FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Cloverfield
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Le Jalapeno

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Cloverfield Reply with quote

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
Poo

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good or no?
McLOVIN
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt like it at all

way too much motion with the style of filming, it made me nauseas... ending sucked too
brassmonkey
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: sarasota

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not want.
A back door into a life divine.
jonnyUTAH
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it last night.

Starts off slow then gets AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Le Jalapeno

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i could have been awesome... had so much potential

I liked how it tried to shadow the monster, i like how the story didn't revolve around the monster, I like how they built up the persona's of most the characters, i liked how the ending was climatic, i like how it was suspenseful, I like how it made you feel like you were living it rather than watching a movie, and i like how they experimented with camera style

I didn't like how the camera was so shaky to the extent that it made you feel nauseous, i didn't like the ending so much because of the fact that it doesn't explain to you what you want to know, which is good because that shows that the movie wasn't so much about the monster (which separates it from Godzilla which i called it since i heard about it coming out Laughing ) and i didn't like how the young girls behind me wouldn't stop whispering and giggling every time i got close to the girl i was with.

to make a long story short, unlike most movies where you enjoy watching them and you look back on them and they seem like bad movies, this movie was unsatisfying to watch, but when i look back on it it was a subtly great movie.

Verdict is - Pop a couple motion sickness pills and go see it Twisted Evil
McLOVIN
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Le Jalapeno, agreed Smash
Le Jalapeno

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else on here see it?

If so what are your thoughts
IceEsKate
Ollie
Ollie

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jan 20, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

made me nauseous, and the ending just kinda left me hangin
Ctipping
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Tempe/Nelson

PostPosted: Jan 20, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, copy/paste from my post on wb.com

It was a really nice change of pace from the everyday creature feature that I've become accustomed to. I liked how it didn't rely on "jump scares" the way most films do and focused more on the confusion and fear of the characters as opposed to trying to scare the audience directly. The characters came off as more "real" than most, and their interactions were very human.
I felt that the handheld/home-video style camerawork added realism to any suspenseful elements, as most of the time the audience is only exposed to the audio and shaky visuals.
The lack of special effects was also welcome, as a lot of today's films rely too heavily on visuals as opposed to a well written screenplay (see: Transformers).
When we left the theater, a lot of people were bitching about how the monster's origin was never explained or how the outcome of the situation was unclear. The film focused on the few characters it followed. It was not a large-scale "Godzilla" feature documenting how the monster was taken down.
It's interesting to see a movie that doesn't follow the normal form and still keep me entertained.
Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

City: Menlo Park/ Bay Area

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen it last nite. Loved it.
savagegarrick
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: LEX PARK

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.k. so tell me since I don't think I'd even rent it. The way the movie was shot is enough to alone merit for me not wanting to see it. I hate that low-budget shaky cell phone/hand held crap. Ruin it for me please. Monster's origin never explained? Yeah that really sucks, could have made for a decent size chunk of the movie. Did you ever get to see the monster? what is it? can you tell? does it get killed?

I read something somewhere that a potentyial sequel would be filmed differently along a differnt line. Could that help the movie?

MrMarbles
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Winter Haven

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster's origin is explained in about the last 5 seconds of the movie, most people didn't see it though. Its when the tape cuts back to the original video on the tape (that's all I'm saying, PM for spoilers).

Also, I heard there was something after the credits in regards to setting up a sequel but we didn't stick around for it.

I thought the movie was fantastic. There's not much else to be said that hasn't been said previously. Although, I hate when professional cameramen try to act like normal people and think that someone can't hold a camera still for a few seconds at least. There's way too much movement and "herky jerky-ness". If most of us on this site can get a steady chase shot or from the boat shot, is it really unreasonable to think that a guy can't hold a somewhat steady shot?

Dead

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrMarbles, i know i cant film steady worth shizzle when im running though.
jonnyUTAH
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If most of us on this site can get a steady chase shot or from the boat shot, is it really unreasonable to think that a guy can't hold a somewhat steady shot?

HAHAHAHAHAH......

Also...knowing J.J.Abrams, the entire plot and history of Cloverfield is scattered within hints across the Interweb

Le Jalapeno

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyUTAH, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAGDE0e9Msk like so? Arrow Arrow

are they gay or british?
jonnyUTAH
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
are they gay or british?

HAHAHAH....I was in a band with a Samoan, Brit, and Canadian from the Caribean. The Brit, I swear, was Gay!! But he was not because he managed to "snog" plenty of chicks after Gigs.

In America, we call such guys "Metro." I like to call a Brit-Metro a "Dandy."

Those chaps are just very "Dandy," but they could also be gay. It's wierd as hell. Go to London-town sometime, and I am sure that you will see many a Dandy. It may be off putting....but you get used to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield

The Wikipedia entry for Cloverfield has plenty of gems.

Parker
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Norman

PostPosted: Jan 21, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was both good and bad i wanted to know more about the monster but i greatly apreciated the uniqueness of not following some military general trying to kill it, at the end of the credits a static voice said It's still alive, the movie could have been better and longer but i still enjoyed it, the monster was pretty BA in my opinion
price.dan
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Regina

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIGGEST LET DOWN OF 2008 SO FAR, at least in my opinion. I didn't realize that the whole movie was filmed by someone that has down syndrome holding a video camera, any one on here could have made a better movie. Half the time you can't really see much because the camera shaking, and even when you do it's for a split second. And then there's the ending...

What is with sh*tty endings in movies lately? When i saw AVP R i thought that was a bad ending but that is miles ahead of this. How can you make a movie and it just ends with so many answers left untold????

I find it sooo ghay when movies just end like this so they can make a sequel to this already horrible movie.... Next time don't give the camera to someone that has down syndrome and we (as an audience) can see and understand what the f*ck is going on.

What is with movies showing all the good shots in the previews anyways?

If you have not seen this movie, don't it's a waste of time and we can save you some money and tell you what happens

MrMarbles
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Winter Haven

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

price.dan wrote:
How can you make a movie and it just ends with so many answers left untold????

One Name:
J.J. Abrams

How can you be surprised there were "unanswered questions"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: