FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Wakeskating explosing
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ellipsis rider
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: st-sauveur

PostPosted: Oct 02, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Wakeskating explosing Reply with quote

i just wanna know, do you guys think wakeskating explode already? i mean like wakeboarding totally explode, you cant get a sponsorship easely, and skateboarding exlplode, kids of 6-7 years old are good as pros, snowboarding explode, big airs are huge, and if you don't wanna try the big big air, than, go home, but what about wakeskating? to get a sponsorship at the age of 16, you gotta land 360 shuvs, bs 180s, ollie over sh*ts, but it still alraight, will wakeskate become a sport, where kids will land kickflips and varial heelflip over stuff? i hope not...

a good point in that direction is you don't have a board the size of a child... wich you do in wakeboarding, snowboarding and skateboarding...
mario c.

PostPosted: Oct 02, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somewhat confusing. kids are already k-flipping and v-flipping over shizzle. skateboards are smaller than wakeskates, and why wouldn't you want the future rippers of w/s pushing the limits of progression?
littleblightie
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Oct 02, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Ellipsis_rider, what you're saying is that you hope the Wakeskating world doesnt progress around you because you really want a sponsor?

I am all for the progression of wakeskating, and I'm not really sure what your point is
TTUFAN24
Something Clever

City: HOUSTON

PostPosted: Oct 02, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one skates in dallas. i wish i knew someone who was at least somewhat serious. i ride with a bunch of wakeboarders. i only wakeboard when it is choppy.
freerider4
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 02, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope there will be a lot of flip tricks over stuff in the future.
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: orlando/winterpark

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellipsis rider,umm wtf? r u serious?
nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: St Pete, Florida

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i guess we should all concentrate on degressing from now on?
OverEasy
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Richardson

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTUFAN24,

I live in DFW and most of my regular crew are wakeskaters. Don't know how "serious" we are; we're mostly newbies & old folks (30+). Nobody on our boat is landing any shuv's or kickflips; mostly just surface stuff at this point. But the skating/wakeboarding ratio is still 90/10.

JamesBoardr
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: clermont

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, this guy seems kinda psychotic. nick t. i would watch your back. youd be the first to go cause your progressing to fast lol and he wont get sponsored. i say screw all that. the people that do well progress cause they ride whenever they get hte chance and make it their life. they deserve to be better than someone who is in the sport for a sponsorship. dont really get all that. Confused Confused Confused
stu
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: bradenton

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Taylor, ya wow

"It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DRAGON88
Dragoon

City: Portland

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is that if you want something persue it, put everything you've got into it and you might get it back. Wakeskating shouldn't "digress" just because you are not good enough to get a sponsor...

Also if you are from any English speaking country please have your English teacher slap you for me. Grammer, ever heard of it?

nick
Island Rat

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRAGON88, Grammar* Laughing
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hold on now Sally.....

Give this dude the benefit of the doubt. I am pretty sure that he is what we in English speaking Canada call "A Pepper."

You see, when Coke and Pepsi were first sold in Quebec, Pepsi was slightly cheaper than Coke. And, as we know, the French are cheap bastards, so all the Frogs in Quebec preferred to drink Pepsi over coke. As such, over the years, they have become known as "Peppers."

The other thing to keep in mind is that you cannot condemn a Pepper for his or her grammar, for the typical Pepper is bi-lingual while the typical English speaker knows English.....period.

Thus, I would allow this chap a chance to consult his dictionary and construct a retort before criticizing his grammar, etc……

Rock on…

PS…I love the Québécois; I just like to make fun of them….

electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dudes, I'm pretty sure he's french canadian. And for the record, there's no canada like french canada, it's the best canada in the land...

And if we're about to get grammatical on our asses, it's regress, not digress.

Anyway, kids are already ripping; the pioneers who made early product and tried to push wakeskating did not do so to see it stagnate or to keep it like a secret. The point was to make it progress and grow in a healthy way. And quite frankly, one SHOULD have to earn a sponsorship through talent and a good 'tude.

nick
Island Rat

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, <3
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive seen wakeskates explode....... I have some crazy tech tricks in my head that Im sure no one has ever thought of and I think they are very capable of being landed so more wakeskates will explode. I know that in nicks tiny little head he has some crazy tricks we will call them stupid tricks because once they are pulled everyone will call themm stupid because it will be hard as hell to land them. Nick this thursday cast off so hopefully another week and we can ride... I also have a sick water housing so we can get some good photage although Im sure no one wants to see your skills.. Rolling Eyes
Nekton surfshop, LA trill grillz
Jonesie
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellipsis rider, if what you are trying to say is that you don't want wakeskating to explode, and you want it to remain more or less a 'personal' sport, I can agree. I would love for wakeskating to stay like it is now, not like wakeboarding where everyone has heard of it. I know this woln't happen and that wakeskating is soon to blow up, but fantasy worlds aren't illegal haha.

BUT if you are saying you don't want wakeskating to progress any further, go kill yourself. Smash Shocked

Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright....if I can get my point across, that will be a miracle....here goes......

Je suis désolé. Je ne peux pas parler français. Vous devriez apprécier le sport de wakeksating tandis que c'est un jeune sport. Une fois que wakeskating devient plus populaire, il peut ne pas être agréable. Quand le sport de snowboarding la première fois a commencé, il était agréable. Snowboarding maintenant n'est pas agréable. Appréciez le sport de wakeskating maintenant.

I think that "Appréciez le sport de wakeskating maintenant" is the point I am trying to make......

s34n
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Charleston Lake

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread reminds me of cigarettes and labatt 50...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: