FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

F/S Noseblunt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

el, hahahahaha. To me, tail press is fine--just as long as it isn't manual. you know, people complain about having to learn trick names, so I'd just keep it as it is. And in a way, doing it on the water is really just a function of style....in my opinion, it's not really a super duper trick or anything. Like, it's not anything that can really be used in combination with anything like on a skateboard...unless you're riding a gate, then maybe you could tail press into a shove...or maybe my imagination is getting the best of me. Anyway, in snowboarding, to my knowledge it really isn't called anything unless you're spinning off of your nose or tail (while riding on the snow). Then it's called a butter. But anyway, I digress and for me, nose press does the trick.
Catalyst
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Kelowna

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah just call em butters, its the closest thing thats relevant to em. i do butters on my snowboard all the time and its basically the sme thing
nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

che blanc wrote:
only rules, manual and tailpress are ineligible, and keep it relevant to the trick being done
Rolling Eyes
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, i'm not disagreeing with the whole bringing over trick names, but i know that when i'm out riding with my friends and we do something new and different to us we usually dub it with a name right then and there. like me and my friend last summer were really into all those tail presses and blunts and stuff on a wakeboardon the water. so we started calling them manuals and stuff, just cuas we didn't have a better name for it and so it stuck with it. i think ppl usually just call stuff whatever they feel it should be called and it just sticks. either way they were fun on a wakeboard and so should be super fun on a wakeskate,whatever they're called.(sorry for saying super fun, it was the only way to describe my emotions).
nick
Island Rat

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought a butter was in boardslide position
cassette

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah alex, I know what you mean. I guess another example could be those kids that do shoveits with a frontside bodyvarial and think they invented a new trick (that was an example I heard on here). Yeah, doing those tail presses are fun...it's a way to just have fun and kind of figure out what you can do with your board, whether it be a wakeboard or wakeskate. I suppose it could help out with board control too, either way it is fun.

And super fun is super dope!

Butters on a snowboard aren't really in the board slide position. As they say, you "butter the muffin" with your nose or tail...it's exhilarating! Oh, after thinking about it, maybe you got that idea from tv, like when Jussi O. likes to "butter" into a nice spin or something. Techinically, it's not a butter, it's just a revert, and some will announce it as a revert and some will announce it as a butter. IF you have the true life dvd, watch peter line's commentary, he'll set you strait!! Yeah, that peter, he's something alright....it was a fun video part, by the way...all creative and stuff. I think he's upp in the hizzant, where ever that is...seriously, he's my all time favorite snowboarder. ALL TIME!!!

Oh yeah,if you listen to nate's extra footage, he says "gnarly boots."

nick
Island Rat

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if your reasoning is true then a powerslide would be called a toepress. doesnt work
cassette

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Che blanc, after this I'm outta here. You're generalizing when it comes to your tricks--a power slide is not a toe press... a toepress doesn't exist...it's not done on any jibs or anything and again, it's part function and part style. I'm pretty sure powerslides came from skating and it was basically a way to control your speed (to slow down, basically), or I'm sure you could do them for fun--whatever. Anyway, I'm sure that's where wakeboarders got it from. Wakeboarders use it to either slow down (think 1995 pro tour when you had to cram 5 tricks in a 20-25 second pass), or to throw a big wall of spray over themselves.
nick
Island Rat

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your goin to join an argument keep with it til the end dont back out everytime just to seem like the better person which is what uve done to me every time we argue. finish this out. and what reason is there to do tricks other than because there fun. regardless of the reason for doin a trick it can and will still be done. does everybody want to come up with a name for it or not? cuz if we start making a habit of using a name we can agree on it will probly eventually spread to the rest of wakeskating or at least a portion of it.
cassette

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Che blanc, I was backing out to be nice...the argument is turning into something totally dumb. Like I said, you're generalizing certain tricks in order to keep your argument/point going, but it just isn't working. And for me, it's not worth it. Toepress???

I'm sure people will continue to argue over manual vs. tailpress, but I feel like I (along with a few others) have made very good explanations as to why they aren't technically possible. A number of magazines use that trick in their captions (tws, alliance, wbm) and that's good enough for me. And somewhere you must be misunderstanding me, because I never said certain tricks couldn't be done in the name of fun.

nick
Island Rat

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im gonna call it a manual everytime i see it or do it and everytime the subject comes up i will say ya thats a manual.
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Kelowna

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok there called presses cause your moving all your weight forward or backward to essentially press the nose or tails to the snow, rail or whatever. who cares what you call it, i wont call it anything cause essentially its not even a trick unless ur comboing ito i guess and even then you could really just say the person lost control. Arguing over this crap is stupid, put your time to something better and go build a rail or finish your homework or something just dont argue about stupid annoying crap.
nick
Island Rat

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much time did it take u read this thread and think that up and type it... u should have been building sumthing
Island Rat

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and in what sense is it not a trick? if someone intentionally does it as a trick how does that translate to they must have lost control? if u can combo in and out of it that pretty much makes it a trick renob
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: The Sea

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If somebody skateboarding leans back and scrapes their tail against the ground, do you call that a manual?...
Island Rat

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont kno i dont skateboard and honestly i dont care
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: The Sea

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should start caring if you are going to be taking trick names from skateboarding.
Island Rat

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya since i made up the term manual for wakeskates and all
Island Rat

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if i were to call it a tailpress does that mean i have to start caring about snowboarding? i wakeskate. i dont snowboard and i dont skateboard anymore (i sucked and as i sed i dont care)
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: K*Town

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how come in the pics you are riding 2 different boards(1st Liquid Force)(2nd Hyperlite)

Wat is up Rolling Eyes Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Add To Favorites

Jump to: