FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Shawkboarding
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edrex
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: NorCal

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stompin9s, I got the 41.
TWG
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edrex, no i wouldnt consider myself hardcore by no means. im just a wakeskater and thats it. if you wanna be attached to a board they have that sport already it called wakeboarding.Sad

Mr. Top Hat, tru so tru Idea
edrex
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sports can't blend together and try new things? Better call the kiteboarders and tell them to put something else on thier feet cause otherwise they're just wakeboarding.
Wakeskating roots itself in skateboarding and wakeboarding, right? So whats wrong with Shawk taking a wakeskate and giving it more of a wakeboard feel? Less restrictive bindings and a smaller, looser board is a good cross between the two.
Will it ever be a pro sport? Doubtful.
Was it fun? Yeah.
Were they cool enough to give a grands worth of free gear out, including new skates that can be used with or without the system, to members here with the only request being to say what you thought about it? Yep.
Let them have thier thread.

stompin9s
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Vail - CO

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell ya...i can go out there and throw down toe-side back rolls and then if i dont like it just regrip my free armada.

SHAWK FTW!!

scottyb
new rank under construction

City: Jupiter

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edrex, kite boarders use many different kinds of boards while riding, there is also no wake so your logic fails just as horribly as the product you defend. as soon as you put those velcro shoes on your board you are wakeboarding, not wakeskating, and sure as hell not shawkboarding(there really is no such thing). it is not wakeskating with more of a wakeboard feel, it is wakeboarding with a subpar binding system.

as i said before, let them have their thread, just dont pollute the general wakeskating topics with that garbage.

- <3 Mr. top hat
edrex
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from Wikipedia:
Quote:
Kitesurfing, also known as kite surfing, fly surfing, and kiteboarding, involves using a power kite to pull the rider through the water on a small surfboard, a wakeboard, or a kiteboard.

Lots of boards, apperently some of which are wakeboards even though there is no wake. Rolling Eyes

As far as polluting General Wakeskating... there are two topics about it. This one for discussion, and one for some got who was confused because they sent him free shizzle. Is that really a big deal to you guys?

scottyb

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edrex, im glad we both came to the conclusion that kiteboarding is not wakeboarding, although i'm kind of dissapointed you actually had to look it up on wikipedia just to be sure. i never said kiters dont use wakeboards, just that kiteboarding is not wakeboarding because they use wakeboards.....afterall, that was your orginal claim.

- Mr. Top Hat
edrex
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottyB, go one post further back.
twgapk wrote:
if you wanna be attached to a board they have that sport already it called wakeboarding.

edrex wrote:
So sports can't blend together and try new things? Better call the kiteboarders and tell them to put something else on thier feet cause otherwise they're just wakeboarding.

In context I wasn't claiming that kiteboarders are wakeboarders because they use a wakeboard. I was saying that calling the shawk stuff wakeboarding would be like generalizing kiteboarders as wakeboarders.

liquidstunts
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Top Hat wrote:
shawkers, please do not post your unbiased reviews in the general wakeskating section. it is not wakeskating and does not belong here, thank you.

hahaha agreed. i'll post mine in other board sports... just added to gnarly dancers current post.

but relax bro. i'm a wakeskater, thru and thru. no shawkboarding here, i'll demo it, and pass it on to someone else... or just keep the new armada Wink
scottyb

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edrex wrote:
I was saying that calling the shawk stuff wakeboarding would be like generalizing kiteboarders as wakeboarders.

no its not. shawkboards = wakeboards. they are boards made to be ridden behind a watercraft with some form of attatchment for your feet, that is its designed purpose.

- top hat
edrex
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you can move your feet with the shawk setup. And you can ride a wakeboard behind a winch. Now you have me all confused about the intricate details of each sport. Shocked
Mr. Top Hat
Dead

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottyB wrote:
designed purpose.

you can ride a tube behind a winch, doesn't mean its intended to do so.

Quote:
Now you have me all confused

obviously not a difficult task
mark_enns
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Minneola

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love how the posted picture was a raley....
Slapdown
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edrex = t3h pwnt.
edrex
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottyB wrote:
no its not. shawkboards = wakeboards. they are boards made to be ridden behind a watercraft with some form of attatchment for your feet, that is its designed purpose.

- top hat

A wakeskate plus bindings equals a wakeboard. So a wakeskate is just a wakeboard minus the bindings, and nothing more. Got it.

Whats with the different logins?

liquidstunts
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edrex wrote:
A wakeskate plus bindings equals a wakeboard. So a wakeskate is just a wakeboard minus the bindings, and nothing more. Got it.?

whoa whoa whoa.... come on now, don't be ignorant, they are very different, different size, different shapes, different construction material, DIFFERENT PURPOSE,

becareful, remember that we as skaters are pretty passionate about what we do... don't just say our sport is just like something else and expect not to catch some grief for saying it.
edrex
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquidstunts, don't get me wrong. I'm not insulting the sport. Just trying to follow his logic. I've never said shawkboarding=wakeskating. Just that its not wakeboarding. Its been a pretty lame debate anyway. So, for what its worth, wakeskating is the best, shawkboarding is fun to mess with, wakeboarding hurts my back, and I'm out.
Very Happy

liquidstunts
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edrex, Laughing Laughing

strapping = Bang Head gay
shawk = Neutral
wakeskating > Very Happy Smile Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Razz Embarassed Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Smash Birthday Crazy Eyes Laugh Glasses Devil Guy Girl Mr T Afro Bang Head Pacman Shocking Yikes Cussing

Last edited by liquidstunts on Jun 23, 2007 8:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Slapdown
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquidstunts, Clearly this man knows his algebra. But there is an error on the last one.

wakeskating > all.

scottyb

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was at my house.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Add To Favorites

Jump to: