FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The future of wakeskating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asterisk1
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: May 12, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: The future of wakeskating Reply with quote

I saw a post a few days ago regarding if wakeskating is on the decline and these questions/thoughts came to my mind:

what do you all think keeps wakeskating from growing at a faster rate?

where would you like to see wakeskating be in 10 years? would you like it to be something you would see on tv/the x games? more of an internet presence? a smaller but very dedicated following vs a larger following like skateboarding or snowboarding?

what are some of the possibilities for growth that you see or would like to see used?

personally I think that some developing countries may have an untapped potential for growth now that winches/cables are becoming more commonplace. to me a great part of wakeskating's beauty lies in its accessibility and I'd like to think that there may be significant interest depending on the country.
Jake S
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SLC

PostPosted: May 12, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the accessibility is the main thing stopping it from growing, and I think kids in developing countries would rather have a bike or a skateboard they can ride around their streets than a piece of wood they can only ride at a park that charges money to ride.

I don't think wakeskating is for everyone, but I'm ok with that.
11RANDOMNESS
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Winter Haven

PostPosted: May 12, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its probably the money. It just takes allot to get into wakeskating I mean boards are like 300$ Then you have to buy a jet ski or winch or pay to go to a cable.

When I first saw wakeskating it was a solid year of wanting to try it before I ever got the chance just because I didn't have friends with a boat and had to wait to buy my own jetski and board. Whereas in skateboarding for example you can just buy a board and your ready to rip.

-Kyle
WERDna
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 12, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11RANDOMNESS, you waited a year? Why didn't you just buy a two-hour cable pass to just try it? Rather than taking the leap and buying a jetski a year later to try it out.
11RANDOMNESS
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Winter Haven

PostPosted: May 12, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WERDna, Honestly I don't know, nor do I think I even knew what a cable park was haha.

-Kyle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: