FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

2006 obrien bilevel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slapdown
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Austin

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIRATE, agreed, it's not like the only things they havee to pay for are products, they have to keep their employees, they have to pay business taxes, there are all sorts of things in even the smallest companies/businesses that people have to pay for.
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakemitch, I searched the USPTO myself Cassette and Rewind dont have patents. . also on an interesting note back in the day some of you may remeber HO tried to patent the cleaver style fin. . .appearantly that never happened either
galenone
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you guys all follow a little drummer. none of you have ridden this board? then shut up about how it rides. there is lots of room for these boards to change so let it be. engineering is gay to. imagine the first time someone looked at a concave he went on wakeskating.com and trashed the way it looked because it was gay, all of you would jump right behind and we'd all be riding flat decks still. either build something better yourself or again pucker your lips and shut up cause you can't do any better on your own. Very Happy
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: orlando/winterpark

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galenone, wrong(ding ding)

completely not right, i saw the board in person, its an effing joke, now tell me how u figure there is a chance in hell that thing will be worth the weight and worth the money, i dont know the price but im sure its right up there with integ and the real bi-lev!

and wats up with not posting where u ride in ur avatar? wat do u have to hide?
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galenone, actually umm I can do better on my own, and so can other people on here (alot of us have built skates on our own, I helped design the Omen for christ sake). . . . . and nobody ragged on the first concave deck so IDK where your getting that. . . . . . .and engineering is not gay engineering is what smart people do so they dont have to build 20 protos. . .or so there shiznackle idea doesnt get ragged on b/c its designed horribly which would be the case with the obrien bi lev
deepcove
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Vancouver

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i would love to argue with deepcove, about how its retarded to say that there all in it for the money cause if you knew anything about what really goes on you'd understand that there is no money.

Humor me Pirate..I would like to hear your arguement

Quote:
PIRATE, agreed, it's not like the only things they havee to pay for are products, they have to keep their employees, they have to pay business taxes, there are all sorts of things in even the smallest companies/businesses that people have to pay for.

Slapdown,

You are correct, not to mention the start up costs for the initial molds, sales and marketing costs etc. It takes a lot of units before you see a return on your investment.....but eventually you see these returns.......I have a pretty good idea of what it's all about.....I have been in manufacturing for 15 years...
Vance Collins

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$5 on Pirate.
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepcove, I think what pirates trying to say is that obviously they are in it to make money. . .but they arent in it solely to make money I know for a fact that what motivates me and Christian at Omen is love of the sport. . I know it sounds corny but seriously both chris and I have dumped several grand in a hole with very little outside support and no return thus far, the only thing that pushes us is passion and I think its safe to say that in the case of Obrien the product they turn out in relation to the resources they have available shows that they in fact have a passion for money hence why they are making a cheaper to mfg. board than Omen or Integ or even Cassettes bi lev and chargin ghte same I feel this clearly indicates that they are monetarily driven not to mention the way they treated their flag ship rider I gotta think if Shapiro is riding for near nothin on LF he cant be that much of a hard ass to deal with as a company
PIRATE

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepcove, THE simple fact that you care about a waterski company that is trying to cash in on someone elses idea disqualifies you from hearing what i have to say. Someone else take this one i dont want to waste my finger energy typing this. That and i have to be nice to canadians Laughing
deepcove
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Vancouver

PostPosted: Sep 25, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
deepcove, I think what pirates trying to say is that obviously they are in it to make money. . .but they arent in it solely to make money

Thank you kento....I knew someone would step up and call it like it is, you may want to explain this phenomenon to Pirate.

Quote:
THE simple fact that you care about a waterski company that is trying to cash in on someone elses idea disqualifies you from hearing what i have to say.

Pirate

When did I ever say I care about or even support these guys????
SEAMAN
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Sep 25, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love to stir things up....

I rode it

SEAMAN
Slapdown
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Austin

PostPosted: Sep 25, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEAMAN, how did it ride?
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Sep 25, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEAMAN, man its been awhile. please tell me ur not on obrien, i just checked the integ site the other day to see if u were on integ, and it says u are.
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Sep 25, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knowing what you (and believe in) with regards to board design, I"m sure you were thrilled. (that is, if in fact you actually rode the deck and aren't just saying such things to get a rise out of people.)
SEAMAN
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Sep 26, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine, I'll talk

It’s a Bi-level

It’s over 45"

O'Brien makes good wakeboards and they have helped us out greatly with our camp.

Need I say more?

It is what it is. Anyone who has half a brain can tell. It doesn't matter who copied who, who did what first, the bi-level, and it’s so-called "fulcrum effect" is a flawed design. At least the bottom deck is not wood and it has stoppers so I didn't snap the tail off right away. But I only got in about 10 minutes before the top deck started to delam. I guess O'Brien got a bad batch of sealant or something.

Headhunter,
Goodness what are you asking me? I am very passionate about this sport, and although I wasn't able to ride as much this summer, I fully believe in what Erich Schmaltz is doing. I just hope he keeps giving Nick Taylor boards because I like feeling like I did with wakeboarding 10 years ago.

SEAMAN
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Sep 26, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEAMAN, i just couldnt see going from integ to a company with no concave decks in there line up and wat seems to me as a money scheme of a boards.

but if u got on there it could be cool, cause then it would show that they see wakeskating as a sport and not a marketing thing
SEAMAN
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Sep 26, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I didn't make myself clear.

Integrity for life, bitches!!!!

wait I can't say bitches can I?

SEAMAN
PIRATE

PostPosted: Sep 26, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the obrien deck is long hard as wood and has seaman on top Laughing (yes i know im am i 12 or 22 ??)
one-eyed sailor551
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: mahopac

PostPosted: Sep 26, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahah Laughing Laughing

nice anal-ogy Laughing

anyway i still think the thing is a brick and besides its too big for me anyway Smash

"Im against picketing but i dont know how to show it"
SEAMAN
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Sep 26, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate,
That really really hurts!!!

SEAMAN
(watch southpark if you want to know how to say it)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Add To Favorites

Jump to: