FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

new MUTINY website
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catalyst
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Kelowna

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we had a topic going about blank boards awhile ago i think it would be awesome if u guys had blank models available like all white with a small logo in the bottom corner or something would be rad. Just like get some choices going. Remeber we all buy what we like and so far everyone likes the company so why not feed some more to the people. Either way i cant wait to see your stuff.
livewirelp
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like Integrity is going to soar. I think it is really a testament to the wakeskating community that we can blacklist Mutiny and support Integrity based upon their, for lack of a better word, integrity. That's not to say that we are doing Schmaltz any favors... He absolutely deserves it and I'm sure the Integrity line will rock our worlds. I don't know, it just seems to me that this sort of situation wouldn't really happen in a lot of other sports; the people who really make a difference tend to slip through the cracks as companies strive to make that extra buck. I just get all warm and fuzzy inside thinking about this. Very Happy
Budda
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Austin

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schmaltz - Any updated time line on the release of boards? I saw your prior sticks @ Waketoberfest and was jonesin to buy one. I am still on a 4 year old flat cassette and have been holding out. I bought a Grubb last year, rode it 3 times and sold it. Not my kinda ride. Its ride time in A-town and I want your board!
Grouch
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: The OC

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Budda,

Go back to page 2 and read all the threads before you post something.

Actually let me help you out.

Schmaltz Wrote:
Quote:
we should have samples in 2 weeks full production in 3... as long as everything goes smooth... a website is in the works now...which will show a 3D model of the board...and product shots. Grand opening coming soon...

hypo
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
we should have samples in 2 weeks full production in 3... as long as everything goes smooth... a website is in the works now...which will show a 3D model of the board...and product shots. Grand opening coming soon...

WOW, now thats some turn around!
Parky

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schmaltz, wat I think your doing for the sport is sick... but dont you think you will get noticed more if you were in mags... like ads and stuff....
el
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: The Sea

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not Erich, but I can say a few things about advertising in mags.

It costs an arm and a leg to have an ad anywhere other than those small black and white column adds 3/4's of the way through the mag, and even those cost quite a bit. That money that could be spent on developing and producing a solid product is spent hyping yourself up on the inside cover of a wake magazine. This is what I call "surface" advertising. It work pretty well for those companies who are on top of their "game".

The idea is instead to have a product that is so solid that it speaks for itself. The word will spread through message boards, word of mouth and shops, and the product advertises itself, "below the surface". Instead of the company paying a magazine to tell you why you should ride the board, people who have ridden the boards themselves can give you reliable information. When has a magazine ever said "this board sucks"? Would a person ride a board, hate it, and then say they like it? No. So the method of "below the surface" advertising also keeps its honesty intact through a form of self discipline.

It doesn't mean you should never advertise in a magazine, it's just an alternative
("energy efficient?") way of going about getting the word out.

Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Sydney/orlando

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with el, "Gorilla Advertising" works really well if you have a good product. Especially in such a small sport, the word gets round quicker. It works really well for some skateboard companies, I think it'll do fine for Integrity.
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's how grenade was able to blow up...they had everyone wearing their gloves and they tagged everything in sight...including quarter pipe lips. So I'd have to agree with el, as usual.
Grouch
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The right product with the right people supporting it will go far.

Thats what Integrity is!

K-dub
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: nor-cal

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grouch wrote:
The right product with the right people supporting it will go far.

Thats what Integrity is!

I could'nt have said it better myself.

Catalyst
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i like the whole gorilla advertising idea better. What do u think there doing here haha there advertising for free. When all these people are showing support for a friend, people are obviously gonna want to no more. People are easy to sway if one person thinks its cool more and more people will. I like the sound of integrity and its beleifs and whatnot but i havent even seen a deck yet. One is coming soon wich will be cool and i know he did good work at mutiny so more than likley this will be good also. I cant wait to see the board. but yeah this is advertising on here im advertising hyperlite i guess you could say cause my name is catalyst (hyperlite has nothing to do with this name though) electric snow is advertising electric goggles for snowboarding and Parky is always adertsing something Laughing . But you cant get much better than this stuff for free advertising i mean look at how much ive rambled on for because ive been introduced to integrity. YOu guys got this shizzle down and i hope you succeed, Its always good when a company will take the time to actually take to its consumers. That why hyperlite succeds (byt) liquid force (trip across america) GB(fully commited tour) If you look at all the big names there all doing something for us so well do something for them. Just keep up what your doing and you will do good. Id be sure to buy something from you guys when i see what kinda stuff you pumping out, anyways good luck. And whoever read this i hope this makes sense.
Parky

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Parky is always adertsing something Laughing"
LMAO yah im just a advertising kinda guy Laughing

Last edited by Parky on Mar 25, 2004 8:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also advertising snow: "The best element money can buy!"

Check it, fools!!

Catalyst
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yeah i like snow, I was expectin some big reply from you electricsnow, but haha maybe i hit the nail on the head. Who knows but hey how did u become a moderator?
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By being really, really good looking...
Parky

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catalyst, you got to talk to dave.... I was one lol I guess I wasn't good enough looking cuz Im not doing it anymore lol electricsnow, can u just post a picture of your self PLEASE Very Happy
Grouch
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catalyst,

I agree with you to a certain degree. The part I disagree with is if one person says its cool than its cool.

So because you say Hyperlite is cool, that makes me want to run out and buy it. Hell no! I would rather be the un-coolest person on earth than ride that crap!

Were not mindless zombies and I would never purchase something because someone else says its cool.

I am not ragging on you just posting my opinion. If you think I am cool and you want to listen to it than do so. If not, than do so!

LEADERS NOT FOLLOWERS RUN THE WORLD!

The followers make it possible for the leaders to rule!

Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

What do u think there doing here haha there advertising for free.

I don't let companies flat out advertise on the message boards (unless they are a paying advertiser on the site), but I can't really stop someone from posting a link to a website (that isn't offensive content). They just got lucky that it stirred up this much buzz. Of course you can get away with advertising by placing a company name in a signature or something similar, but if it gets too detailed, it will be removed. There is a fine line when it comes to companies advertising on the message boards and it can be really hard to decipher sometimes.

I have been working with a few of your favorite companies. I hate to let the word out too soon, but stay tuned. I have a lot in store for you guys in the next few weeks from companies that want to help support your favorite website and you, not see what they can get away with.
Catalyst
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 26, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha ok i didnt mean it sound like we are all mindless zombies im just saying when most people look at the general public what a celebraty or other famouse person promotes a certain product there are alot of people that will fallow them and idolize them in a sense. Notice how alomost all celebrities have a clothing line. When the celebritie dies so will the line. Im just saying these places are the best possible way to advertise anything. YOu can lots of people hyped on anything through here when say 5 or more people start making good comments about it and start answering people questions. Like fluid introduced itself and now everone on here has herd of there clothing and 10 to one says there line is starting to do quit well. I love it when new companies can get off to a good start thats why i think its awesome integrity is filing us in as they go. Im sorry if anyone took offense to what i said but to me im stating what i see happen everyday, people are media whores. I know alot of you on here arent and thats a really good thing. I disagree with your hyperlite staement though i think they make realy good stuff. But whatever im just stating what i see is happening. This sorta remind me of when i said assymetrical was a marketing ploy wich in a sense it as and once again in sense talking about companies on here is advertising. But yeah this is what i think. Wakeskating.com is an awesome place for info and talk about stuff and hope things around here never change or atleast if they do haha it better make things better. anyways haha chew on that.. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Add To Favorites

Jump to: