FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

I want to hear some real opinions...
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: I want to hear some real opinions... Reply with quote

Got a potentially controversial opinion about something in wakeskating that you believe in and want to get off your chest?

[cheesy] Well now you can! [/cheesy]

Riding styles, graphics, fins, video parts, magazines, progression, blogs, tricks, ads, kooks, contests, photographers, bi-levels, industry awards, TV shows, companies, mag shots, VHS tapes, forums, gaps, articles, dimensional lumber...etc. If it's something you think about, but usually hold back because you don't want to start anything, I want to hear it. I'm inside and bored because it's raining outside and it's cold and there's no one on this ship to talk about wakeskating with Evil or Very Mad It would be nice to have some real meaty discussion going again... Ws.com used to feel revolutionary.

Sidenote: I hope it gets fiery, but let's keep to the issue and not get too personal...

`

Last edited by nick on Mar 12, 2010 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hayden R
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wanna mag of all wakeskating that i could subscribe too... one day Smile

Yea im stuck inside too Sad

JB_CANSKATE
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Markham, Ontario

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First things first, Nick your on a house boat and you've got internet access? Cool
TommyC
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: New Smyrna Beach

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorts are stupid. Stop wakeskating in them people.
deepcove
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Vancouver

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get tired of hearing wakeskating compared to skateboarding and skate style. This is not skate boarding.

I would like wakeskating to be what it should be.....wakeskating. I know there are a lot of influences from skateboarding.....as there also is from wakeboarding. Leave the skateboarding references out of it and let this sport be its own.

EJazzle
faceplant

City: Tequesta/orlando

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why did nugs take so long to come back into wakeskating after leaving with Thiomas Horrell?

There are wayyyy less people at Toe jams. I think something should be changed to get more people at these contests.

I think that the line between Pro and Am should be clearly divided with having a pro model and not having a pro model.

Why did it take so long for 4 inch PVC pipe rails to come back into wakeskating?

I feel like wakeskating is getting smaller but becoming more commercialized.

I also think a lot of wakeskaters should sack up and tell people what they really think and people who are on the other end of opinion to take it like a man and grow from it. Instead of having little hissy fits.

And I wish wakeskating would be heading in a more surprising direction and not just following skateboarding.

Classy
Classified

City: Kooksville

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvsfour20, We have a thread designed to front our opinions on various things in wakeskating, and you decide to pick on peoples personal style? that is c0re!!!!! and BTW, there is a difference ins jorts, and cut off pants. But then again, you're calling out other wakeskaters clothing choice...I cant expect much
Classy
Classified

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJazzle, so If I make myself a board and make some promodel graphics, and sell my boards, and I make the money off of it, then I'm a pro? The line between pro and am is clear. If you make a living off the sport, then you are a pro, if you do not, you are not a pro. Simple, clean cut, and has not variants like your promodel board graphic hoopla...

Also, just because PVC rails werent in mags, or videos, doesnt mean people dont shred them...PVC has never left us, You cant let you own lack of experiences make you think that something has left us...Same with the "nugs" comment. People have been golfballing and pingponging since as long as I can remember. It's recently that companies arent getting into it...

MY issue...Why are companies making HUGE "nugs" and thinking it's ok. Why is intergity the only company to think..."hmm, those are cool, but they suck when you are trying to ride, maybe we should make them more riding friendly as well"

Raven
3 Shuv Reed Texas Gap

City: OC

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think rails nowadays are way too frekin wide......we went from pvc 2 pipes, to 1' wide wood, to 2' and up......i miss seeing a nice front board t'd up perpendicular to a nice skinny rail........with lotsa hangover. i miss that.
TommyC
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classy, I just think that its funny. Didnt mean to attack the style that is wakeskating.

What happened to Volume?

Last edited by TommyC on Mar 12, 2010 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Classy
Classified

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add onto that note(and yes I just blew this page up) Why do alot of board companies(wakeboard companies who make skates) think that we are going to buy their over priced, low quality boards, when we have companies like Integrity, Arson, Oak, New(maybe),Woodworks etc...(not era) to buy from. and more importantly, WHY ARE PEOPLE BUYING THOSE BOARDS. We have Companies, and more importantly, the people behind the companies busting their @$$es, knuckles and bank accounts to come up with some awesomely shaped, long lasting boards, because they love the sport. Not because they view is as another watersport they can make money off of since people already buy their rocket ship wakeboards...
Classy
Classified

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvsfour20, that isnt "the style that is wakeskating" It is certain people's PERSONAL style...Thats like telling someone to stop doing a front big the way they do it. You dont have to like it, but that isnt a valid complaint...But then again, who am I to tell you not to complain about that, maybe you go to a high end fashion institute...who knows?
TommyC
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classy, Embarassed
Classy
Classified

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvsfour20, BUSTED! (sick ski btw, looks nice)
EJazzle
faceplant

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classy wrote:
EJazzle, so If I make myself a board and make some promodel graphics, and sell my boards, and I make the money off of it, then I'm a pro? The line between pro and am is clear. If you make a living off the sport, then you are a pro, if you do not, you are not a pro. Simple, clean cut, and has not variants like your promodel board graphic hoopla...

Also, just because PVC rails werent in mags, or videos, doesnt mean people dont shred them...PVC has never left us, You cant let you own lack of experiences make you think that something has left us...Same with the "nugs" comment. People have been golfballing and pingponging since as long as I can remember. It's recently that companies arent getting into it...

MY issue...Why are companies making HUGE "nugs" and thinking it's ok. Why is intergity the only company to think..."hmm, those are cool, but they suck when you are trying to ride, maybe we should make them more riding friendly as well"

those first couple lines were a sad excuse for an argument.
so classy, there are like 5 pro's? I don't think too many people can make a living of riding. you could probably count them on one hand. Can you name the "pro's" who live off solely wakeskating? I doubt it. could you name people with pro models, yes...

PVC rails USED to be in mags and they USED to be in videos and for the longest time they weren't.

Name the next video after sfumato where nugs were used, for some reason that byerly lock fin never caught on,

I agree with raven

BB
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classy, People buy those boards b\c they are readily available. They are in shops, you can demo them, they are right in front of you when looking for a wakeskate. Opposed to wondering what a certain skate rides/really looks like in person and having to order it over the internet. I know some of those boards you mentioned ARE in shops but really, not many. I personally like Oak and Integrity...FYI
Classy
Classified

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJazzle, The number of people that are pro's shouldnt determine how we base who is pro or not. If you are a PROFESSIONAL at it, you should be able to make a living off of it. And as far as the other stuff goes. You're basing everything on what you see in videos and mags? If that is the case, there are some tricks that people have stopped doing...sad day.

And how is that a sad excuse. You say if people have a promodel they are pro. Generally when you have a promodel board, you make money off each sell. So I make boards, call them my pro model, and I ake the profit...I am a pro...

BB, I realize this, I used to be a shop manager. I understand that how business works. But if you care about wakeskating, then maybe you should think about who you are giving your money to(that is not directed at you, but "you" being a wakeskater in general) The shop I managed carried LF,Hype and CWB...and I spent my money on an integ at full price, when I could have ridden any of those brands for free...

EJazzle
faceplant

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classy, if you dont think the line between pro and am is blurry name the people who for a fact make their entire living off wakeskating. Name 5

I personally don't think that money should be the issue. Your level of riding should be what matters.

Hayden R
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classy, EJazzle i am inbetween both of you. level of riding definatly should have alot to do with what you call yourself, but if you say, "im a professional wakeskater and i work a part time job at mcdonalds" that just sounds bad.
Classy
Classified

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJazzle, At no point did I say the line was clear or blurry, so you do not know my stance on that.

I dont care who is "pro" and who is not

AND, you say that your level of riding should matter, but you also have to have a promodel. So you dont think Blake Steel should be pro?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 1 of 40

Add To Favorites

Jump to: