FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

knee injurys?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wakebadass
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: McHenry

PostPosted: Jul 16, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: knee injurys? Reply with quote

i went wakeskating today and i tryed a body varial, i landed with what is normaly my front foot but sence i spined it was in the back and it landed off the skate. i felt a pop in my knee and it hurt like hell and i moved it and it poped back. sence i didnet wanna get back on the PWC i rode the skate home and finshed my run then, and it hurt to walk on, but now it it gettin much worse. almost umbearable when i make some movements. mostly turning my leg. has anyone done this, did i tear sometihng, please help me out, cuz it hurts liek hell and i wanna know if it should be looked at now or wait it out? thanks kevin
JankyZep
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jul 16, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya if it is still hurting you might wanna go see a doctor.
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jul 16, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should go see a doctor.

I did the same thing last season and was diagnosed with a sprang MCL. I had to lay off of wakeskating/activities for about a month and a half. Luckily I didn't have to wear any kind of knee brace to immobilize my knee, but yours may be worse than mine was.

The most painful part was if I twisted my leg. Like if I planted my foot to turn, it would hurt like a mother.

The split is a killer in wakeskating.
livewirelp
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jul 16, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks man, sorry. Go get yourself checked out. A few years back I was running and switched directions by planting my foot. Something wacky happened and I was on the ground with a dislocated knee. Tore some cartilage and had surgery, physical therapy and the whole nine yards. Knees suck.
wakebadass
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jul 16, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for all of your advice, my dad will be home in a few hours and he wants to see it before i got to the doc, and im iceing it now so hopfully it will get better but ill keep ya posted when i know whats going on.
livewirelp
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jul 16, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not surprising that its hurting a lot more now that near after the accident. As crappy as inflammation looks, it does a great job of keeping it immobile. Once that starts to go away with icing, it hurts like a mother

Last edited by livewirelp on Jul 17, 2004 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
thirdcoast
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: @uSTIn

PostPosted: Jul 16, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had two ACL reconstructions.....and I tweeked my right one the other day....same deal......splits.....I'm done with drs and surgery so i'm just gonna wear my brace and keep chargin'
wakebadass
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jul 16, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my dad got home and said by the looks of it i hyperextended it and there isint much swelling now, so he said not to see the doc, and if i did and was told not to ride that just wouldent work for me, so im gonna try to ride again monday and see how it is. this was a great experince for the first time i rode behind a PWC. lol. but it was the best wakeskating ive done, now im lookin into a gtx 4-tec wakeboard edition.
livewirelp
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is one of those cases where what you don't know probably CAN hurt you... but whatever floats your boat. Regardless, if you feel it acting up, it's better to end the sessions for the day than risk further injury. best of luck
xboard32x
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Jul 19, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prob dont want to hear this but coulda tore your ACL if it swelled up for a day or two then back to normal might f*cked some s*it up. Go get an MRI and wish ya the best on that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: