FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Hyperlite Bi-Level: Fact or Fiction?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Northern VA

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont think he/she is gonna tell ya....
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Northern VA

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridethefire02, nobody is fine with progression in the sport unless it is them doing it....
sk8thewake69
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: sarasota / siesta key

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait i thought that cassette like patened the bi-level? so cant companies not copy off it?
rukusrider103
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually pirate, i ride with byerly often now and believe me if he didnt like it he wouldnt ride it, he stands for what he believes in.
dMaus
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Longwood

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not saying anything but i think horrel should let hype try a bi level...like everyone said all companies there to make money, cassette is just also progressing the sport... all cassette should want is the respect for being the first "concave, bi level, noseslide, and so on" board company, and not care because maybe hype will make it a lil better than cassettes? we dont kno and wont until they get to try...i really dont like the bi level but thats just me, i like the plain ol 4 trac. bi levels r to complicated but its a good board if u can do all the flip kick tricks and shizzle. just do wat u want...i dont care

THE REGIMENT

ShredEx
integrity640
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Ocala

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really stupid question, but what is a bi level? From the word half wakeskate,half wakeboard.

AnchorsAwayWake <======check it
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: orlando/winterpark

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hyperlite640, no its cassettes new multi level wakeskate that is amazing. there are pics in one of the post i dont feel like finding em tho
wakesk8r9610
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why r u guys always talking about this. you dont know the owners of hyperlite so just shut up
mike.h
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: San Diego County

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so does anyone know how much it weighs? Confused
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: orlando/winterpark

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its heavy no doubt but trust u me its in the perfect place and ull never notice it. its a masterpeice
ThomasNguyen
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Austin

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dMaus, personally I think placing the patent should help progress wakeskating. This will shift the number of people just copying ideas and force them to think up new ideas. Then maybe 5-10 years from now if the bi-level becomes the unanimous universal shape of wakeskates, then I guess it be nice to see all the innovations created to survive in the market come together.
They say the recipe for sprite is lemon and lime; I tried making that at home, there's more to it than that! "Want some more homemade sprite?" "Not till you figure out what else is in it!" (Edited for you little guys.)
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not every company is in business strictly for profits. A cliche example could be the zepher team (sorry dudes, I just watched that movie on this chilly Sunday afternoon), which reminds me a lot of a couple of wakeskating companies. Yes, companies need money to survive–it’s pointless to even argue over that. However, there are greater emotions that drive a company–a desire to create and to be creative, and maybe even to make dreams become a reality. It’s pretty obvious who’s leading and who’s following...hopefully you can see it too. And if a track record of stealing ideas doesn’t bother you, then shy your head and keep buying. But don’t say that’s the nature of business, or “that’s how things go.” Because there are three wakeskating companies that can work on three separate ideas and technological improvements to their products, and their shizzle doesn’t look anything alike and it’s still legit.

Also, I think the kent sporting goods comment is pretty good...and in defense of cassette, I’ve never heard thomas complain about hype making their own version of the 4-trac–lots of people on here fueled that fire. And I can’t freaking blame cassette for being upset that hype is conveniently designing their own bi-level. How progressive is it to ride the wave of someone else’s insight? Hype is toted as super progressive and influential, yet look at what they have in their wakeskate line-up. If it’s all about progression, come up with your own innnovations instead of incorporating someone else’s ideas into your products, resulting in an attempt to squeeze the truly insightful and passionate designers out of business. Companies like hype carry that lack of originality from wakeboarding over to wakeskating...

And it’s truly convenient to mention satellyte in that post...publicity...and a lame wakeskating comp isn't the only way to progress the sport. Remind me, who had the number one video last year??

Finally, “I hope those aren’t jumbo shrimp, because I’m allergic to oxymorons!” bye bye...

kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rukusrider103, glad to see your in orlando man, are you giving the locals hell, or what?
PIRATE

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, aman you sexy momma, Laughing seriously though i totally agree with you. i wanted to be the one to bring up kent sporing goods. uh oh i just had a idea Idea the reason kento911, likes hyope so much is cause he is kent from kent sporting good. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!kento911, is a corprate money hungry label whore, nnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy Eyes Crazy Eyes Crazy Eyes Crazy Eyes Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
mergeleft3
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Pirate: I guess Integrity sucks then because was hyperlite not the first compression molded skate. So I guess Integrity stold there idea. Lets face it all the companys are in it to make money that is what keeps them going. Where do you think they get the money for R/D so they can keep coming out with new products and pay riders and sponser events. If it was not for these big companys making a profit the sport would never go anywhere and it would just stay underground.
gregg
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Killen

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mergeleft3, nope sowwwwwwwy. the integrity is not compression molded, it is made of durasurf and through a completely different process, so next time know before you try to put hyperlite over one of the best rider owned companies out there

"Novelty is the cross on which boredom is crucified." - Dada Manifesto
PIRATE

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregg, dangit i wanted to rub that in mergeleft3, (aka, i dont know what im talking about) face. get your facts strait dude, integ is the only co... that makes a board that way, i ride one and its the best board in the world. did you even read electricsnow, post and did you miss the part about kent sporting goods owning everything Question ........ i am know dumber for reading your post Laughing Birthday
INDEFINITE
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, durasurf is used primarily in the snowboard industry ;which in case, some of you kooks did not know hyperlite used to make snowboards, so ho sports does actually use durasurf, and actually has used it on some of their older boards and I think on the bottom of the roam. Also a few other companies that come to mind are liberation wakeskates/wakeboards, origin wakeboards/skates, and a few others that use DuraSurf. Problem is when you have a base/top that is sintered (a process of crushing molecules) a delam can occur, especially if the bond is not good, so be careful my young investors (Sintered is better than an extruded base though). Yeah, ingtegrity skates do use good materials, but remember that they are not the only ones who use the stuff. There are only so many materials out there, and integrity's are somewhat compression molded, two molds coming together as one, with the bulk in the interior, taking the pressure, is compression molding.
Ridethefire02
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, i ride w/ her though, shes on Sattelyte too. I also thought of something at work today. Thomas thinks he is the first one to come up with this bi-level shizzle. But i want everyone to take a look at a CCS snow catalog. There you will find a Snow Skate w/ the same concept as the bi-level. They have been making these for years. So who is stealing whos ideas now? Congratualtions to Cassette for trying to use someone elses idea as their own and then bitching when other people try to use it. Mr. Horrell should take another look at these snow skates, because i know that is where he got the idea from. So much for their "innovation"
mergeleft3
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad you guys tried to rub it in my face, but I am sorry to tell you that Compression Molded is the process that the board is made and not the material used to make the board. Integrity's do use the compression molded process to make there boards. But unlike Hyperlite they use DuraSurf and hyperlite uses plastic. I like Intergrity's they are great boards and seem to be a great company, I just hope that they don't become to popular because then you guys will have to start trashing them.

So to sum it up -- Shut up about Hyperlite lets let the companys learn from each other so that we can get the best product. Go out and ride the board that you like. Tell, show, and talk about the sport lets do everything we can to help the sport grow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Add To Favorites

Jump to: