FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The latest update on Cassette's website...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
...andoutcomethewolves
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Suburbia Arizona

PostPosted: Oct 07, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I like Mutiny's whole creed. F@#$ Everyone... Now if only I could buy their boards somewhere.
BillJ
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Oct 07, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh, would it be cool if it was Hyperlite dissing the competition? Insulting young kids that beat the Hyperlite team riders?
SCBrips
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Darcy's Parents' Hot Tub

PostPosted: Oct 07, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...andoutcomethewolves wrote:
This is why I like Mutiny's whole creed. F@#$ Everyone... Now if only I could buy their boards somewhere.

Hmm. I'd say that when it comes down to it, when you really break down what Mutiny is all about, breaking it down to the very basics; you'll find that the we're about two things: Having fun and making the best products.

As far as finding a place to buy Mutiny; within the next year we'll be popping up at more and more shops and it looks like Boarder's Paradise is going to carry us.
...andoutcomethewolves
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Suburbia Arizona

PostPosted: Oct 07, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats what I meant. F@#$ the drama. Just get out there and have fun.
Joey White
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Oct 07, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah bill j who beat up josj in the parking lot
greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Oct 07, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...andoutcomethewolves wrote:
F@#$ the drama. Just get out there and have fun.

thats how i have always felt about this sport.

electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't hyperlite dissing the competition? Just because thomas is a professional it's ok for him to be shizzle talked? As for chase,that's a dicey subject....kinda funny but probably shouldn't have been posted, but it's not my site, now is it....

Also, what's the difference between cassette posting something FACTUAL about grubb on their site, and everyone else on here talking shizzle about cassette (you know, calling them jerks, etc)? Now THAT is class....

When did Chase beat most of the cassette guys? No offense, but did I miss that contest or something?

I would like to add that I do like it when they (cassette) post the truth because not a lot of that stuff comes out and people don't cop to it...

ANALOG 5

Extremewave
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And something that is really funny is that you can't say a bad word here about casette Rolling Eyes
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody said that, but some people are being hypocrites....
Extremewave
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No i don't mean that. There where some posts here earlier that have vanished in thin air Laughing
BillJ
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Detroit, Chase beat Aaron Reed (meaning he placed higher than Aaron in the heat). In Irvine he beat Jim Leatherman in qualifying and scored the 2nd highest points of the day, and then beat Drew in the finals.

So he's finished higher than 3 of the 6 Cassette riders in a pro event. He hasn't beaten Thomas or Danny Hampson (only competed against Danny in Detroit). So yeah, I guess you must have missed those 3 comps or maybe you just weren't paying attention.

Myles showed some real class when he dumped a beer on Chase's head this weekend.
DockSecret
Ollie
Ollie

City: Austin

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Maybe they are just threatened by him since he's managed to beat most of them in comps.

Definition of MOST is more than half, not 3 out of 6.... Plus, you made it sound like he consistently beats them in competitions, which I highly doubt. He may out do then one at a time, on one occasion, but that's about it.

"You better watch who you are calling a child Lois. 'Cause if I'm a child, then you know what that makes you? A pedophile, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna stand here and be lectured by a pervert." - Peter Griffin
Josh
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Melbourne, OZ

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard consistancy is fun...

Quote:

Josh, would it be cool if it was Hyperlite dissing the competition?

Sure, add a little fun in the industry. Why not. But of course that would never happen. The diss would have to go through their marketing department before they ever sent it out via press release anyway...

Quote:

Maybe they are just threatened by him since he's managed to beat most of them in comps.

Or maybe they don't like how he rides a wakeskate, maybe they don't like his attitude, maybe they took it a little to far, maybe the stars were out of alignment that day. Or maybe they don't like people who blindly follow a company who has no vision. Who knows, I could throw out theorys all day.

Maybe someone should voice the true story. Either way, I like that Cassette aren't affraid to bring the BS out into the open...

Integrity
SideSwipe Productions
Wake Euphoria
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

No I don't mean that. There where some posts here earlier that have vanished in thin air

Sorry, but that is not the case. If a post was deleted, it was because the author of the post broke the rules. I wouldn't delete a post simply because someone was voicing their opinion about a particular company unless they did it in a way that was unacceptable. And I honestly don't even remember having to delete any posts from this thread.

I am shocked that you accused me of this.
sapporo
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worse things have been said on this website and the posts haven't been deleted. One of the things i enjoy about wakeskating.com is that it has never given into the politics of the industry. And even if the industry wont admit it, i know for a fact they read and post in this board all the time. So congrats to Dave and Wakeskating.com for showing some balls. Cassette and Horrell have always shown the size of their cojones as well. Since the early days when most fools were acting like cattle, they challenged everybody with the Decline of the waterski monopoly. Expand your horizons and purchase this classic masterpiece when you can. Still the most authority defying video of all time. I suggest that all you fools that are so against freedom of speech and concerned about class, put your bindings on and go to that world wake site. Its real fun there and politically correct, check it out... you can talk about wakeskating with a bunch of wakeboarders.

Regarding the Grubb issue, it is so ridiculous how most people have never questioned the political influence of hyperlite on the pro tour and the contest results. When the wakeskating tour was announced i was originaly very excited, but after going to four of the contests and seeing for myself that no matter how well other people rode Grubb was always going to win, i was pretty disgusted. Im not saying that he totally sucks, but by no means he is the best wakeskater in the world. And as much as i applaud these 484 riders for showing up at the contests, if you are going to display yourself in public you have to be ready to take the critics. Especially when you are doing lame tricks. Its like a clown complaining that people are laughing at him.

arigatou,
Sapporo
skatingguy
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Birmingham

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, c'mon guys, seriously, there's too few wakeskaters in the world right now for people to be getting into all this political bullcrap. This is making a couple of jokes on some website into something that was way bigger than it was intended to be. Damn, I mean, for all we know, whoever wrote those news updates might actually be FRIENDS with Grubb and just happen to be making a friendly, non-serious crack at his buddy. Who knows?? Has anyone even considered this possibility? And as for the post about Chase, it did seem a little immature, but not something to get all that worked up over.
Joey White
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapparo what contest's did you go it seemed like grubb really did win all the compotitions i went too. and waht are you talking about they were set up Thomas won the first comp. in florida, and when hampson did better than grubb in detriot he won so where did you come up with these contest's were all set up.
SCBrips
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Darcy's Parents' Hot Tub

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapporo wrote:
...Cassette and Horrell have always shown the size of their cojones as well. Since the early days when most fools were acting like cattle, they challenged everybody with the Decline of the waterski monopoly...

You mean Mutiny?

As far as contests go; they suck. The WWA is the only true governing body of wakeboarding but they still suck ass. They can't judge worth crap. Years back, there were two consecutive years that Brannan Johnson should have won worlds. He placed second both times. I don't give a sh*t about contests or BJ, but if you're going to run a contest run it right.

There was also plenty of bullsh*t that went on at the "wakeskate" tour this year. Aaron Reed should have won in Dallas, not Grubb. But at the same time, Grubb should have won the first stop, not Horrell.

Who gives a sh*t; contests suck.

Last edited by SCBrips on Oct 08, 2003 2:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
stussy
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who cares what he said she said, go out and ride
BillJ
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently all this controversy has gotten back to Cassette and they removed it from their site and replaced it with this:

10.08.03 ---DISCLAIMER TO THE NEWS UPDATES, "READ THIS UPDATE WITH A LIGHT HEART AND QUIT BEING SO EMOTIONAL ABOUT EVERY SPOKEN WORD. NOT EVERYTHING IN LIFE HAS TO BE SO DAMN SERIOUS. THIS IS OUR LOOK INTO EVERYTHING FROM THE INDUSTRY TO OUR PERSONAL LIVES. TAKE IT AS YOU MAY...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Add To Favorites

Jump to: