FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

WHY do you even bother
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PIRATE

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: WHY do you even bother Reply with quote

WHy do you guys wakeskate ???????? And whats your favorite way to ride ???? Describe your style...... I like riding at "however fast i feel like"mph and I like my rope length "as long as I want it that day" I love just feeling it. I like just busting i/o 180's Bs 180's just alot of rip/ride I think thats fun. Lately ive been realy diging s#it on my toe-side like ts i/o tailgrab shuvs, heelside b-s boards shuv out, f-s boards shuv out and of course front bigs Front bigs are the dopest feeling tricks I think.

Are you the kind of guy that likes to get super consistant or would you rather learn a new trick evertime you go out or throw a new twist on something old ??????

What about rails ????? boxes, ramps, flat bars, up-rails, up2flat, a-frames ect........
Mr. Top Hat
Dead

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my favorite thing to do is work with the environment around me. like gap a fallen tree or wallride up on a beach. alexxx and i got lucky yesterday when we made a ghetto box in about six inches of water and it was amazing. just trying to think outside the box with my riding. theres so much more potential to wakeskating than just riding flat water back and forth for a couple passes.
PIRATE

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Top Hat, hell yeah. Have you guys seen the pic of me doing that land gap ???? I swear that s#it was wayyyy more fun then doing anything else. And for the record I call shredding natural terain "ripride".
Bad Luck
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: austin / san marcos

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wakeskate because it makes people think im cool.

im not cool.

ts i/o is way fun.

i think i like to ride rails too much.

winches allow us to "take it to the street" and that makes me happy. im about to go winch a stream in the back of a bunch of people's yards from the driveway of a house that no one lives in, i wonder if the cops will show up... i wonder if it even matters...

i wakeskate cause i love it.

"it" being pirate's mom.

www.ByerlyWakeboards.com | www.Oneill.com | www.RukusBS.com
www.SpyOptics.com | www.TexasSkiRanch.com
bjr
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: St. Louis

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just like the plain feel of riding w.o my feet being stuck on the board ontop of some water
Mr. Top Hat
Dead

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIRATE, in florida we have many many many mangroves. i love catching a mangrove barrel with the occasional mangrove closeout.
PIRATE

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a clue what a mangrove is ???? I have cactus and rock's out here soooooo............. yeah.
jacque_mehoff
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIRATE,

I used to skate back in the 50's. This is just another progession of skating.

I love not being strapped in too. I like the lose feeling of the skate.

Some days I will work on one trick, other days, I just want to cruise.

Either way, I always feel better after a session, whether I landed something or not.

Also, watching someone get up for the first time is priceless. We were all riding one day. My turn in the line up, I pull out the skate, the first timer was like wtf is that. Needless to say, her next turn, right for the skate. First attempt, right up. She killed it first time behind a boat or anything else. That was a great memory.

That's how I ride and my style. I always bring beer bucks and b#$#!

www.integrity-wake.com

Seriously? wrote:
Seriously?
c dub
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Austin

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ride because its the most fun thing i have ever done, landing new shizzz and popping big 180's i/o... landing kickflips as smooth as butter, and slashing the wake

wakeskating.

www.virtuewakeskates.com
JimTheArchangel
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: the 904!

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the better question is why not?

it truely is "surfing the wave that always breaks"... in a kinda flat, glassy, non-wave, non-surfing way.

that made no sense.

did it?

c dub
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Austin

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimTheArchangel.... yeah, kinda, not really

www.virtuewakeskates.com
David Legler
linear perspective

City: Durham

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riding at like 7:30 or 8 in the morning when there is some fog on the water and it is just glass and then just carving around in the water and not really doing anything at all, just riding...MAYBE throwing in a few shuv-its......such an amazing experience/feeling...
jacque_mehoff
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Legler,

I love that same picture while duck hunting. Then a flock spots your decoys, they circle you call out QUACK QUACK from the call, they come in for the landing,,,,,,,

BLAM BLAM splash! dog in the water for the retrieve. Nice green head for the table.

What are we talking about again?

www.integrity-wake.com

Seriously? wrote:
Seriously?
holmespika
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Legler,

I totally agree with the morning riding. I love it when there is no one else out there and you just have it all to yourself. when the water is so smooth, you can see your reflection in the flats and you can't even feel the water and you just seem to glide across it. I love that bubbly sound the water makes when it is super flat.

I just love it, because it is fun. It's a chance to push yourself and learn a new trick, or just a chance to go out and ride around. It's fun to have fun in the boat with friends and jacque_mehoff, I agree, seeing someone get up for the first time is awesome. Just seeing people get excited and feeling that excitement yourself when you land a new trick or just have a good session.

That's all for now.
ZoSo
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Winnipeg

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the feeling of gliding across glass...sticking a new trick...and not having sore feet after a long pull.
nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who thinks they can post a picture that captures this feeling (how they feel about wakeskating)?

Lately I've been doing a lot of w2w stuff. Just boosting a 14 ft stalefish shifty off the double up and slowly floating it back to the water and coming down the other side of the wake, just to look up at the faces of the people in the boat makes me smile. Switch w2w 3 is t3h s3cKs also.

Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something like this

CopperBikini.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  50.1 KB
 Viewed:  4404 Time(s)

www.integrity-wake.com

Seriously? wrote:
Seriously?
cassette315
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: florida keys

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love going out with the few wakeboarders down here and since im pritty much the only wakeskater i get to see the smiles on there faces and them cheerin me on for sum thing as simple as a pop shuv over a bouyi and that gives me pure motavation, i donno about the rope length becuase im constently riding diffrrent lengths, or the speed becuase i ride diffrent boats with diffrent speeds, but i lovee w2w 180's and in.out 360 shuvs, maby a kickflip if i get lucky

sattelyte004.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  53.77 KB
 Viewed:  4387 Time(s)

nottoldyet
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: orlando

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawn patrol is where its at I can get my chee on some days i just do lip tricks all day, and riding with two guys behind ski taking each other out thats always good time
Raven
3 Shuv Reed Texas Gap

City: OC

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all good reasons, and it is good for Pirate to open up a thread to let everybody express how they feel about the sport.

I love it. I fall asleep thinking about it, and I wake up to check the flags and the temperature of the air. I watch the weather channel to monitor the winds, and to plan my next assault on the water.

I hound my buds to come out, and once they commit I'm on a mission. Don't get in my way, cause I'm going no matter what. I usually load up the boat alone and clean up as well. I book about 50 across the bay to meet them at the creek. Then I pull up to the boat ramp with a sh*t eatin grin. They come aboard and it's time. I like to ride last, so I'll pull them and really cheer them along.

I like to start off a dock or something and I like to carve a bit. I like to ollie a few to get the feeling and some spins on the wake. After that it's time to build up with a few shuvs and 180's and some w2w's. Now it's on, it's time for a big ol' 3shuv or a back big, after that I go for the flips and some big w2w's.

Sorry about the long post, I am so passionate about wakeskating Cool

I just love being out on the boat with my freinds, the sun, the sounds of nature, the water, and the scenery; but mostly I like to breathe the air out there. It's so pure. Then after cleaning the boat a shower and a huge dinner I now feel fufilled and I will rest easily dreaming about my next session.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: