FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

2015 Tige MyWake Online Video Contest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

City: Menlo Park/ Bay Area

PostPosted: May 12, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: 2015 Tige MyWake Online Video Contest Reply with quote

Tige is back for 2015 with the MyWake Online Video Challenge and they changed a few things.

Tige MyWake Contest

Here are the contest applicable to wakeskating.

Keep in mind you MUST WEAR a life jacket in all videos and FOOTAGE MUST BE ORIGINAL having never been published before. So save your banger clips, show everyone what wakeskating looks like and most of all... take home a fat paycheck from a boat company!

The wakeskate specific contest has a combined purse of $7000 in prize money and thats just to compete against other wakeskaters. Thats a huge chunk of change for Tige to put up considering they mostly cater to wakesurfing but still have two wakeskaters on board with them.

The contest..

3 Trick Line - Boat

The LowDown

This contest is a 3 trick WAKE TO WAKE BOAT LINE, with back to back tricks. Tige is a boat manufacture and they want to see some wake to wake tricks and are willing to give a wakeskater [$2000 for three bangers. Get to it.

Battle Of The CableParks (winch included)

The LowDown

Did anyone read this one? Get a team together and hammer out the best video you can at a cable park with WINCHING INCLUDED! Video has to be a minimum 3 mins and you [i] have to wear a life vest[i/] even if winching.

With all the lock in tricks going down at cable pakrs and tech wizardy going down gaps wakeskaters better put in some effort and take this one home.

The Payout is $3000 to the winning team.

Best Cable Trick (winch included)

The LowDown

This one is pretty strait forward, the best single trick while being pulled behind a cable, 2.0 or winch. The Payout is $2000

Video of the Year

The LowDown

Best 2-3 minute video and you are being judged against everyone.. wakeboarders and wakesurfers. There is no reason for a wakesurfer to win this category. Most throwaway wakeskate videos are better put together than every wakesurf video ive seen.

The Payout is $7500[b] to First place and runner up gets [b]$2500. Thats still a lot of money.

Battle of the Brands

No clue on this one but I'm hoping this is a Team style video and if so, I hope some wakeskate teams compete and make some magic happen!

Gnarly Dancer 42
360 flip
360 flip

City: kalamazoo

PostPosted: May 12, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm entering again for sure..... even though my video wasn't even close to winning, I still somehow got a free $20 gift card to buy wake Razz

http://www.kearnsmedia.com
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

PostPosted: May 13, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What contest did you enter in last year?

Seems like they took the input from last years contest and tried to better format it this year for wakeskaitng by including the winch in multiple sections.

I hope some more wakeskaters enter the boat line. So many guys can throw down hammers. Coco Mendez is constantly posting Instagram vids with wake to wake hammers, Fortenberry has been asking for boat to make a comeback this year, we know Hampson kills it behind the boat and a number of other guys do as well.

I'm most looking forward to the "Battle of the Cable Parks" since they included the winch. Every wakeskate edit from the Philipenes could win that (well not at the moment since that would violate the original/ never been used before clause) category.

-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: May 13, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really awesome to see this back again. Last year was awesome seeing all the entries. I would log on multiple times a day to see if anyone new added a vid! Nicks kicky benihana off the kicker was dope and that double kicky heelflip line by that Aphid guy (or Leaf?) was insane.
Jake S
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SLC

PostPosted: May 19, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great idea executed horribly.
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

PostPosted: May 19, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake S, what would you do differently to improve on it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: