FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Knee Injury

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jxpxsx
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Fort Worth

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Knee Injury Reply with quote

I did a one-foot-on and one-foot-off shuv September 30 that caused me to dislocate my knee. I ruptured my MCL, tore my ACL and PCL, and did some cartilage damage while I was at it. The diagnosis has already been a long process. The surgery isn't for another few weeks, because there was so much swelling and I still can't straighten my leg fully. I am going to have an allograft (donor tissue) on both my ACL and PCL and there is going to be some other clean up.

It looks like my off season is going to be longer than I expected this year. Do others that have had knee injuries have any suggestions or encouragement?
Cary K.
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: North Carolina

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had both of mine done, patella tendon graft. Best advice I can give is to give 110% during rehab, every time. Don't skip it, don't half-ass it. Work hard and it will be worth it in the long run.
Jet Pilot
mank the tank
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Baton Rouge

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dislocated mine twice, same knee. I did a hamstring replacement surgery for my ACL. I would reccomend that because you never know what you are going to get with a cadavir.

Using your own hamstrings kinda gives you an idea of how strong they are and how they were used your whole life. Im sure if you wakeskate a lot you were an active person growing up so they should be pretty strong.

Also, do as many days a week of therapy that you can afford. 3 days a week is pretty legit. Also, push it as hard as you can and do not slack off.

It's been almost a year since my surgery in 2010, and I got back on the water in April. I am riding better than I was before landing new tricks almost every week. Good Luck man!
jxpxsx
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Fort Worth

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are repairing multiple ligaments in one leg. The Dr. made it sound like he would have to get the tendons from the patella of each leg. He would rather that I have one good leg/knee let over.

I was pretty active at the time that I got hurt. I was wakeskating almost daily and I was training for a marathon. The problem is--I messed my knee up good.

Thanks for the rehab tips. I will take it very seriously. I want to be back on the water when the time is right and my knee is ready.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: