FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

What is wakeskating missing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canalskater
Taco Bell Fa'Lyfe

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think wakekating needs page 3 of this thread.
dirtyohioriver22
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: cincy

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2016 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^^LOLzzzz

wakeskating needs global warming because it damn cold outside

dirtyohioriver22
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy shizzle i just figured it out!!!!! finally an answer!,,, we need more hot wakeskater girls in advertisements maybe low camera angles looking up at them with some water splashes on their booty in a sexy way,,,, who is the leticia boofooni of wakeskating we need a all girl video part!! is america has confirmed one thing its sex sells, damn i wish my girlfriend wasnt so uncoordinated Neutral cant even drive
Gnarly Dancer 42
360 flip
360 flip

City: kalamazoo

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtyohioriver22, yep we need wakeskater chicks like surfing has surfer chicks

http://www.kearnsmedia.com
dirtyohioriver22
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything is on youtube nowadays, skaters look at thrasher.com youtube channel for all the new video parts,, why doesn't a pro wakeskater create a Vlog like skater jon hill or andy shrock started revive skateboarders all through youtube.. i would totally watch nick taylor or someone upload random shizzle to youtube... doesnt even have to be skating can be mostly random talking and filming

WAKESKATING IS MISSING A LEGIT CONSTANT YOUTUBE CHANNEL WITH WEEKLY UPLOADS

or maybe there is already one and i dont know about it??

jboss
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Chalmette

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2016 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtyohioriver22, the Thrasher YouTube channel is why I started skating again...
dirtyohioriver22
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jboss, exactly my point everything is done through youtube nowadays,, if a shop or skater whats to sell more boards or make the sport more popular or whatever i think it needs to be done through youtube

youtube vlogs i think can make people nervous because you have to kind of put your balls on the line, not be camera shy and show your personality and what not,, but i think if a pro consistently did that the fans would follow,,,

look at this skaters john hill for example https://www.youtube.com/user/john2010hillbilly his videos are decently lame,, but he has 40,000+ subscribers and all huge like to not like ratio

dirtyohioriver22
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also what else is wakeskating missing?? the 400$ reliable winch!!!! c'mon people is it really that hard to make?!!??!
senza wake
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SLC

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

considering that just the engine alone that is capable of pulling anyone around 180+ lbs out of the water costs on average around $350, yes, that is unrealistic
dirtyohioriver22
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 19, 2016 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

senza wake, very wrong

below is a 6.5 HP engine from home depot shipped for 159,,, also buy in bulk get discounts,,,, make connections get discounts,, scrap metal and pretty much anything metal for that matter is very cheap, as a prior machinist i can attest to that ,, I built my winch for under 600 and most of that price was the bulletline rope,, which isnt necessary

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Blue-Max-6-5-HP-OHV-Recoil-Start-Horizontal-Shaft-Engine-6783/202342251?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-BASE-PLA-D28I-LawnMowers%7c&gclid=CjwKEAiAt_K0BRCzjtv92_HGoR0SJAA9QNn_a5KzzqAG6NB-oodU7_WLrvqz_KdlqiBHIjD3stLDphoCjovw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Ro$$
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Lake Tapps

PostPosted: Jan 20, 2016 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's missing wake2wake kickflip poked melons and similar
senza wake
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 20, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtyohioriver22, apparently it is possible to be more than wrong, very wrong huh?

well speaking from my experience, i have a friend who built his winch for around $900 using a 6.5 hp engine, and that engine couldnt deep water start him, or anyone really. he had to do additional modifications to his engine to get more hp out of it in order to be usable.

when i built my winch, i am incapable of doing the modifications he did to an engine so i had to buy a bigger engine. i could not find anything between 6.5 and 13 hp. so i had to buy a 13 hp. harbor freight for $360. i see now that there are 8 hp, but there werent at the time i built my winch a few years ago so that is where i get my info.
David_Roehm
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canalskater wrote:
Who knows where we went wrong or if we even did, but one thing I do know is that our community continued to push the sport in direction of the ones who inspired us. I would much rather wakeskating be exactly where it is now than have the scene look like the wakesurf industry; thriving but a total aristocrat's activity that anyone who can afford to do it frequently, can be a pro. If thats is your idea of success, you can still do it.

The anti-boat sentiment doesn't stem from personally hating the dudes that can kill it behind the boat or their lifestyles, but more from how inaccessible it makes wakeskating look to a complete outsider. Maybe it was outlandish to think that people would rather spend $1000-$2000 to build a winch or buy and old john boat to get started, but it was a theory and it worked for a lot of people.

Its a bummer there was no wakeskate tour this year because it really left the impression that wakeskating had a bit of an off year IMO when in reality, people are still wakeskating. New kids are still coming up, new spots are being found, new tricks are being landed, and new videos will come out. The events are only going to get better and as they get better, they'll gain more coverage. If you need evidence just go watch one of Ollie's six sections from this year, or one of Nick's epic trip videos, or Austin's cable edit. Wakeskating looks really F'in good now, and eventually more people will take notice. I'm happy with where wakeskating is today. It would definitely be awesome to have more people make a living within it so that we could have more pros focus on the progression but if the trade off was to go more in the tubing/golfing direction as more of a leisure activity, no thanks.. Thats not how I approach something I'm passionate about.

This whole thing is just an experiment anyways right? Also, Grant and Marcus should just box and get it over with already.

Truth! And the Tours back! Amping!
Jake S
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So nobody is going to give me any numbers on board sales?
canalskater
Taco Bell Fa'Lyfe

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is Andrew Pastura and Ben Horan are probably millionaires from all the boards they've been slanging all over the world. Those guys need to fork over the cash or let us all come play in their backyards or we'll all boycott their boards. If they don't agree with our demands, we can organize a mass board burning and really send them a message. Who's with me?
Lollar
360 flip
360 flip

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canalskater wrote:
All I know is Andrew Pastura and Ben Horan are probably millionaires from all the boards they've been slanging all over the world. Those guys need to fork over the cash or let us all come play in their backyards or we'll all boycott their boards. If they don't agree with our demands, we can organize a mass board burning and really send them a message. Who's with me?

You know you have my vote.

Rich bastards hoarding all the good water.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: