FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

evil handles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesBoardr
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: clermont

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: evil handles Reply with quote

yesterday i went riding behind the boat and had a really great day going cause i landing all my normal tricks so i started the stuff im not very consistent with. eventually i got to the w2w 360. first try and i almost land it but as soon as i hit the water, my arm just rips and goes completely numb. i started freaking, hoping it didnt break or anything, but luckily i could move my fingers so i was happy. when my dad pulled around with the boat he knew something was wrong. he said the rope yanked so hard it was easy to tell it got caught on something. so apparently when i went for the handle pass it got caught around my arm and ripped off at 23mph. my entire formarm is all bruised up and swollen but it will probably only be a week long thing cause it doesnt feel that bad.

anyways, what i want to know, is whether this handle crap is only happen to wakeskaters cause ive heard about it happening to so many people on this site but never hear it happening to wakeboarder. (maybe because i dont listen to that crowd as much). when i heard everyone elses stories about their ropes almost taking off their arms i really didnt know how it could happen. but it happens so fast theres nothing you can do.
cfxomega
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone posted a few weeks ago that a girl has her arm ripped completely off while waterskiing or something

my worst experience similar to this was while tubing...i popped off the tube and my leg went between the triangle of rope that connects to the tube...i got dragged for about 10 seconds until the people in the boat realized that something didn't look right...luckily my fun pack didn't receive any damage, just a groin pull
________
Ford xb falcon
________
Free gift card

Last edited by cfxomega on Feb 21, 2011 10:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bad Luck
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: austin / san marcos

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it happens to strappers too, ive watched it happen to at least 3 of them.

www.ByerlyWakeboards.com | www.Oneill.com | www.RukusBS.com
www.SpyOptics.com | www.TexasSkiRanch.com
gorath112
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Grand Rapids

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesBoardr, parks hit the water with the handle around his head, but still that sucks man
JamesBoardr
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like my arm is doing real well. doesnt hurt that bad anymore, just hurts to move my wrist a lot. i was even able to scuba dive in the lake so i could put int he screws in the lake bottom for ancoring the floatable rail. thats gunna be fun tomorrow Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Nov 01, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gorath112, That had to be nuts...
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: VENICE

PostPosted: Nov 01, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive had it happen to my ankle i fell back and the handle some how managed to get caught under the toung of my shoe and it felt like it ripped my ankle off get well soon gorath112
Bestleft4dead
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Clermont

PostPosted: Nov 01, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesBoardr wrote:
looks like my arm is doing real well. doesnt hurt that bad anymore, just hurts to move my wrist a lot. i was even able to scuba dive in the lake so i could put int he screws in the lake bottom for ancoring the floatable rail. thats gunna be fun tomorrow Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

What?! you've got a rail and you havent told me!

hyperlite5590
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: jupiter

PostPosted: Nov 02, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james you are just a whimp Laughing Smash
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Ocala

PostPosted: Nov 02, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get well soon JamesBoardr, that shizzle sucks, i fell forward on a shuv out of a slide and the rope caught my thumb and it snaped forward.

my handle is now wrapped in sports tape, the handle, the wrapped handle, and the plastic.lol my friend i bought it off of did it Laughing Smash

AnchorsAwayWake <======check it
JamesBoardr
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Nov 02, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bestleft4dead, of course i have a rail, doesnt everyone. at least all the cool people do. its like 16 feet long, 7 feet wide floatable rail. on one side is a 2 1/2 high flat bar and on the other is this 1 1/2 high rail part that is like a triangle and then like 6 feet in the center is just a flat sliding part. its sweet. ill have pics up tomorrow.

Bestleft4dead, pm me your phone number and if you want you can come out tomorrow and hit the beast. we will be filming and doing a photo shoot and just having fun. ill pm you my address so if i dont get ahold of you, you can just so up.

oh. and my arms doing fine. i was shredding it up today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: