FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Board suggestions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chedda
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: B-town

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Board suggestions? Reply with quote

Just got into wakeskating and I love it.. I tried wakeboarding but it's really not my thing, something about being strapped onto a board makes me nervous. I rode a friend's wakeskate, and now i'm looking to buy my first one. I've been looking around, and I think I like remotes, but I'm not sure I wanna spend 250 on my first board.. So should I buy a cheaper one to learn on, and then get the remote/whatever other better board later? or go on and spend the extra cash and buy a higher end board to start with?
mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: mob town

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're going to stay in the sport for at least a couple years(hopefully you're a lifer) go ahead and get a remote. flat decks cost over a bill and you'll want a new one sooner than later.
Raven
3 Shuv Reed Texas Gap

City: OC

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojo wrote:
if you're going to stay in the sport for at least a couple years(hopefully you're a lifer) go ahead and get a remote. flat decks cost over a bill and you'll want a new one sooner than later.

Arrow

welcome to wakeskating......a lil chedda make it bedda Afro

glad to hear about the stoke...........

living in the land of the free........nothing quite spells out freedom like wakeskating Cool

TKWakeskator
Ollie
Ollie

City: Kalamazoo

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(hopefully you're a lifer) ya dude go with Remote, New, Integrity, or Oak:) Cool
Toxis
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Kansas City

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting out with an "advanced" board is not a bad thing. While I bought a cheap board first, it was sold in a month and a half to get a better board. And i still haven't stuck with a board for very long yet but the Oak is by far one of the best boards i've tried. Wasn't impressed with integrity (put down the pitch forks people). The best thing to do is just buy what is a decent board and be ready to upgrade after you get to try some other boards to see what you like.

Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.
OverEasy
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Richardson

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sattelyte boards we have in our group are awesome, and they are holding up extremely well. The thing is, I don't know if they are available for purchase right now (same thing with Oak).
mergeleft3
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say go with an Integrity. For years I questioned the hype on this site about there boards so this year I broke down a got one so I could see what it was all about. After riding it twice I will never ride anything else. I have never ridden an Oak or a Remote so I guess I really can't speak for them but as for the major board companies decks. Don't waste your time.
chedda
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: B-town

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think integrities are too expensive for me at this moment.. 400+ is a little steep, maybe if i can find a used one or something. At this point i'm thinking I want either the remote or another good wood deck, because I inland skim a little bit and the wood decks are really similar to inland skims, so it would be something that i'm pretty familiar with.

I'm probably gonna check around the classifieds forum and on craigslist to see if I maybe can get a good one fo tha cheap

mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: mob town

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if only integ still made the dada, it would be great for you
scottyb
new rank under construction

City: Jupiter

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my integ is perfect for you. buy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: