FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Liquid Force Signs Aaron Reed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott a
"a" is for angel

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIRATE, why do you hate lf?
ihatekooks
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont even know why pirate is talking shizzle about basino when he has won a few tournys and at least he rides for lf and not some flat deck company like a few people ride for just so they can get some free shiznackle boards.
jboss
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Chalmette

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatekooks, He was defending Basino. Good onnnnnnnnnnne.
integrity640
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Ocala

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatekooks, where you in the vietnam war?(seriously)

Id be stoked yet moreso p1ssed off if someone just came onboard and gets a pro model when i had been loyal......i got an idea, this could be like in the nba or sumthin, reed goes to lf and basino goes to cassette Birthday

AnchorsAwayWake <======check it
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

both reed and philip are very talented riders, but I personally feel that aaron is still on a different level than philip...he's on a different level than a TON of riders. Philip definitely killed it in the contests these past few years, and his consistency is really amazing. but I don't feel like he's on quite the same level as aaron. I'm sure mr. basino will get a pro model in due time. but I personally don't feel it's a bad thing to wait. This shizzle should mean something, and it's funny how fast some people want pro models thrown all over the place. freaking a, even when danny hampson was the hottest thing in the keys, he still didn't have a pro model with cassette. he had to wait like two years for that to happen.

anyway, LF only gave a pro model WAKESKATE to melissa M. Sorry peeps, but that's a little outrageous...so it will be interesting to see an actual wakeskater on team LF get a pro model.

hey, aaron reed is actually ridiculously good at wakeboarding. does anyone think they'll give him a pro model wakeboard? I smell letter writing campaign, signatures, petitions, the whole shabang...

el
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: The Sea

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I've seen Melissa do a boardslide on a rail wakeskating... that definetly merits a pro model. Best recognize.
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

el....... dude........i saw her do a BACKSIDE boardslide Shocked That deserves a private plane and her own clothing line Smash

-On a sidenote shes got a nice gun rack Razz

jboss
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole women's handicaps in sports is starting to piss me off. I don't know about every traditional sport, but EVERY SINGLE extreme sport has women's handicap. This means Elissa Streamer is getting payed to do the same tricks she's been doing for years (probably enough to make a living) while guys like Tony Cerventez and Wade Des'Ormeaux get nothing.
el
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: The Sea

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In defense of the "womens handicap" thing, and you have probably already heard all this before, but... some girl riders like to look up to girl riders, they don't neccesarily like to see dudes doing the tricks all the time (except for electricsnow, word on the street is she has choked a girl pro snowboarder to death). There is a market for girl riders, I know this because my neighbor is subscribed to one of those all girls boardsport magazines, which showcases what girl shredders are up to, and yes, markets to girls. There's money there. The thing of the guys side (mostly in skateboarding, snowboarding too) is that there are soo many good dudes out there these days, it's really a matter of knowing the right people and being in the right place at the right time in some cases. All that said, I am for more girls in the virtual sausage fest of wakeskating (and all boardsports for that matter).
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

el, While I may disagree with what you say, I defend to the death your right to say it. haha. But seriously I know there's a big industry in women' sports but it chaps my ass how unfair it is. It should be based on skill IMO.
scott a
"a" is for angel

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marketability>skill.

sooner or later this will sink in.

lets look at LF's Maven line. are they the best female riders? maybe. maybe not. are they marketing wakeboarding and wakeskating to as many girls as they can? hell yeah they are! is that cool? hell yea it is! think about it...if nobody is pushing the women's side of things girls will be less stoked to ride their wakeboard. they wont have any role models and nobody in the magazines to show them that yes, girls can be recognized. i dunno...maybe im weird, but i honestly enjoy being around girls that are stoked to ride.

jboss
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott a, I understand that marketing outweighs skill (in most cases), I just hate how it's like that.
PIRATE

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Top Hat wrote:
PIRATE wrote:
scott a, the world can know that i hate LF.

if parky were to say the same thing about sattelyte he would be bashed uncontrolably.

True,

and i shouldn't call parky out. thats my bad.

Bottom line, I have always and will always support the underdog. Especially in cases like this where he's getting screwed.
integrity640
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres something you'll like.
Theres this girl up by me that rides on my lake(a jr in high school) that is sponsored by lf and moomba or some boat company. Well anyways im thinkin well she must be pretty good to get a boat and stuff......wrong. Im out there one day and all shes is doin is w2w grabs and junk. I was like WHAT Smash I guess she can land a backroll when the atmospheric conditions are right, air pressure is good, wind is at her side at 5 mph, and no other boat is on the lake. So im thinkin she got a boat just because she landed a backroll a few times in her life and shes a girl so its amazing. Seriously, when you think about it, theres no reason a girl shouldnt be able to do what a guy does in any boardsport. Its not like they get to a certain point and say ''ohh cant learn any more!''

randomhero691
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

integrity640, It's the same thing with skateboarding. vanessa torres is the only girl worth watching in a contest. all of the others arent even as good as some of my friends at a skatepark that i go to in texas (considering that its the only one within 2 hours of my town) that arent even close to being sponsored.
m balony
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: And the beat goes on Reply with quote

Need I say more?
freerider4
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

integrity640 just cause she is sponsored by moomba doesn't mean she got a boat for free.
Mr. Top Hat
Dead

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

integrity640, seeing a person ride for only one day is not enough to draw conclusions about them. she could have taken an earlier set where she was going all out and the set you saw was just like a chill one.
urinal mint
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus tap dancing Christ this community fights worse than kittens and puppies.
SleuCrew
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Oak Grove

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott a wrote:
marketability>skill.

sooner or later this will sink in.

lets look at LF's Maven line. are they the best female riders? maybe. maybe not. are they marketing wakeboarding and wakeskating to as many girls as they can? hell yeah they are! is that cool? hell yea it is! think about it...if nobody is pushing the women's side of things girls will be less stoked to ride their wakeboard. they wont have any role models and nobody in the magazines to show them that yes, girls can be recognized. i dunno...maybe im weird, but i honestly enjoy being around girls that are stoked to ride.

I agree with you on this... BUT I do think that there is a different female LF rider that deserves a pro model more than melissa.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Add To Favorites

Jump to: