FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Grubb, Red Bull, The philippines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Grubb, Red Bull, The philippines Reply with quote

This is old news already, but it just popped up on my facebook feed because a gizmodo related site just posted it:

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/amazing-wakeskate-video-in-one-the-most-stunning-places-1637555390?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

All I can say is it's really cool how far reaching that experience and media has become. You think of our traditional outlets, and how many additional people will at least see what wakeskating is because of it. It's kind of like nick's sea doo spark video. There's a whole other behind the scenes video talking about it, and it's not just wakeskaters that get to see it. So that part is kind of cool. Hopefully it will all grab just a few of the right people!

Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

City: Menlo Park/ Bay Area

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some interesting comments over there....
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That definitely took it in a different direction!

I guess you take the good with the bad with mainstream exposure. A whole lot of the negative comments seem crabby and presumptious. I highly doubt anything was destroyed, and i can't imagine red bull pillaging that spot until the locals told them to split (as one reader suggested). I'm disappointed, but have seen other articles on that site that come from a genuinely positive place, and people will tear it to shreds.

I was still pumped to see that article in my feed.

Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

City: Menlo Park/ Bay Area

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, same here. I remember reading/hearing from Grubb somewhere that they had permission to do this from the locals and a few other things.

Comment sections are the breeding grounds of Keyboard Warriors who have nothing better to do.

Stoaked to see wakeskating make it somewhere like that as well, I've had that video pop up in a few random places online as well.

carive
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Manila

PostPosted: Sep 25, 2014 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here in the phillies everyone was ranting that the place was violated yada yada... for us wakeskaters here we said that its another boost for our country to be noticed.
some filipinos really are onion skinned hahaha!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: