FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

E.R.A. wakeskates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyclone268
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: sarasota

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAT, forreal...what are those big companies doing for the industry apart from plastering every boat related magazine full of their adds. Hyperlite is one of, if not the most well known company when it comes to wake sports. they are a million dollar company who throw so many low quality decks off their foreign production lines every year and into the hands of people who think they are getting a good product...where hyperlite doesnt give a flying fvck about how many warranty claims they have to fill, they are making money and thats all that matters to them. same for the other big companies too, but i have respect for LF because they have some pretty legit boards..
mojo
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: mob town

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, LF makes most their boards in dubai at least last time i read anything about it. as far as hyperlite goes, regardless of what they are now, they were one of the most influential companies in wakeboarding and wakeskating w/ danny harf, parks, murray, byerly, george d, brian grubb(has done alot for skating), i think they used to sponsor ryan lemons for a brief time a while ago.
cheapskate
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Baytown

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David_Roehm, damn straight. I don't want a scene (wakeskating), sport. that is bullyied around by others. Freedom of speech? I guess you cant like something if you have a "hitler" in the family. We all need to remember what wakeskating is about.

This Sucks Evil or Very Mad

cheapskate
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry I did a product review on a wakeskate that I like. It is a sad day when you can't speak the truth about a wakeskate.
TTUFAN24
Something Clever

City: HOUSTON

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm from texas
frankycouplepuphs
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Decatur

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas....*pronounced slow....and country*

I don't know any texans flying there ERA flags or any that even ride an ERA other than fastgreens (no prob with you riding one fastgreens).

TTUFAN.....are you and Esnow on a "break" because of your TX ties?

I know that you've already explained yourself esnow.....but it looks like Texas has taken offense Laughing

cheapskate
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankycouplepuphs, Texas FTW Smash

Texans are known for speaking our mind. I reside in the Fla, but I will always be a Texan Birthday

electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheapskate wrote:
David_Roehm, damn straight. I don't want a scene (wakeskating), sport. that is bullyied around by others. Freedom of speech? I guess you cant like something if you have a "hitler" in the family. We all need to remember what wakeskating is about.

This Sucks Evil or Very Mad

Cheapskate, explain what you mean when you say you can't like something if you have a "hitler" in the family? I think your wording is interesting.

I think you are misunderstanding things. I went back through this thread and not once did I see someone say that you can't speak your mind or speak the truth about a wakeskate. However, 99.9% of the people on this thread disagree with the company and they don't respect the graphic concept behind that wakeskate. Therefore, they don't support you and your review. And those people, in their right mind, would not only NOT buy that wakeskate, but they would not review it, either. You say you have three era wakeskates-- are they all the "e-beach" model? What made you decided to review this wakeskate out of all three of the eras you own? I think dbanana hit it right on the head--you and fastgreens come off as super bitter against erich. So anyway, your truth is that you love your era, everyone else's "truth" is that they don't want one and don't support that company.

Second, you say "We need to remember what wakeskating is about." Again, this is going to be personal and not everyone is going to subscribe to your vision, or the same vision at all. Again, you dig era, cool, that's your thing. From what I gather, most people on this thread are keeping their eyes open and they're paying attention to who they're giving their money to and who they're supporting. Perhaps they don't agree with Era's vision and tactics within wakeskating (I think that's been voiced in this thread). That's their thing, and to them, they are protecting their own vision for what wakeskating is about by supporting the companies that basically support their vision of wakeskating. Not everyone is going to agree with you, or HAS to agree with you. And obviously you don't have to agree with them. Just ride your wakeskate for the right reasons, and not becuase you're pissed off at someone and you turn that act into a revenge maneuver.

It's just interesting that you glorify your actions (i.e. "speaking your mind") when it seems like you can't handle that other people are speaking their mind and it's in direct opposition to your opinion.

Frankycouplepuphs, ttufan will always be internet boyfriend #80, regardless of his texas roots. Laughing Wink

cheapskate
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, I never thought I would say this. You are close minded. I don't understand how Erich can piss on someone and have everyone back them(integrity). Have you ridden an E.R.A? I would love to see a review from you. (besides a cassette) Maybe that will give you something to do this week-end.
cheapskate
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, you have now officially made me wish I was not a member of ws.com Crying or Very sad
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me specifically what's closed minded about my post. That I don't agree with yours?

And you never actually told me why, out of three era wakeskates, you decided to review the wakeskate you did.

I will say this: originally I wasn't a fan of erich's tone in that era thread, but that's his perogative. And I can see where he came from because the rhetoric was kind of funny. I'm also not a fan of that era graphic, among other things. In the end, I respect the hell out of erich because he works his ass off for what he's a part of. If you only knew the half of it...

Finally, I don't regret saying anything I did, and I honestly had no idea that "speaking my mind" could have such a profound effect on you.

cheapskate
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, Sometimes you can't do what you want. be it the E-beach or any of E.R.A's skates.....they are better than the MANY skates I have skated. I like E.R.A, so why do you have to be so bitchy about that?

As for you being closed minded,,, you tend to have your own opinion like everyone else. I respect that, just don't let that set the standard for wakeskating. Give everyone a chance.

electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is turning into a discussion between the two of us, so after this I'm done and if you want, continue it to the PMs. Again, like your era wakeskate, whatever. I asked why you SPECIFICALLY reviewed a wakeskate with an insulting graphic (out of three eras you own), and you cannot give me a straight answer. Unless your answer is that you HAD to review an ebitch? Nice.

And sorry if I would prefer to have a company prove themselves in wakeskating and show that they're legitimately down before I truly support it. THAT is my perogative, and I have a history for doing that (agree or disagree, i don't really care).

cheapskate
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, I would review the E-beach again right now, tomorrow, next week. why do you hate that? then I would review the other E.R.A's I have. and after all of that; I would say FVCK YOU
skimboarder
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Knoxville/Morristown

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never got to read the article, but did you happen to have the shinbreaker rails? i'm just curious if they actually did make a difference..
cheapskate
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skimboarder, you might want to leave the room right now. E-snow and I are having a friendly argument Wink
skimboarder
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Knoxville/Morristown

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just read most of this thread

heading out the door as we speak Laughing
brassmonkey
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: sarasota

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Era Wakeskates, Not hating dewd, but if you can puke out decks as a joke in bad taste then why should anyone believe that there was any thought put into your decks?
A back door into a life divine.
cheapskate
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skimboarder, lover; I.e; wakeskating.
Evan71
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Santa Barbara

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brassmonkey, when you see the board it doesnt look to you at all like he knows what hes doing? because when i see it it looks like a well crafted skate
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Add To Favorites

Jump to: