FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

What tricks are you working on?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
offkilter23
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: venice

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kickflips
nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how close are you?

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrapped surface 1260's. Got 1080's down so I'm steppin up!

Ok for real though no tricks in the bag except the nut crunch and the eye peeler!
kyle41
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: St Pete, Florida

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im workin on kickflips also. im gettin really close but just cant seem to stick it.
i started tryin them in the flats and they almost seem easier then inside out. what do the rest of u think
rukusrider103
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Last edited by rukusrider103 on Jun 30, 2004 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
eighteenvisions
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive tried inside out ones forever like, since almost a year ago. but if your board has enough pop, especially if its a-sym, in the flats is easier, i think. i finally landed it in the flats. i think its easier cause when you do inside out you have to worry about edging, pop, flick, and if the wake isnt right it could mess things up. out in the flats as long as you pop enough and kick it right its right under you. but a trick i learned that helps with doing inside out ones is to stay over your board but pop the board up almost vertical. if you just lean over the board will stay behind you. if you lean back too much it will be nearly impossible to land. you just have to find that happy medium inbetween. but you should do whatevers easiest so if you think inside out is better for you do it. i think its good to be able to do both ways though so just keep doing them.
the reason its taken me so long to do them is cause i would try one, get real close, and then keep trying for like 45 min. i would get super close, then start doing worse and worse till i was just real frustrated and tired. then i would not do them for a couple weeks cause i didnt want to ruin a good run like that. i dont know if any of you are having that problem but i would stick to like a couple tries each time you go out, cause you would probably land them faster that way rather than every once in a while just wearing yourself out.
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic is about tricks you are working on. How about we support our fellow riders and help them land something they are working on instead of turning this entire topic into another topic full of arguing.

Because we all don't ride together, generally we will never know who is telling the truth or not about the tricks they are doing. Why is it that important to know for sure anyway?? It isn't unusual for people to land kickflips these days and it should not be a surprise if next biggest wakeskater to hit the scene is from some small town in the middle of nowhere. How many times have we seen that already??
Yuri
Raley

City: orlando

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd, If you dont believe me about me trying backlip 270 shuvvits out on the pic nic table at OWC I could care less. First let me explain is you havent seen the pic nic table its a ride on rail but you can ollie onto it if you want but very few wakeskaters do. I`am goofy so the rail is heelside so in that case a fs boardslide is considered a backlip, so basicly I go up the rail do a fs boardslide to 270 shuvvit out, (havent landed one yet but I got damn close).
rukusrider103
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave, what are you talking about? who was arguing? did you delete a post? am i missing something here?
chriscut
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just started, so i'm workin on my ollie. I need to meet some new people around the central valley of california, (modesto, stockton, sacramento area) who like to wakeskate/wakeboard so i can get out on the water more often.

Steven M
2 Legit 2 Quit

City: Menlo Park/ Bay Area

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyeareque, if you ever come down to McClure lemme know and we can try to work something out
Travis
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shuvits (cant even get close).. w2ws and ollie 180s are what im mostly workin on
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rukusrider103 wrote:
dave, what are you talking about? who was arguing? did you delete a post? am i missing something here?

Nobody was arguing yet, but I saw it coming. I just think we would all get a lot more out of this topic if we help each other instead of accusing them of not being able to land tricks they are claiming.
nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw wakeskater1234 tryin bs lip 270 out yesterday and he was seriously close as hell... and ya dave i bet someone would have started sumthin soon Confused
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: venice

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have came extremely close to kickflips i am just so mad that i havent landed it yet
thirdcoast
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: @uSTIn

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trying different lipslide variations to shuvouts, still working on the pop shuv in the flats....tried a few kickflips today.......ugly. Evil or Very Mad
wakeriderof87
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: cen fla

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

workin on shuv its, i think i'm doin what eighteenvisions was talkin about. I keep on developing bad habits, so then i spend forever tryin to get rid of that habit. For a long time i was spinning the board and then i would somehow spin my body after it, like it was two seperate motions, it was weird. it took me a long time to figure out how to stop doin that. Then i started like spinning it to soon, so when i would spin then push down with my front foot to even out the skate instead of even out then spin, so i would send the skate like off axis. That was all on my one week of riding every day. I think my main reason i haven't landed them yet is b/c i dont' go out enough. I'll get really close, like i'm landing on the skate its just sliding out form under me. Then i have to quit and don't go back out for a month or two, so when i do get to try again, its like starting over again.

other than that i'm tryin to go w2w(not nearly successful), and ollie off of the wake, can anyone give me a few tips on that,

Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I keep on developing bad habits, so then i spend forever tryin to get rid of that habit.

I don't try anything more than 5 times in a row, unless I am getting too close to quit. Otherwise, I notice I develop bad habits that are hard to break. If I don't land something in 5 tries, I move on to something else and then try it again later or another day after I have more time to think about what I am doing.
Frye

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i stopped wakeksating for like a month and a half and was wakeboarding the whole time, then went back to my skate and i was so much better. my first run out with no falls i had heelside and toeside two wake, and i couldnt even do toeside before. then i landed a shuvit first try. then i went out the other day, and i could ollie off the lip, and i landed ollie in to shuv off. i am working on shuv on and i am just so close. i dont know if it will help everyone else, but just taking a break i progressed alot.
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Northern VA

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Barousse, thats a really good tip, thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Add To Favorites

Jump to: