FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

New rider, need some help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basedcerebrum
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: OKC

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: New rider, need some help. Reply with quote

Hi everyone hopefully this is in the right section, but anyway I've been skateboarding since I can remember, I've wakeboarded a few times with friends who ride but I didn't like it too much then I rode someones sst and loved it. What I need help with is choosing a deck to buy, the sst was 42 inches and felt kinda big for my liking, I wear size 12 shoes and i'm wanting to do more flatground stuff (if that's what it's called) rails, and hopefully winching more skateboard type riding. I was looking at a Watermonsters board or something similar so if you guys have any suggestions (board size, brand or whatever) it would be much appreciated.

Happy shredding Smile
11RANDOMNESS
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Winter Haven

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basedcerebrum, I wear a size 12 and don't have issues riding even the smallest of the Wm boards. They are good boards at a good price. When it comes down to size its's preference really but if I was going to get a new water monsters deck i'd get the 39.5

-Kyle
Basedcerebrum
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11RANDOMNESS wrote:
Basedcerebrum, I wear a size 12 and don't have issues riding even the smallest of the Wm boards. They are good boards at a good price. When it comes down to size its's preference really but if I was going to get a new water monsters deck i'd get the 39.5

That's good to hear I was afraid that 39.5 was gonna be too small but sounds like it will be just right.
Peoples703
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Manassas

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not really sure what kind of board to get either man, I haven't skateboarded in a few years. I wen to the lake with my girlfriend and her family at smith mountain lake and saw a wakeskate vid at the local wakeshop and fell in love. so idk how many black wakeskaters are out there but i'm hoping to do my thing. could anyone help me out im 6'1 195 i'm thinking about a 39.5 or a 40 thanks.
girlsafteryou
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are new go bigger like 42", I can't even imagine learning on a 39. Unless you were like 5'8 and 140 lbs. That's just me, there are tons of people who learn on small boards.
senza wake
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: SLC

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my opinion is that 42'' is either still around for peoples preference, but are mostly becoming a thing of the past. decks have gotten a lot wider than they started out, so now with the wider decks, you can ride shorter and still have the same or even more surface area. i started on a 41'' cassette that was much thinner than any deck around now, so now i ride a 39'' board. i think around 40'' is a good place to start for about any size person. more or less is fine, just according to preference.
Basedcerebrum
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jul 22, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

girlsafteryou wrote:
If you are new go bigger like 42", I can't even imagine learning on a 39. Unless you were like 5'8 and 140 lbs. That's just me, there are tons of people who learn on small boards.

Maybe the SST is just a heavy board, but it felt like a rock in the water. I'm gonna go to the cable park soon and demo some stuff and see what I like hopefully they have a decent selection. Btw those girlsafteryou boards look nice brotha Smile
girlsafteryou
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Jul 22, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basedcerebrum,

Rocker lines have gotten better and boards are a little wider, but the best way is to ride as many boards as you can. And thanks, it's a work in progress.
Peoples703
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Manassas

PostPosted: Jul 22, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info fellas. I'm probably going to get a40 remote board. I'm really new to this wakeskate scene so don't know to many companies. I'll take any suggestions. thanks again for the advice tho.

any of you guys close to Smith mountain lake? I'm like 3hrs from there but that's where I'll be riding
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: