FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Bored so I thought Id tell you guys how my SECOND trip went!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bondmaxbondrock
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Bored so I thought Id tell you guys how my SECOND trip went! Reply with quote

So I went out with a new driver, my first time behind a real boat, and big waves. Recipe for disaster, right? Well, it was haha. It took my like 6 tries, and a bloody thumb from hitting the board, but I finally got up! Then I rode for like a minute and was taken out by one of those waves haha. Anyway, the next day we went out early in the morning, with relatively flat water, and I started killing it (atleast killing it for me haha)! I carved around and really enjoyed the huge wake! I worked on my edging, and even learned surface 180s. That's right, I rode switch! Carving hard is so fun too. I love it! Wakeskating is really the "surfiest" sport I've done. Absolutely in love. I worked on my foot positioning, and you guys were right, it just takes some practice, I'm getting much better at moving my feet around and finding my comfortable riding position Very Happy

Also, I was working on ollies! I like popping one right off a wave, it's fun! (until I fall off and do the splits or scrape my leg on the griptape haha, still worth it!)

Anyways, a quick summary: Wakeskating is awesome and I fall more in love each time I ride.

PS: I think I fell victim to the advertising at Retention because I now love the fruit punch Rockstars. Got one before we headed out simply because I saw it at Retention. Now I'm hooked.
shredaustin
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: AUSTIN

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go forth and shred my son!!!
bondmaxbondrock
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shredaustin, hell yes I will! Trying to ride at least once a week, and as much as possible. Also, I longboard and skateboard, so I get some dry land practice in during the week as well Very Happy
bondmaxbondrock
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main goal: be able to go to a wakeskate tour and actually go down the course. Not do insane tricks and rails and actually compete, just go and ride with everybody Very Happy
88skisupreme
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: ATX

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things I always tell newbies: First try to keep both feet on, dragging one in the water can blow out your knee, second when you fall keep your hands near your face if you're not on the board, it can come back and bash you in the head.
Rootar
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Little Rock

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

88skisupreme wrote:
Two things I always tell newbies: First try to keep both feet on, dragging one in the water can blow out your knee, second when you fall keep your hands near your face if you're not on the board, it can come back and bash you in the head.

My first summer wake skating I got tossed off the nose (kinda jumped off feet first after landing soon as I bobbed back to the surface of the water the board caught me right in the side of the head right above my ear. Almost made me black out. Ever since then I don't jump off and always put my hands/arms up around my head when I can't see the board. Also you'll be much better off if you learn to not fight the falls just ride it all the way in and relax.

bondmaxbondrock
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

88skisupreme, yeah I started doing that, especially when I fall forward. I always try to be aware of how I'm falling and where the board is, hopefully I'll be able to keep my self in good shape. Rootar, man that scares me haha! You're making me be extra careful now
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: