FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

considering entering toe jam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fontain06
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: May 27, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: considering entering toe jam Reply with quote

if this is impossible, please let me know.

a buddy of mine just signed up for toe jam, which got me thinking...maybe i should sign up. i'm not going to win anything, but i've got some decent tricks and i figure either way it'll be a cool atmosphere to be a part of. what do you think? is it worth trying? will i be laughed at because i'm not sponsored/pro? Question

A.Rodriguez
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Pembroke Pines

PostPosted: May 27, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm my opinion competition always brings out the best in a persons skills, If it were me I would sign up, and have the intention of winning and having a good time also. And if you don't succeed try and try again, until you do and then stay on top. It's been my motto when I was karate and it work for me, I won two state championship trophys and got a bunch of first place trophys also.
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: May 27, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fontain06,who cares , go have fun, i doubt many ppl have a bad time there
PIRATE
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: May 27, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have traveled ALOT to ride different contest around the country.... I alwys ting contest are a ton of fun. It is important to remember though that you are going to spend a lot of money to ride a minimal amount of time. If you went to Toe Jam, Party'd, Rode Cable, and made some friends and "filmed it all" you would probably get more of your moneys worth..... But like I said, for 2-3 years I drove and flew quite a few places to ride comps... It is fun to test yourself against the best.

If you want to know if you are ready to ride contest do this your next set. Get in the water... Dont warm up... Land every trick you can in the first 2 min that you are in the water.... (remeber no warm ups or waiting for "chop" to pass) Then throw into consideration you will be behind a diffent boat then usual, different driver, different speed ect..... If all of this plus your bank account funds are still saying yes then go for it.

What a threesome this would be!.
fontain06
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: May 27, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually ridden a few contests, so i'm familiar with how they feel. they were all a ton of fun! which is why i'm getting pretty amped about toe jam. personally, i ride better when i'm working towards a goal, and i think i would be super stoked and work hard all summer if i knew i was going to ride around the best.

next question is...who else is goin??!!

A.Rodriguez
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Pembroke Pines

PostPosted: May 27, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going up there to watch the event only
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: