FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

concushun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesBoardr
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: clermont

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: concushun Reply with quote

so apparently i went wakeboarding last night. i kind of remember making plans to go night skiing and remember most of yesterday. i remember golfing and playing soccer and remember bits and pieces, but unfortunately, i guess i caught edge and smacked hard on a 540 last night.
i had a dream about going to the hospital but it wasnt until this morning when i woke up and saw the bandage on my left arm and little hospital tag on my right wrist.
i guess i had a cat scan and everything is good. just my first concussion. still trying to remeber everything. but i should be fine. im done riding for the year. dont want to hit myself before i go snowboarding in utah in a couple weeks.
scary thing is that i wasnt even wearing a vest. just a wetsuit Confused . really puts things in perspective. luckily nothing to bad happen. just a long night in the er that i dont even remember anyways.
just shows you that you shouldnt EVER wakeboard lol.
no worries. if it werent for the bad things, you wouldnt have the thrills.

heres a picture i took before riding that i dont even remember taking. i dont even remember riding, wierd feeling to say the least

Iamjesse
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: League City/San Marcos/ Austin

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats hard core.... glad to hear your ok man, i got a bad concussion a few years ago... it sucked i got it right before a big flood, missed a week of the best ditchboarding i had ever seen in texas....
Yea what were you doing in straps any way?????
shane
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Lost

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wakeskating gods hath spoken. (or...acted)

It is a weird feeling, last year I got a concussion playing hockey and it's definetley something new when you get up and don't even remember what happened or where you are.

Glad to hear you're okay, that situation could have been much, much worse. (without the vest)

JamesBoardr
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just goofing off. my mom got this new liquid force diva wakeboard thats like 124 cm or something. so i took the fins off of it the other day and was just messing around on it. its kinda fun. really loose like a wakeskate, i was just doing like 270s off and onto the wake for practice and then ts and hs 3's and 5's for some more practice. so i decided to go riding last night and try to get some pictures and just have fun but i really couldnt tell you what happened considering i dont even remember taking that picture on the dock. im like that girl from 50 first dates
JamesBoardr
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shane, yeh. i figured it was the wakeskating gods striking down upon me. my bad. im going to have to start worship to them more often
integrity640
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Ocala

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesBoardr,"You got knocked the fvck out!!" - Smokey

lol thats sucks big time. Me n my bro where on lake travis this summer geting instructions from that one guys name, owns the shop. Well anywho mr bro did some crazy ass thing and got a concussion, he kept askin where we where, how we got there, and what happended. lol i wanted to slap him cuz he kept askin me. Then i efed my knee up the same day, so my dad had payed for lessons and both of us are hurt lol. So i toughed it out and rode a gb wakeskate and messed my knee up even more Smash

my friend in texas is a sick strapper, and lately hes started getin concussions and the doc told him dont go for 2 weeks. so he went after 2 weeks and got another. so this time it was like a month or so. well he was bein a tard and was chasin his friend in the dark and smacked his head on the pavement Rolling Eyes lmao so he is out for a while.

seriously do what the doc says otherwise you could seriously have some uhhh....side efects Confused

AnchorsAwayWake <======check it
JamesBoardr
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

integrity640, thanks bro. i think im fine. not supposed to do anything physically tough for a while which sucks cause i work at this feed store throwing 50 pound bags around all day.
i dont ever remember seeing a doctor so dont know what he said. im just going to relax all day. go to a soccer game later on and hang out with friends away from the water for a while. luckily the lakes rough or id be tempted to go out again lol. wierd how that works
integrity640
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Ocala

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesBoardr, lol man with my knee, i could barely put weight on it and i was spazzing out while i was on the boat.lol i know the feeling Laughing

AnchorsAwayWake <======check it
Raven
3 Shuv Reed Texas Gap

City: OC

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gald to hear you are OK man. That is some scary stuff. It just goes to show you, you should always wear a vest; and you should never strap. Very Happy

You are lucky. I'm wondering what your friends saw? Did you sink? I guess you wouldn't sink in a wakeboard. A concussion wakeskating...you may have sunk to the bottom. How did they get you in the dark, in the boat? Wear a vest, and don't strap. Wink

JamesBoardr
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven, yeh, im not exactly sure how that all went done truthfully. luckily i had some people in the boat that really care about me. luckily we have some good tower light that lit me up and luckily the wet suit and board floated me some.
luck was on my side. that for sure.
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: orlando/winterpark

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to race motocross all the time, my first concusion was bad, i cased a 50ft double back when i rode 80's and put the biiggest bruise on my hip i have ever seen, i totally dont remember 3days b4 that, i came too almost 4hours after the crash but i guess i was screaming(i have some thing that when i get knowcked out i just scream for not much reason other than im knocked out) and walking around like after an hour after the crash, so maybe you got knocked out but ur body gained function back and that why u didnt drown. but all the k/o's after my first i was fine and i hit a lot harder and still raced the next race, like after your first one u get knocked out easier and easier.
JTwakeskater56
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Anna Maria Island

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah..just glad to see you can post about it. Do the relaxing thing & you'll be back post haste. Mr T
xstfu ill pwn youx
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: 954.

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to here your alright. ive never had a concusion. they dont sound that fun though. Birthday
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: