FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Pro Tour Boat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  

boat or pwc
I want the protour to use a real boat for wakeskate
64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
I think the PWC is fine and I think they should keep it
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

Parky

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Pro Tour Boat Reply with quote

hey I was just thinking wakestock is dope to watch cuz there is a boat and watching a combo of lip and w2w tricks I think would be better for the pro tour... I dont think just using a pwc is really showing everyones real skills... just an opinon.... what do you guys think?

Last edited by Parky on Feb 25, 2004 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Joey White
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really think that it would be wrose for wakeskating because part of the appeal of wakeskating to the public is how that you dont need an expensive boat to be have fun with it. also i think seadoo sponsering the tour is good because then it is getting seadoo into the sport of wakeskating and we have already seen them make a seadoo specifically for wakeskating/wakeboarding but i think manly for wakeskating
Parky

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya makes sense but what if they used a seadoo boat... like WWSA was saying they would have one day boat and next seadoo
BillJ
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulling the comp with a boat makes it BORING. It just takes too much time to turn it around and pick up the rider, it's much quicker with the Sea Doo. I agree that it would be nice to see w2w tricks and bigger lip tricks behind the boat but I've watched a comp behind a boat and it sucked.

The Sea Doo boat just SUCKS all around so using it wouldn't solve anything.

electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey has some really good points, so read his post! And building off of the seadoo sponsorship idea, the wakeskating replaced a different event that was pulled by the seadoo. (boardercross--holla!) So if wasn't for that, I'm not entirely positive that wakeskating would have been on the tour at all. I say that all in all, being pulled by a seadoo isn't that bad. I know most people that really aren't into wakeskating want to see the wake to wake flying acrobatics, but there are people that can appreciate the tech stuff, along with the rails. And of course, there are going to be pros that would rather ride behind a boat, but whatever, if it's that bad don't compete and let someone else have a chance at that purse, you know?

So in conclusion, I don't think the seadoo is all that bad. They just made one that is wakeskate specific and it looks hot...it's all accessoried out....

Parky

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya I have to admitte I think the seadoo/small wake but really I think it would be cool to c some w2w at comps other than wakestock... I talked to the people who judged skating at wakestock and they said it was dope and thought that using the boat was better.... my buddy Jude who was driving gave grubb a Double up with out him wanting one and he did a bs 360 and stuck it... but that brings up an other point who could beat grubb on w2w other than reed, horrell (if he did some of the old stuff he did) and joshua steele?
Greg Lantz
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow.... where did you see this wakeskate specific seadoo. i can't afford a boat, but that might be a nice cheaper option
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Lantz,
It will still be a nice chunck of change...

http://www.seadoo.com/en-US/Watercrafts/2004/Recreation/GTX.4-TEC.Wakeboard.edition/Introduction.htm
wakeriderof87
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: cen fla

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the way the wwsa is taking this is pretty cool, having boat and pwc.
windlip
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: whitby

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with Parky, i've seen all the wakeskate comps at wakestock and with the boat it doesn;t make it boring..if anything more exciting! Seeing grubb pull that bs360 last year was SICK! i don;t mind waiting for the boat to come around and stuff..i am in no rush or hurry..just realax and chill and watch the skating!
Joey White
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but windlip your missing the point also how many people out their are throwing 3's off the double up consistant i dont think anyone on this site is
Parky

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think either the pro tour should have a pwc and boat or just a boat... its just you c all styles of riding!!! I know seadoo maybe of been the people who brought it together but come on just use a seadoo boat!!! and if anyone knows about the whole idea about "you dont need a 50, 000 dollar boat" thirey(sp?) its me and really I dont see the harm in using a boat... just cuz the protour has a boat doesn't mean ppl with pwc or smaller cant compeate in it or cant skate and should give up... like look at videos... yes a seadoo is pulling skating alot but mostly just for rails! the best part of the video is watching the rider do some sick w2w shuvs to indy and they right after to a bs lip fs 270 out.... Very Happy
Joey White
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not trying to be a jerk but if you like wake to wake tricks soo much then why dont you stick to wakeboarding because i think its cool and all but serioulsy i have the option every time i go out to ride behind a boat or a jetski and just about every time i pick a jetski because its just more fun. if you ever do wake to wake a lot i think it gets boring thats just my opinion but also the seadoo boats are reallly small wakes to i really dont think a lot of people would even ride taht boat wake to wake.
Parky

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey White, there is a seadoo boat that does have a nice wake... dont you think that the riders in the pro tour can only do liptricks on a seadoo? no way! if anything your making it easyer to do liptricks but I have to say I think having a pwc is good but I think I would be better to have like a pwc and a boat
greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parky, there are a lot of teck tricks that are a lot more realistic off of a pwc then a loaded x star. i know if i have the choice to ride a pwc or a wakeboard boat i always pick the pwc. if im riding wake to wake, why would i not strap on my wakeboard and do something huge?
Parky

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ya im all for pwc!!! but i think it would be cool to have both
Parky

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after all your posts I think I may have changed my mind
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: