FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Chase Gregory Video
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyle
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: ft. lauderdale/tampa

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that wake is a little big for an inside out kickflip, try them in the flats yo
Catalyst
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Kelowna

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the hell is an ole or oles or whatever?
David Legler
linear perspective

City: Durham

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you are spinning, instead of doing a handle pass, you just but the handle above your head. so you spin w/o doing a handle pass....
alex
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, just caus myles landed the first frontside bigspin...oooolalalalla, doesn't make him an amazing rider whos pushing the sport. i don't really know him, and he sounds like a funny guy and all, but throwing a beer at someone just caus he did an ole five thing, or he rides for 484 is dumb. he sounds like a dumb drunk to me.

and come on that guy doin the ole five thing was probably just messing around, don't crap out a horse just caus he wasn't doin a shuv it or somthing stock.hell i'm going to go out and do ole 1080's when summer comes round.
Parky

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex, lmao ya most people have the same opinion as you. Birthday
kyle
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: ft. lauderdale/tampa

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the cassette guys are all about skateboard style and keeping it real, then i have one complaint. only one of them can do kickflips in the flats (hampson) every other one needs some sort of assistance whether it be re entry or inside out. it just seems a little contradictory
funnyfeni
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: casselberry

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to back you up on it kyle.. but on boardum.. thomas lands one in the flats.. but that was years ago.. maybe now i guess he does off the wake.. i want to see someone that can do all 4 of them.. flat, inside out, off the lip and w2w
Vance Collins

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see everyone just shutup and ride and not worry about stupid shizzle bizzle haha
Catalyst
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Kelowna

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah what he said Crazy Eyes
ollieshuvitz
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: east bay area

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hampson can land in the flats, w2w, and inside out. He is prob the best canidate for all four. He just needs to stick one off the lip if he hasnt already.
ihatekooks
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have to is say this kid has no steez and needs to learn how to pop his shiz.
alex
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vance i'll go riding as soon as the four feet of snow on the ground disapear, until then i'll whine and complain as much as i freakin want, you got a prob with my womenly whineyness then boo frikkidy hoo.
Vance Collins

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex i wasnt referring to you..
484rider
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: orlando

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle, i cant get em in the flats behind a boat, only i/o, but i can acasional land em at the cable but their sketchy
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, a big spin ain't too shabby on a what appears to be a 45 inch flat back in 2000. It seems obvious now but it was one of the more truly skate influenced tricks (meaning it was carried over directly from street skating). But I'm not going to argue over myles with you because I know you were whining about him a few weeks ago. By all means, question his riding to make yourself feel better. However, I will say that I respect myles a lot more than other people that are out there. From what I can tell, myles is about riding and having fun and not about impressing anyone else out there. He's not chasing down "sponsors" with little more than basic tricks and he doesn't seem to be worried about impressing people with his contest results. I respect that more than someone saying "Hey, I beat (insert big name pro here) at this contest bro! Check it, I'm dope!!" or someone using that argument to prove they're better than so-and-so.

By the way, you may want to re-read my first post. I explicitly stated that I was not condoning myles spilling beer on chase, so you don't need to try and convince me that myles was a jerk and this, that and the other thing. Quite frankly, it's not my fight because I wasn't involved and it's quite funny that people that had nothing to do with it are still worried about it six or seven months later.

Secondly, where did I even hint that chase was lame for doing an ole? In my opinion (which, by they way, I am entitled to) I don't like that trick, I don't have to like it, and I certainly don't have to pretend I like it. BUT, I never told him not to do that trick for my benefit and I never even hinted at the idea that he was a lame rider because of it, so quit looking for some sort of subtext. That first post was more about the idea that contests prove how good you are at riding, which I completely disagree with.

Lastly, what does your "womanly whineyness" comment mean?

"Aided" kickflips are so passe, pssh...and thomas had a kickflip in the flats in "fire it up" along with boardumb. How exactly is it contradictory if you don't kickflip out in the flats (just out of curiosity)? The kickflip was carried over from skating so you could say it has that "street skating cred" or whatever, but with wakeskating you have many other options ( as you alluded to)--it's all about how YOU want to adapt it. People may say stuff--lots of people have caught flack for certain tricks (with aaron reed and daniel lovett being old examples) and you either listen to what people say or you don't. Or that's the way I see it...I just don't see how there's a contradiction.

alex
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, i just wanted to say that i wasn't ever saying you said anything about an ole' i meant it to be towards the other people complaining about it. and you win that argument. not only did you make me feel bad about what i said, but you spent a whole page writing about it. you shoulda just kicked me in the balls, it would have hurt less.you win.
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, making you feel like crap wasn't my intention and I'm not out there to "win" anything--I'm just stating my opinion. However, I found your post to be misleading, which was why I touched on the issues that I did (for starters, your post began with me). Not only that, but you made that "womanly whinyness" comment and I wasn't sure if that was just an expression or a direct reference to me (you know, I got into an online spat with another poster that resorted to gender differences to try and prove some sort of point). Also, I think I may have been the only one that expressed an opinion on the ole that didn't quite mesh with everyone elses opinon, which was why I thought your second paragraph was directed towards me. Yes, I do write long winded posts but by no means was the entire thing devoted to you and it wasn't meant to get personal. For clarification purposes, the main reference to you was about the significance of the bigspin. And maybe I misunderstood your intentions, but there are other people on here that have cut down other tricks that some "pro's" have done--you know, it's all about putting someone else down to make themselves feel better.

I could disect my entire post and explain why I posted what I did but I'll spare you the time. If you need anything clarified (this is not meant to be condescending, I'm dead serious) then ask. I was not referring to you in the kickflip paragraph and I wasn't referring to you when I mentioned the kids chasing sponsorships--it's just something that I've noticed.

ollieshuvitz
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: east bay area

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the new butter book have a "Electric Snow" interview with all the posts? jw...so this doesnt get moved...if he wants 2 do an ole let him. Who is myles 2 decide what tricks he does? He doesnt even ride for the same companies.
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the book would never sell if there was...

That's basically the point--I don't think a single person on here agreed with myles' reaction. But myles is myles and I guess that's just how he operates. And as I said, you don't have to like every single trick out there but someone shouldn't have to change how they ride to make someone else happy, you know?

But I did stick up for myles because I don't believe he's all that bad (people are losing sight of that) and I find his attitude to be quite respectable--admirable, even. But now I'm being redundant...

alex
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, i had no idea you were a woman. sorry. its hard to tell gender over the internet. stuff just gets said all wrong on the internet. sometimes when ppl write stuff it sounds different then when ppl say it. nicely said on that last post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: