FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Shoes for 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeff
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Philadelphia

PostPosted: May 23, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Shoes for 2012 Reply with quote

Whats new for this season? I haven't seen much. Liquid Playground doesn't have any.. unless I just couldn't find them on website??
jeff
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Philadelphia

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked Liquid Playground if they know when new DVS shoes will be available and this was their reply..

Jeff-the factory making the shoes this year went out of biz so they aren't making any for 2012. DVS also filed for Chapter 11 a few weeks back ;-(. Hopefully someone will pick them up and we can continue to see DVS shoes in the future since it was a Section 363 sale.

any new nikes out there?
Jake S
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SLC

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVS is being auctioned June 13th, they owe a big sum to Bank of America. It looks like the bidding might start around 4 Million, only a small part of what is owed. Im sure someone will pick them up. Good luck to DVS and hopefully OBSCURA can still do shoes with them in the future.

http://business.transworld.net/98595/features/bank-of-america-pushes-for-immediate-dvs-cash-sale/
texasT
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: HOUSTONNN

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake S wrote:
DVS is being auctioned June 13th, they owe a big sum to Bank of America. It looks like the bidding might start around 4 Million, only a small part of what is owed. Im sure someone will pick them up. Good luck to DVS and hopefully OBSCURA can still do shoes with them in the future.

http://business.transworld.net/98595/features/bank-of-america-pushes-for-immediate-dvs-cash-sale/

damn, that sucks-

i hope it works out for them since they are rad as shiiii

electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Jun 03, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this saddens me. I had no idea about the dvs (proper) bankruptcy thing, I just knew about the obscura shoes not happening. I hope this sale works out for the best for everyone.

if anyone cares about dvs' involvement in wake, I'm re-posting something I wrote a number of years ago. they're one of the original supporters of wakeskating (and a little bit of wakeboarding too)...I think we were really lucky to have them involved in wakeskating and I hope that can continue.

http://www.wakeskating.com/showarticle.php?a=712

Obscura
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jun 04, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVS Shoes has supported wakeskating since wakeskating was wakeskating. They have been my longest running sponsor and have given more to myself, my team, and our sport than almost any brand. DVS has represented me for almost 12 years now, and I will continue working with them and representing them until the fat lady sings. It is a bummer that our shoes will not be hitting stores, and our apologies go out to the shops who had already make pre orders, but this was an unfortunate event that was really out of their hands. That being said, DVS is looking to restructure, and come back and we at Obscura are still fully cooperating with them and standing by them through all of this. I hope the dedication and loyalty that DVS has shown this sport for well over a decade can now be reciprocated by all of us involved. Don't give up on them just yet. Things were just starting to go really well again for wakeskating at DVS and I hope this little speed bump doesn't knock to many people off the wagon.

Thank you for your concern and thanks in advance for your support.

-Aaron
88skisupreme
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: ATX

PostPosted: Jun 04, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up some DVS at Costco for $19
POPTART
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Jun 04, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if they closed. For anyone who isnt esnow and started hoarding them long ago this would suck. forced to buy some other brand..
texasT
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: HOUSTONNN

PostPosted: Jun 04, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POPTART wrote:
Damn. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if they closed. For anyone who isnt esnow and started hoarding them long ago this would suck. forced to buy some other brand..

Lololol

scott a
"a" is for angel

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POPTART wrote:
For anyone who isnt esnow and started hoarding them long ago this would suck. forced to buy some other brand..
Nope. Time to go stock up on some DVS from the local skate shops. My Kenyans are in serious need of replacement, anyways.
ZackFL(BRE)
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Tampa

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say what....? They just had a team trip through FL. Confused

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into a building.
Jake S
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SLC

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like DVS is back up and running adding Daewon to the team first. Hopefully they continue their relationship with Obscura! Here's the TW article.

http://business.transworld.net/107449/news/dvs-shoe-company-signs-daewon-song/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: