FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Resyn Wakeskates
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LF
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Palm City

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Robin still make wakeskates in Florida? Can I demo one from him?
Resynwakeskates
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: New braunfels

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LF, He does but he will not use this shape for anyone but me. I will consider the demo with deposit. Lets just keep it in trustworthy hands. I have another shipment coming in this week. Once it gets here I will post up something on how to get ahold of a demo board.
www.resynwake.com
PIRATE
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be hesistant to let someone borrow from this forum that had less then 200 post... Just my opinion..... I believe the last boards escaped into the hands of forum "newbs".....

What a threesome this would be!.
Resynwakeskates
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUST AN UPDATE ON WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON IN OUR NECK OF THE WOODS:

Road trip from Texas to Florida going on at the end of this month (September 20th-30th). We will be stopping at as many parks and ride spots along the way as we can cram in to a 10 day trip. Including: Wake Nation Houston, Cajun X Cables, Orlando Watersports Complex, McCormick's, possibly Keys Cable, and anywhere else we can get some pulls. Hope to have a great trip, fun shredding, meets some new faces, and demo lots of boards.

New "Team Logo" style graphics coming out soon for the 39.5.

Trying to get the new site built.

We are now on Facebook... LIKE US PLEASE.

Also we will have two riders at Points Chase Finals in Dallas, TX this year.

Also for those of you wanting to see a non-biased, third party review... I won't say who but one of you has had my personal board for the last month or so. That should be up soon.

Hope to get to meet some of you guys on the trip! In the meantime have fun shredding and thanks for the support!!!

www.resynwake.com
Resynwakeskates
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has any suggestions on good riding spots in LA or FL let us know!
www.resynwake.com
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys, So I was lucky enough to be given the chance to demo Kyle from Resyn's wakeskate over the past month. It is a 39.5 model and has a continuous rocker. Kyle can add more specifics if he wants!

At first glance, I really liked the look at the deck. First off the graphic is like no other, very unique and colorful. It adds a lot of personality to the deck and hopefully we can see more from this artist in the future. As most of you know I rode NEW decks for years and swore by them (maybe a little too much at times). I know they hold up through some serious riding and rail hitting and never get water logged. I never broken a New in approx 7 years of riding them. I could tell the construction and shape of this deck was very similar to decks I've road in the past and it felt comfortable under my feet while on solid ground. It has a rounded noses, which is very similar to the shape of an Integrity. Its symmetrical. It's got a good width and my size 11 shoe fits perfectly in the concave pockets which are subtle, not to steep. The kick tails seem just right, they aren't crazy huge like some other wood decks out there right now. The side rails got me really excited. They were nice and soft and rounded like my last deck. I'll add to that later in the riding paragraph. The weight is just right, it's not as bulky and cumbersome as last year's remotes, and there is no water logging from what I can tell. I'd say the deck weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 11 lbs. The bottom graphic portion of the board has a slippery material, not sure if it's just the graphic print or actually some kind of specific grind base. Either way, you can tell its protecting the wood from the rails because you can see the scratch don't protrude into the wood. This solid bottom piece will defiantly add to the longevity of the deck.

On the first few pulls I will admit it took some getting used to. I have never road a continuous rocker board for any length of time so it was different. On my first pull I landed all my standard shuv tricks and big spins. The deck rides deeper in the water than a 3 stage, so I found I had to ride a bit faster than usual. Cutting around felt great. Being a bit deeper in the water provided for great traction cutting and inside out tricks. I didn't have to cut super hard to get a good edge and to achieve good pop to launch inside out. In the flats I was amazed. Landing tricks felt like I had to huge fins. When you land on this deck you REALLY land. There is so much traction with the deeper continuous rocker that there was never any sketch on my tricks. Pretty cool compared to the 3 stage I'm so used to. The board spins under your feet great and stays with you. It's not overly heavy to shuv and as mentioned, landings are comfortable. Kicky's feel good, the flip is usual and the board isn't weighted awkwardly. Again, the landings on flip tricks are solid. I did not have a chance to get on a wake boat so no wake to wake review (only ski sets). When it comes to rails, I think this deck really shines. The slide is perfect. Not too buttery where you lose control, but not sticky where you slow down. The material on the bottom is great, and very durable. I think this would be a great cable board for sliding and jibbing on a daily basis.

Overall, it's a great deck I'd say, the part was hardest adjustment for me was the continuous rocker. I'm just not used to riding it so I am bias to having a 3 stage under my feet. The extra traction feels good, but I felt a bit locked in and not as free as a 3 stage. It would be cool to see a 3 stage out of Resyn in the future to give ridings some more options. The durability and grind base are the big selling points for this deck. Plus the colorful unique graphic. That's a deck you shred then hang up on the wall because it really is art, very aesthetically pleasing. Kyle has been working hard to get this company going. Its great seeing a new company emerge even though we have so many recently. I think Kyle is sponsoring local Texas guys, and putting himself out there and seems to be getting some good recognition in local contests despite only selling decks for a short time. Hopefully some more of you guys can get a hold of his deck to demo, he'll be picking it up this month. Thanks for the opportunity to shred your personal deck Kyle, Keep up the good work! If anyone has questions feel free to post, or PM.
Resynwakeskates
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Sep 26, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riding out at McCormicks today and Cajun X on Sunday. If anyone is in the area we would love to shred with you. Hit us up at resynwake@gmail.com.
www.resynwake.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: