FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Kent State University - Did the cops overreact?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taku
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Central FL

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Kent State University - Did the cops overreact? Reply with quote

Link to article

Do you think the cops overreacted? This school has a lot of history with law vs the students.. I wonder if this will get national attention..

KENT -- Police used tear gas and rubber bullets on Saturday night to break up a crowd of at least 400 college students who built a towering fire with couches on a city street just off the Kent State University campus.

Police had anticipated problems Saturday and beefed up patrols for the school's fifth annual College Fest, a street party on College Avenue to celebrate the near-end of the school year.

Nationally, Kent State is probably best known for the May 4, 1970, anti-war (vietnam) rally that turned deadly when Ohio National Guardsmen opened fire on a crowd of students, killing four and injuring nine others. Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young memorialized the confrontation in the song "Ohio."

Some Kent State students said Saturday night that they believed police overreacted.

"I expected the cops to be walking around making sure no one got hurt," said Ross Eisenberg, a freshman majoring in marketing. "I never thought they'd be shooting tear gas."

greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha ya I knew some people that were arrested there. I have been to that party the past three years but wasn't able to make it this year, I guess that worked out for me. But they had a huge ass fire in the middle of the street, and that street is just an average little back street. I guess they probably over reacted but I also know that all the ones I have been to are ridiculous and I heard this one blew the others away. I guess I should have been there
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: