FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Longhorn Rail Jam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fister
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Austin

PostPosted: May 17, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Longhorn Rail Jam Reply with quote

My apologies if this has been posted but the Longhorn Rail Jam is going on this Friday night in Downtown Austin. The fact that it's at 6th and Trinity is badass...especially if you're old enough to get into the bars afterward. Beautiful women, beer, and wakeskating. What more could I ask for??

http://www.texaswakeboardtour.com/event_austin.htm
Fister
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: May 17, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I should have posted this in "EVENTS."

Meh.
Bad Luck
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: austin / san marcos

PostPosted: May 17, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll be there, its gonna be a sick contest, lots of riders are in town, including aaron reed, brandon thomas, silas thurman, kyle hyams, myself, and one or two other local riders, and thats just the wakeskaters.

edit - heres the press release if anyone is interested.

Longhorn Rail Jam - May 19th in Austin, TX

Some of the top wakeboarders and wakeskaters in the world will be descending on downtown Austin, May 19, to participate in the Longhorn Rail Jam - stop ..2 of the 2006 Texas Wakeboard Tour - presented by Malibu Boats. This is a Fox Riders My Spot event featuring the Fox pro wakeboard team.

The development of the high-speed, gas-powered winch is one of the newest and most exciting progressions in wakeboarding's young history. It has given riders the ability to take their sport to the streets with the use of portable pools, separated by rails and rails and pulled by a winch. Called a pool-gap and/or rail jam, this is action sports up-close and in-your-face and its as exciting for the riders as it is for spectators.

Sliding or grinding on rails has been a part of wakeboarding for the past few years but until now it has all happened behind a boat or PWC on a lake. Now, instead of watching the riders from 100 yards away on the shore, spectators are just a few feet from the action.

The Longhorn Rail Jam is FREE to the public and will take place on Friday night, May 19th on Austins legendary party strip 6th Street. (at Trinity). Already scheduled to appear are the entire Fox Pro Wakeboard Team including X Games gold medalists Danny Harf and Dallas Friday and multiple Pro Tour Champion, Parks Bonifay. They will be joined by Gerry Nunn, Rusty Malinoski, Adam Errington, Keith Lyman, Tino Santori, Silas Thurman, Andrew Adkisson, Aaron Reed, Brandon Thomas and local pro, Gabe Lucas. The pros will be teamed with top regional riders in a Pro/Am contest format. Regional competitors include Brian Sasser, Richie McKee, Joey Arcisz, Joey Bradley, Tom Fooshee, Duston Swafford, Bret Little, Billy Garcia, Kurtis Rahuit, Ross Skrudland, Dustin Shows, Ryan Anderson and Hank Carter. The event starts at 6 p.m. and admission is free.

In addition to Malibu Boats, the event is supported by Nissan North America, Fox Riders Co., Bud Light, Liquid Force Wakeboards, Reef Clothing, Kicker Audio, Spy Optic, Ten 80 Clothing, Straight Line, Body Glove, Da Hui, TBKS, Boardstop.com, Sun & Ski Sports, and Central Texas Watersports. Media partners include Alliance Wakeboard Magazine, Texas Boating Magazine, Wakeboarding Magazine, The Edge Magazine, Fuel TV and Austin 101X FM Radio Station.

MEDIA NOTE: For information, interviews, or press credentials, contact Geiger Media at (817) 563-0306.

Official Host Hotel:
Austin Plaza Hotel & Suites
6911 IH 35 North
Austin, TX 78752
Ask about TWT rate!

www.ByerlyWakeboards.com | www.Oneill.com | www.RukusBS.com
www.SpyOptics.com | www.TexasSkiRanch.com
integrity640
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Ocala

PostPosted: May 17, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which winch will yall be using?

AnchorsAwayWake <======check it
Bad Luck
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 19, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rewind possibly, im not sure.

BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: orlando/winterpark

PostPosted: May 19, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Luck, should be a grinch lol
i took hyms to the airport yesgterday so hes there, i wish i coulda gone but were doing the jax thing so good luck man
c dub
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 19, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from it, didn't stay till the very end... It was pretty sick, the rail looked fun as hell i wanted to hit it badddd. Nice job Bret reppin' the locals

Aaron Reed was riding his pro model, kinda looked like a different version of the Impulse and BT was rockin' the Byerly..

www.virtuewakeskates.com
Bad Luck
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 20, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i rode reed's skate last night, its way different from an impulse. its a LOT heavier, 2+ inches wider, and has squared off ends and shaper edges.

its sick, im definitly gonna rock one if i can get it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: