FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

2006 obrien bilevel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parky
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just because its not a cassette bilevel doesn't mean it sucks.... most of you guys are saying all this stuff because its Obrien... so what if they are trying to get into the wakeskate industry...

even if there "just out for the money" what ever... that doesn't make it a bad skate...

but yes it might be huge and like chad told me it cracked when he stood on it but come on... chad is fat Laughing

jk buddy
Vance Collins

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnn!
RUSSIAN
Integrity Sheep

City: Where's my beer

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are the rubber stops there to keep it from breaking.

This is what happens when waterski companies get involved in something they know nothing about.

I know its been said a million times but, support the people that actually skate and give a rats ass about the "sport"
Vance Collins

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Obrien even have a wakeskater?
Mr. Top Hat
Dead

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvanPark wrote:
just because its not a cassette bilevel doesn't mean it sucks.... most of you guys are saying all this stuff because its Obrien... so what if they are trying to get into the wakeskate industry...

even if there "just out for the money" what ever... that doesn't make it a bad skate...

but yes it might be huge and like chad told me it cracked when he stood on it but come on... chad is fat Laughing

jk buddy

you would defend obrien...hippie. <3
Slapdown
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Austin

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... I wonder if the president of O'brien has a soul... Neutral
jer_d
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: vancouver, bc

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish the cassette bi's had rubber stoppers so that the waterlogged top wouldnt flex and hit the bottom deck and obsorb all the pop. plus I am certain that obrien is better with replacing skates and warrantying them then cassette is. My buddy tried to warranty his bilevel 4 months ago now.... still no skate. I agree with parky, you guys dont like it because it says obrien. And im sure the owners of Obrien know what they are doing when it comes to making skates, i would dought that they would just release a skate that they havnt tested and proven that it works ok. I could be wrong but im sure its not a bad skate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
chriscut
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jer_d wrote:
i dont think it would ride that bad, looks kinda cool. how long is that though? looks like they need to shorten it by 5 inches

Parky could probably loan you a hacksaw for that Wink

jk parky Smile

Nekkie
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Tahiti baby!

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Barcellos, hahaha, good one Smile

evan, did you send your prototype LF to them now that they are your sponsor, so they can make you a pro model Cool crooked 40"1/2 impulse Wink that be tight hehe

And I'm sorry but that deck is a big gimmick, look how huge it is. But then I wonder how the 2 decks are attached to each othere, that's where it all takes place, and we can't really see from the pics.

Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Leeds

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey chad is the OBrien skate attached in the same way the Cassette bi is with the fixing plates and all that as there seems to be a huge gap inbetween the two decks
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: orlando/winterpark

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobG, its hard to even tell, its got a big foam maxi pad and the bolts that hold the two together arfe hidden under a ply of some plastic stuff.

make no specs about it, the board is reCOCKulous. Obrien has no concave deck in their line up and their flats are gigantic.
the board cracked when i leen back on the tail, not when i stood on it.

i talked a bit with thomas and he just laughed about it and asked wat i thought.

aslo the new cassette bilevels will have seriel #'s on em, i woulkd think that will help in the fact of getting em replaced and help lil *C0CK*F*CKERS from trying to claim their bilevel broke and didnt even have one in the first place.
K'jellman
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Stockholm/Sweden

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it will be able to give as good pop as the cassette bi's since the rubber stoppers are put so far out on the nose and tail ends that the tail and nose probably won't be able to flex at all..

and by the way what are the measures of that board? it looks huge.. anyways.. it's good to see a new company that's trying to build bi-levels!

jalvemo
Ollie
Ollie

City: sthlm

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And maybe it won't brake.... Idea
Mr. Top Hat
Dead

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it will suck before it breaks.
senorbueno
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, not really interested in O'brien's products.

Anyone happen to check out any of the other booths besides O'briens? I'm curious as to what Cassette/Integrity/Omen/Kampus are bringing to the table for 06.

I know that some companies aren't releasing their new products yet, but I would like some type of coverage of the major ROCs.
jzwake
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

aslo the new cassette bilevels will have seriel #'s on em

the earlier ones have serials as well, at least my three top decks have. It only matters if they track the serials.

Quote:

i think it will suck before it breaks

Very Happy , yeah a 46in board that may weight 15lbs is a good deterant to keep you from acually using it.
PIRATE

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it I held it, it was a joke.
devotid
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: saginaw

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it needs to be about 46 inches shorter. literally.

i did this same thing to a composite bi level that we made here last year at devotid and it was exactly what Big Country said " a two story wakeskate. When you lean into your edging those " bump stops" do exactly that " they stop" that thing is as useful as a bag of broken hammers. though i have not ridden their model ours was identical.
We put stantions in the middle of the board to isolate movement to just the tails and it was solid but caused the tails to break and wear down much faster. The whole thing in a good bi-level is controled flex in certain areas. Which comes from construction and materials. Not by stealing rubber bumpers off of your moms trunk lid and screwing them to the bottom. Just my two cents.

p.s. not to poach on this thread but we are about 6-8 weeks from realeasing our new line of decks. 1 3D affordable wood 41" and a new composite hybrid top secret "thingy"( the top secret thing is not to make a bunch of people talk but i just dont have a real name for it yet). We are working on graphics and shipping supplies at the moment. WS.com will get one soon after for review

BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: orlando/winterpark

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

senorbueno, nothing, omen had a deck there and looked sick but that was it, integ wasnt there as was kampus not there. cassette had a booth but only two blank bi-levels and no one there.

gator was there, krooked has a new skate out, it the same as a collin wright, and oak, and LF and of course hyp was there
Mr. Top Hat
Dead

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devotid wrote:
p.s. not to poach on this thread but we are about 6-8 weeks from realeasing our new line of decks. 1 3D affordable wood 41" and a new composite hybrid top secret "thingy"( the top secret thing is not to make a bunch of people talk but i just dont have a real name for it yet).

i will now call the top secret thing the jim jim and urge you to do the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Add To Favorites

Jump to: