FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

iPod Wakeskate Videos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Subvert
Ollie
Ollie

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: iPod Wakeskate Videos Reply with quote

I got a new iPod video for Chrismhanaquanzaka and I want to put all my wakeskate videos that I have bought (Decline, Sfumato, ect.) on it. Now all that has to be done is these filles need to be convertted to mpeg4 format and then I just throw them on it, and suddenly I'm the coolest kid in town. But, alas, my DVD reader on my computer is fried. Therefore, I cannot upload my extensive library onto my computer. Crying or Very sad So I need everyones help. I know some of you have already done this, so if you have the converted file already, PM me. Or if you're just a super cool person, and don't mind downloading Videora for free and taking the twelve minutes or so to convert the files for me, I promise to find you a hot girlfriend in or around your township. Also, the only wakeskate video I want and have not rightfully purchased yet is "Money Can't Buy." If you can help me get that I promise to buy it as well. We have to support our sport so buy your vidoes, these aren't rich music producers so you can't justify stealing their work with out paying for it! Thanks in advance.
Poo

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subvert, "Chrismhanaquanzaka" wtf is that man??????
K'jellman
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Stockholm/Sweden

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinceWhiteman, i think he's talking about christmas
bjr
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: St. Louis

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

christmas - hannaukah -qwanza all into 1
xstfu ill pwn youx
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: 954.

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you tell me how to do it man id be happy to do it. whats videora?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
integrity640
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Ocala

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if thats possible unfortunatly, because i tried saving a vid onto my cousinds computer and it said it couldnt because it was copyrighted or whatever.

Id go to best buy and get icopy. I think thats the name but its a dvd burning program. That is if its your program, not your pc thats mesin up

AnchorsAwayWake <======check it
chriscut
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows directions: http://www.engadget.com/2005/10/14/how-to-convert-a-dvd-for-your-ipod-with-video-in-windows/

Mac directions: http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=3&q=http://howto.diveintomark.org/ipod-dvd-ripping-guide/&e=10401

If you want to find more info try a google search. I found a lot of info on there. The Ipod's use a new video format, H.264 (MPEG4), so you have to use software to re-encode the Dvd video to the ipod compadible format.

wakeskatefooo
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: odessa

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they should make it like putting a cd on there

does anyone know how to put photos on there

5 of my random pictures got on there

a spy is a nat compared to a ninja!!!
chriscut
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakeskatefooo, It takes hours to rip and reencode a dvd. thats probably why they havent added that feature in... its not very user friendly yet as computers arent fast enough to do all of that work in a reasonable amount of time. I remember in ~1997 when it took 10 minutes to encode a single song into MP3 format.. and that was after you copied the .wav audio file off the CD onto your hard drive.
chriscut
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, the dvd decryption code needed to rip a dvd is consitered illegal. That's probably the main reason why Apple would leave it out.
Poo

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could do that back in '97, i didnt even know computers existed back then. i was sporting the super nintendo in '97
scott a
"a" is for angel

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and then you've got the whole ipod battery issues where you can only watch a few hours of video before the battery needs to be charged again Laughing

i still dont understand why dvd decryption/archiving is illegal. i mean, you can rip cds to your hard drive and they're considered "archival," yet you cannot do this with dvds? weeeeeird!

chriscut
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott a, thats because CD's are raw audio data, no encryption. So you arent cracking any decryption to put them on your hard drive. (you can bet the RIAA still hates that you can back up a CD. They even hate used CD stores and if they had their way they would shut those stores down and also block you from copying their CDs).

The lovely law called the digial millenum copyright act (DMCA) says that if you break an encryption scheme you are breaking the law. So the movie industry got smart, (or so they thought) and put this encryption called CSS onto all movie DVD's. They only allow certain companys to use the CSS encryption algorythm, so if you wanted to make your own DVD player, you'd have to pay the movie companies to be able to watch their encypted DVD. If you want to copy their dvd to your hard drive, CSS blocks you from doing so. Css also blocks you from fast forwarding fbi warnings, previews, and also sets the region coding.

15-year old Norwegian guy wrote DeCSS which breaks their weak CSS encryption. with DeCSS people could play dvds on other operating systems (like Linux, FreeBSD), and others took that code and built dvd decryption programs like dvd decrypter.

So no, you cant backup a DVD legally in the US. It's a lame law that was pushed through do to heavy lobbying and the ignorance of our politicians. Rolling Eyes

integrity640
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Ocala

PostPosted: Dec 28, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Barcellos..................... Shocked

WOW, i just learbed a shizzleload in about 5 minutes(ahad to reread it) I only understood about half of it Laughing Smash

AnchorsAwayWake <======check it
bjr
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: St. Louis

PostPosted: Dec 28, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do u put photos onto NANO?
Subvert
Ollie
Ollie

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Dec 28, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the Nano "bjr," But "wakeskatefooo," PM me and I'll walk you through the photo coping process.

Chris is right, the laws are laid out so that it is illegal but the odds of someone prosecuting you for watching a video you own is rare; especially if the only law you broke was reformating it simply to fit another format that you also paid for. It is possiblr to put DVD's on an iPod. Chris is again right on this one, it takes some time to do the encoding: 1. To rip the DVD to the hard drive and 2. To reformat the file to Mpeg4 with a special program such as Videora. I think I'm just going to go buy a new DVD drive for the Computer.

Out of respect for Dave's site I wont promote anything illegal, but if any of you want to know how to take the wakeskating DVD's that you already own and put them on an iPod that YOU BOUGHT, PM me and I'll help you out.

Just think, now when people look at you like you're crazy after telling them you wakeskate, you'll be able to show them what it is.
justinstephens
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: St George

PostPosted: Dec 28, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going to be trying to keep this updated as often as possible...Hope you like it...

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=108881706

Justin
RUSSIAN
Integrity Sheep

City: Where's my beer

PostPosted: Dec 29, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put sfumato and Asterisk on my Ipod, pretty freakin sweet, but it aint the easiest thing to do Rolling Eyes
chriscut
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 01, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RUSSIAN, how's the battery last when you watch the videos?
RUSSIAN
Integrity Sheep

City: Where's my beer

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent watched one all the way through yet but it definatly dies faster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: