FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The latest update on Cassette's website...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
...andoutcomethewolves
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Suburbia Arizona

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a b1tch ass move to remove it. Don't claim your all about something, then diss it as soon as it ruffles a few feathers. Cassette looks like chumps for taking it down.

Another thing I don't understand is why anyone (Reed) would get pissed over a a surface spin? Whats the point, it's not like he (they) is being affected by it? I don't know the whole story,but it seems like Reed and Vickers are coming off like big sloppy pu55ies?

Can anyone inform me as to the point I am missing? Chase??
DockSecret
Ollie
Ollie

City: Austin

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who said Reed got pissed? He might of made fun of it. So are you saying he doesn't have the right to make fun of things?

You're obviously getting all pissed off about what moves Cassette makes. They have their reasons. Apparently you just want to yell at Cassette, trying to use as many negative words in your post as it is. What did they "claim [they we're] all about something? Cause what I saw were events that happen backed up with evidence.

"You better watch who you are calling a child Lois. 'Cause if I'm a child, then you know what that makes you? A pedophile, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna stand here and be lectured by a pervert." - Peter Griffin
...andoutcomethewolves
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right I shouldn't have used the word "claim". I just said that cuz the discussion here seemed to be 100% in favor of Cassette being such free thinkers and how proud everyone was with how they talked shizzle to everyone. Im not pissed at all, just trying to get the whole story.

As for Reed (in my opinion the best rider out right now) making fun of Chase, he has the right to do whatever he wants. I just think its pretty low class to talk dump at a contest to a young dude coming up. Maybe they do feel threatned? Its seems to me the Cassette team is only worried about themselves lately and not for the progression of the sport as a whole, which they have every right to be. To be involved in little drama shizzle like this makes them look like those stupidass frat guy crybabies on MTV.

I think Cassette's are great boards and totally endorse them and reccomend them to anyone. I also think 484 sucks balls. I don't want to yell at Cassette.

But then again I don't know the whole story, so I'll shutup now. Rolling Eyes
stussy
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally someone with a good answer/arguement
sapporo
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joey, in two of the contests that i attended, Reed landed a shove out of that pvc rail. In my opinion you do that in a comp and that is an automatic first place. But since all the judges are wakeboarders they seem to be more impressed with a 360 off the kicker. In detroit Hampson kicked everybodys ass so bad that if they didnt give the kid first place then it would have been ridiculous.

outcomesthewolves, if you cant see why a big spin where the board stays on the surface is not as legit as one where the board pops out of the water, spins in the air and the board is caught on the air... well then i give up.

One more thing, you want to know how to fix a contest real easy... pick the judges that are good friends with the guy you want to win. Also have you noticed how on the first two heats Grubb is riding against the not so good riders. I think not once (or at least the contests i went to) have Horrell or Reed have started on the same heat against Grubb, what a coincidence!

arigatou,
Sapporo

ps: in comps the first and second heat usually dont mean a thing unless they are really full.
...andoutcomethewolves
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapporo. Yes I do notice the difference. Thats not my point. Why talk shizzle is my point? What could he possibly gain by that except by coming off as an arrogant prick? Reed is better than Chase. Noted.

Now whats all this business about Chase gettin a beer threw in his face? Was it on purpose? Was it to be a d1ckhead? Was it because he dare throw a lame trick that the Cassette team has to witness? Did he come to the rescue for all those scarred by this most hanus move? Fill me in people.
DockSecret
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Why talk shizzle is my point?

Then what's this?
Quote:

thats a b1tch ass move to remove it. Don't claim your all about something, then diss it as soon as it ruffles a few feathers. Cassette looks like chumps for taking it down.

Or...

Quote:

it seems like Reed and Vickers are coming off like big sloppy pu55ies?

"You better watch who you are calling a child Lois. 'Cause if I'm a child, then you know what that makes you? A pedophile, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna stand here and be lectured by a pervert." - Peter Griffin
...andoutcomethewolves
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a pro am I? My views are not going to relect on a certian company are they? If you want to be in the spotlight, then accept the responsibility.
greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapporo, one trick never wins a contest. do you know how the tour is scored? its not based on o he did one sweet trick. it is based on everything throwin in your run. im not saying who should have or should not have won that contest im just saying that there was probably more to it then just those tricks you mentioned. also have you done a 360 off a kicker and a shovit off a rail. i have tried both and i know i would say doing a 360 off of the tour kicker is way harder then doing a shovit off of a low rail. both are great tricks, im not trying to put either of the riders down becuase they are some of the best riders out there.

about your coment to ...andoutcomethewolves, with the big spins being surface 180s to a shovit, that was me doing that and not chase, and i was not claiming them to be big spins that was the anouncer. i was thinking i was doing a surface 180 into a shovit. i am not sure how good you are but i think that it is a little bit harder to do this then doing a normal shovit. i could have gone down the lake and back doing shovits right next to the wake but i think doing a variation would be a little more intresting. but maybe thats just me and it is an individual sport so i can make that dicision for myslef.

i wasnt going to get involved with this thread but you brough up stuff about me so i had to say something. sorry

Last edited by greg van wagnen on Oct 09, 2003 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
BillJ
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2003 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapporo wrote:
Also have you noticed how on the first two heats Grubb is riding against the not so good riders. I think not once (or at least the contests i went to) have Horrell or Reed have started on the same heat against Grubb, what a coincidence!

No, not a coincidence at all. For the Pro Tour Grubb, Horrell, Byerly, and Drew were "seeded", meaning they were guaranteed a spot in the finals (but then Byerly only competed in Orlando if I remember correctly). So they had a heat among themselves to see who would be seeded highest.

At Worlds, they had to compete just like everyone else. Grubb and Horrell were in different heats but both heats had very good riders:

Thomas Horrell (FL) 96
Brandon Thomas (FL) 95
Jim Leatherman (FL) 91
Aaron Reed (FL) 88
Philip Basino (FL) 85
Chase Gregory (OH) 83
Danny Kennedy (FL) 79

Heat # 2

Brian Grubb (FL) 96
Tim Kovacich (FL) 94
Clint Tomplins (FL) 91
Greg Van Wagnen (OH) 89
Daniel Lovett (FL) 85
Drew McGuckin (FL) 82

I don't know how anyone could claim that Grubb didn't have to compete against any good riders when Kovacich, Lovett, and Drew were in his heat (no disrepect to Greg).
Frazcmankfar
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: London

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2003 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a fecking grip, this shows alot.

I have been on these forums for a long time now, just reading about stuff. Some stuff is good and fun, but lately the tone had been degrading quite rapidly. Maybe I'm mistaken but is this not supposed to be all about fun?

Enough is enough....surely?

Fraz
DockSecret
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2003 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I am not a pro am I?

Oh, so when wakeskaters become pro, they have to change the way they act, but surely, people like you and I are allowed to...
Quote:
talk shizzle
stussy
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea you can talk like a mother because nobody knows who you are Twisted Evil

this thread is heat

DockSecret
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, nice edit Dave. I was just quoting, forgot about the rules for a second.

Anyway, Reed or anyone else in Cassette has the right to "talk shizzle" like anyone else. And I'm pretty sure they weren't as serious as a lot of people in this thread think they we're.

edit:

I'm not saying they did, just having a little argu/convo with andoutcomethewolves. Like I said earlier, stating events that happened backed up with evidence.

Last edited by DockSecret on Oct 09, 2003 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Josh Johnson
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: orlando

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright alright, its the update time, i'm glad to see everybody's having a good time in here. First Off the News Update wasn't just talkin sh#t, it was all facts and all truth, if it made you mad, then so be it. It's our point of view on what happened. Secondly, this sport is really young and generally unheard of in the industry. If you guys dont allready know, wakeboarding doesn't really get that much respect outside of its own industry. Not saying that it shouldnt, but it doesnt. Wakeskating is a sport that we are trying really hard to prove deserves the respect from everybody. The Ole' 540 or whatever he was tryin to do is not a trick thats gonna progress that sport, especially in the World Championships, where there were plenty of people to impress. This sport was, is and should be directly influenced by skateboarding. Thats all we are saying.
Thanks for the support
DockSecret
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever happened to the "AMAZINGLY ULTIMATE GIVEAWAY INCREDIBLE MEGA SWEEPSTAKES OF A LIFETIME" on sfumatomovie.com? Smash
BillJ
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Josh, how does dumping a beer on Chase's head increase respect for the sport? Or making fun of another competitor as he's getting ready to ride?
Extremewave
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why talk about skateboarding this is wakeskating. That is funny, Josh you can't be serious.
Do really think copying only skateboarding tricks is going to progress the sport.
Why bother to buy a boat or a winch when you can pull all the same tricks on a skateboard. Just do what feels right for you. In the comps it is the judges call how they score each trick.

Peace
hypo
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2003 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<<---thinks someone should talk to josh about professionalism....are they a wakeskate 'company'? or just a bunch of punks?
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite frankly, I share josh's thoughts exactly on the ole, I just didn't want to say it. How cool is it REALLY if wakeboarders aren't even doing that stuff? And don't say they do "wake to wake off axis ole 5s" because interestingly enough, ole's are surface tricks ONLY. When it's done wake to wake, it's called a weedwacker. Funny, even wakeboarders can't use their own terminology properly, so they're actually doing "whacker 5's."

I have a question: what is up with the beef with chase? I think there's more to the story than what's being said because a few weeks ago someone (I will not say who, you can find that post on your own) had a problem with chase, citing reasons that included his attitude and purpose in wakeskating. And this person actually met chase, so what has gone on in the past that would lead him to this conclusion? wha???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Add To Favorites

Jump to: