FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

winch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't make your point without breaking the rules, your post will be deleted. Please clean it up guys.

Thanks.
sim
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Thorpe

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galenone, dude I know it's expensive and all, i don't have the money either, but that's no reason to go shouting off rubbish to matt. I think a wakeskate is too expensive and you can easily build your own for the price of griptape, so when did you call Mr. Horrell and tell him where to stick his 4-trac? Now he's doing the winch with Rewind, its the same thing but a different product. I'm building my own piss take on the winch, just for fun, doesn't mean I'm gonna go shouting 'your product is overpriced rubbish that i can build for cheap', because it's just not true. I'm not asking for a lawsuit, it's not a good idea to piss people off, ESPECIALLY people that could benefit you in the future, it's a small industry dude.
Did you ever think that the winch might not be targeted at kids who'll chop they're fingers in the motor, that's why the price is only achievable for working people who have an ounce of responsibility and maturity? maybe that's why your so pissed?
________
Ipad Guide

Last edited by sim on Mar 16, 2011 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hawn
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: San Antonio

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the winch is a great idea. Keep in mind I will not be building one.

Currect me if I am wrong, but if you have a pat: that just means someone can not make that object for resale. They can make one for there own use. Am I right.

That is why if someone builds there own tower for there own boat they do not have to pay CC.

thewinch; Good job on the R&D. Where there any sent to Texas yet? I would like to see one in person.

hypo
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, it sounds like to me that Galenone is a little bit envious of rich kids or financially secure kids that can afford this winch, that I built and sell. Oh, and by the way I don't have to pay a lawyer, I'm almost through with law school, maybe you'll be my first case.

well, i would happen to be one of those 'well to do' people with the lake house, nice boat, jetski's and buys what he wants when he wants. I am not a punk kid, but a self made adult. I think the product is over priced. period. I hope those that are trying to make their own 'suceed and enjoy' because of the 'very poor unprofessional attitude' that this 'thewinch' represents. I also hope that your product takes a serious dive. good luck.
funnyfeni
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: casselberry

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what happened to a couple of hundred dollars!!?? huh? answers please.. dont give me crap about it needs to be more because we dont want little kids chopping there fingers off.
thewinch
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look guys this thing is really simple and I'm not going to sit here and bicker back and forth. I have the product if you have $1400.00 usd i will sell you one and if you think thats alot wait until the retail shops get a hold of them. As far as pricing goes we here at Rewind do not make much money on each sale, each engine costs us retail over $560 dollars we do not use lawnmower engines as you might think the torque on a 5hp lawnmower engine is not enough even at 100% to pull even a little kid out of the water. And the most important part of all, the reel size and the reel itself it is so critical to the performance of the winch that thats where all of the money is focused because it cost me over $800 to design one that spins at the correct RPM with respect to engine RPM's. I know all of you that are copying my design have put all of this in perspective I'm sure.
thewinch
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah funnyface or funnyfeni whatever, when Thomas was quoted on this product will cost around $100 bucks that was a hypothetical guess that was used to get people talking, i.e, a rumor.

And for Hypo I hope these guys succed also as a matter of fact I would love to these pics, and this company I'm sure will do just fine, pretty soon I'm gonna have a second lakeside home.
nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope the winch succeeds and i also hope that anyone who decides to try to build one has good luck... but i dont think its right for anyone on here to be dissing each other and telling each other to shove things up their @$$. galenone i think u need to find another place to go express ur opinions in that way... maybe they will take it better than i have
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thewinch, esq. is right. Anyone (including myself) who thought the winch would cost 100-200 dollars was just wishfully thinking. Last summer when I talked to a friend about it, he was like, maybe the frame will cost 100.00. He predicted a cost near 1000.00.

I hate to say it hypo, but your last post doesn't exactly demonstrate class either. There's more than one person behind the winch, one just got the balls to come on here and defend his product. Some are eloquent, others aren't, but this is why many industry insiders don't come on here; when they do, many times it blows up in their face (please reference Don Wallace).

Catalyst
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Kelowna

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewinch
u shouldnt come on here and say im gonna make enough money to buy a second lake house. Its not what u got its how u use it. Some one into the winch should be skating in ditches and ponds. What are u doing on the lake? your second house should be at your local pond.

hypo
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, im not the person with something to sale here, bud. i walk into a car dealership and if the salesman is a jack0ff, i'd most certainly walk out . in this case, we got a salesman sayin he's gonna sue some kids. instead of responding to 'galenone' the way he did, it was his opprotunity to take the upper hand and shine. shine he did not.
thewinch
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its true Catalyst it is wrong, but I was not implying that I'm making alot of money selling the winch. I did not mean it like that, but it was just a very broad statement no point intended.

So now everyone's mad at me for trying to defend my product. Thats funny now I know why Thomas never comes on here.
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Thats funny now I know why Thomas never comes on here.

Because people want to build their own winches? If it is true what you say, then it is a shame that the people at the front of the industry aren't taking advantage of the situation that is provided here. How else can you be in touch with so many of your customers at one time? Anyone that owns a computer and wakeskates is reading this......I promise. They may not respond, but they are reading it.

The winch is a very cool product and we all want to see it succeed. As thewinch pointed out (I still don't know why if he/she is so worried about it being copied) ,none of the models shown so far have been successful. That means it will take a lot of effort for someone to copy the design. A lot more effort than just saying that they will do it on a message board.

Last edited by Dave Barousse on Jan 27, 2004 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
thewinch
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, thats what most people do in here is diss each other and knock things that either they cannot afford nor understand, i.e.,"the cassette fourtrack is over priced" ,who wants to here that?
thewinch
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this is the most popular discussion on here...cool
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unfair that Thewinch should have to put up with galeone's over-the-top verbal tirade (the deleted one) and your ill will, hypo. If I were an industry insider/entrepreneuer, that double standard would be enough to keep me from posting. Yes, he does have a product he's representing, but with some of the stuff that's been said on here, I don't know that I would be able to handle it either (which would be the reason to stay away). Not everyone has verbal finesse..some how Thomas and Erich pull it off with flying colors whenever they make a rare appearance on here. Others crash and burn (again, don tried to come on here and talk about his product and people weren't having it, and then some "higher-ups" called him out and that was that and he was gone forever). When you're in that position, you aren't allowed any mistakes.

I understand that many don't agree with some things that were said by thewinch, but wishing the product would take a dive is childish, and that's what I don't agree with--especially with wakeskating and the industry being as small as it is. Don't forget, you could "shine" too...

Bye bye, winch thread...

Last edited by electricsnow on Jan 28, 2004 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone comes on here and simply says, "the cassette 4-trac is overpriced", I doubt anyone will pay any attention to it. If they do, then they are foolish. On the other hand, if someone states facts from their experience with the 4-trac (or any product) and how it may not have satisfied them for the price they paid, then everyone should want to hear about it. That is valuable information for a potential buyer.

This is getting off topic now. This thread is about the winch.

Last edited by Dave Barousse on Jan 28, 2004 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
thewinch
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that electricsnow is doing kickflips behind the Militia now a days, I also heard that he rides like Reed but looks like Ron Jeremy...And Martinsack is doing consistant bigspins behind his new team edition 2006 Sea-doo.
Todd
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Battle Ground

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow is a lovely lady, when you assume you make an a$$ out of you an me
Todd
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Battle Ground

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh by the way, the winch is great in concept but the price is a little steep for your average person to pick up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Add To Favorites

Jump to: