FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

oak wakeskate pics
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jer_d
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: vancouver, bc

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: oak wakeskate pics Reply with quote

here are some pics of the oak concave decks, let me know what you think.

oak 3_Layer 1_Layer 1.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  35.88 KB
 Viewed:  16331 Time(s)

Last edited by jer_d on Sep 22, 2005 10:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cfxomega
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they invisible? I want one! Smash
________
Health Store
________
Halfbaked

Last edited by cfxomega on Feb 21, 2011 10:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
jer_d
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aparently they are, having trouble posting the pics
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jer_d
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my buddy is gonna put them up for me, im retarded when it comes to posting stuff.
parky
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woot woot... wakeskating.com say hi to Jer Labelle the newest member of team Oak Wakeskates

here are the pics... jer is a retard and cant upload them

oak 9.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  69.67 KB
 Viewed:  16315 Time(s)

oak 8.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  81.04 KB

oak 7_Layer 1.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  54.47 KB

oak 4_Layer 1.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  65.6 KB

oak 2.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  86.42 KB

BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: orlando/winterpark

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they arent invisble, but cast the same shadow as gator boards imo
liquid
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: New Orleans

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those look sick!11
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jer_d
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for posting the pic evan.

yeah they look pretty sweet. i havnt actually ridden one yet but i cant wait. the boards are alot like the 03, 04 cassette skates, but has a deeper concave and a little more rocker.
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jer_d, just a lil fyi, one the 03 and 04 were way different. the 04 didnt last long and had a completely different shape. your also comparing ur decks to other companies, like hey the look just like this that was out about 2yrs ago. doesnt sound good.

im not knocking the skates cause i saw em and talked to the guys there. the skates look good and the guys seem cool, the boards look more like a gator than any cassette ever produced.
jer_d
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats true the 03 and 04 were different. But im just comparing it to those, more concave, rocker, and dont delam. Same can be said about 484 and gator. Just a comparison thats all.
Catalyst
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Kelowna

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

headhuntermx4, shut your face, skateboards are all based around one pinacle design, and alot of companies have used cassetes 3D shape in the same aspect, but in this case they have improved on this shape and added the whole lets not get waterlogged factor. oh yeah your also not knocking on them so ill shut my face, lets just say jer fizzle up, yeah that works, way to go jer...
c dub
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Austin

PostPosted: Sep 23, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kind of look like the cassette concaves in a way

www.virtuewakeskates.com
PIRATE

PostPosted: Sep 23, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i might know someone else thats getting sponsored by oak. Wink (oh and its not me so dont start rumors)
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Sep 23, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

headhunter actually has a really good point (and I was thinking the same thing myself). With a need for brand identity and progressive products, why would you want to compare your company to someone like cassette? It's a lot to live up to...including the "wont' delam" comment, which is a lot to say when you haven't even dipped your deck in the lake. There are like three or four new, small wakeskate companies that popped up. You're going to want your deck to stand out from the rest and not be in a sort of "just like cassette" shadow, or it will get lost in the crowd...

And with skateboarding, shapes DID morph for a number of years. (check out the shape of the vision psycho stick, many zorlac decks, the christian hosoi hammerhead decks with cutouts for rail grabs--you get the picture.) So, with wakeskating products being roughly ten years old (going back to the first fwt pads from 1996), there's a lot of experimenting to do. I would not pigeon hole wakeskate technology ten years into the game, all based on skateboards that have been toyed with for nearly 50 years.

Ok, ok, I"ll "shut my face."

cholee
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: chabachaba

PostPosted: Sep 23, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in response to ""electric snow" about the "dont delam"comment and never being "dipped in the lake".I would have to say that your comments are wrong,knowing first hand......I know Mike t. and Ryan at oak and know they have been riding the protoype of those boards since march and it has not delammed.I also know those guys ride religiously around 5 or 6 times a week after they get done working.....so its been in the water alot......and has hit many a slider or dock....i imagine that is why they wanted a solid deck,because i'm sure they've dealt with many over the past couple seasons that have "delammed" or broke.....heres the lowdown on the oak decks...They are made in Canada.the concaves are 16 ply,3 stage rocker.Between each ply,all 16 is marine glue,and then the entire board is dipped in marine glue>So lets say u take a chunk out of your board hitting a dock or whatever u choose to huck your carcass onto...water will not go into the deck any further than where that chunks taken out because of the glue between each of the plys,as opposed to if there was glue only on outside of deck........we all know no board is totally idestructible but these Oak boards made from canadian maple which is super strong anyway i think in time will eventually speak for themselves..........so on a first hand account i have seen these boards "dipped in the lake" and "not delam" over a 6 month stent and some change.......Oak has busted their butts to get some good boards out there and they have no big financial backer either...all done on their own time and dime...and their booth at expo was cool.....and so were they........
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Sep 23, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, great minds think a like Wink

and catylist, who the eff are u? oak is not saying them selves its a cassette clone, hense why im not knocking the company. and besides they dont look at all like cassettes in person. they truely look like gator boards. the shape and edges are why.
you dont see omen saying hey are decks are like integs with a wood core and different kicktails?
you dont see satyilite going our boards are just like cassettes?
you dont see blind saying our decks are just the same as world industries.

i dont know about u but i wouldnt buy a deck from a company that is cloning boards. especially from a company i respect.

the guys from oak seem like totaly cool guys and have a great idea, they arent out to copy and rule the industry. the way they put it, was that they are riders looking to do their own thing, and they all have regualr jobs that arent in the industry.
KirbyJosh
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: bithlo.....thats right.....bithlo

PostPosted: Sep 23, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just started riding my 40' oak this week , the shape is an older one but I love it, it's not like lf and gator and 484 have also used this shape in the past. It good to finally get back to wood so far so good i landed a v-flip on it pretty easy today, as far a quality goes mike@oak tells me their pretty durable, he showed me their prototype that they've been riding for like 6 months and it still looks solid, but I'll wait and see how my board lasts. I ride boards pretty hard so I'll know in the next month probably whether it'll last or not. Its good times.
wakemitch
Frontside Bigspin

City: Yay Area

PostPosted: Sep 23, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with all these companies coming our with great products lately im going to have a hard decision for my next board. but i dont think i will needing a new board any time soon since i love my integrity so much
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Sep 23, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cholee, i think u missed wat she was saying, i believe she ment the market has not dipped the bard in the lake. there is a big difference between prototypes and production. like with the bi-levs.
and kirby i love how u find pulls
PIRATE

PostPosted: Sep 23, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.electricsnow, vs.cholee, round 2

"ohhhh a cat fight " (seinfeld reference that only my girl will get)

Kick her f@#$ing a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Add To Favorites

Jump to: