Bear, Chase, Reed who graciously let us ride battle falls. Went to Poland for a comp where I met Oskar G, one of the funniest dudes i've ever met and recently I met Andrew Roehm, Andy P, Zuzanna & Cole when they came to film for Istudiomo. I linked up with Andy when I was up in Orlando and he introduced me to the whole clear lake crew, James, Brandon, Tynna, TJ, Maria, Sam & Tad. I was really stoked to get to meet some of the people who have been part of the scene on this site and over in the states. They are all awesome people. Its a beautiful thing how this little sport of wakeskating connects us.

It's in my blood, I wont stop till I cant stand up on the board anymore and I'm looking forward to many more adventures and new friends I encounter on the journey.

So yeah...

doubleg
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Singapore

PostPosted: Nov 16, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work on the SA scene DaleFish
t-rex
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Denver

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so cool DaleFish! I wish I would have checked this site before last year. I was in Cape Town last christmas, and I saw a few wake boats and I was wishing I was out there!
DaleFish
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t-rex, bummer dude! we could've organized a sesh for sure. What did you think of Cape Town?
t-rex
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 05, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaleFish wrote:
t-rex, bummer dude! we could've organized a sesh for sure. What did you think of Cape Town?

Loved it! What a cool place to live. Unfortunate about the catastrophic drought that was happening, but it was a place I could definitely live!

DaleFish
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Dec 06, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t-rex, Yeah man the drought was gnarly, my home lake almost completely dried, our reservoirs are back up to about 70% now. the most we've had in 3 years, so its getting better, hopefully we'll get more rain so I can have water in my home lake again.
Raven
3 Shuv Reed Texas Gap

City: OC

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick, so crazy my wingman best bud from college flies for paradise on oahu and does exactly what your talking about. not to mention tow ins with a hell flying backwards at jaws Shocked anyhow. pm me if you want me to introduce you guys and maybe he can help you Smash

t-rex, how'd did you break your leg bro bro.....hope your on the mend. do your therapy early and often. god speed a quick heal.

aint been wakeskating in a few weeks and feeling abnormal Evil or Very Mad

t-rex
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2018 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
nick, so crazy my wingman best bud from college flies for paradise on oahu and does exactly what your talking about. not to mention tow ins with a hell flying backwards at jaws Shocked anyhow. pm me if you want me to introduce you guys and maybe he can help you Smash

t-rex, how'd did you break your leg bro bro.....hope your on the mend. do your therapy early and often. god speed a quick heal.

aint been wakeskating in a few weeks and feeling abnormal Evil or Very Mad

Raven, DUDE! Do you still have the same number? I'll call you tomorrow!
Unfortunately, I broke my leg on a really simple slip and fall... socks on a wood floor, and I slipped and broke my damn leg
Mad
You still the chef at Phillips Crab House?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: