FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Which Skate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2003 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally (onthewater)...

Anyway, I'll put in my last piece on this thread. First of all, yes, all companies are interested in turning a profit. It is this profit that allows you to be creative and to continue to turn your ideas into something tangible. Some people have their heart in it, some don't, that's all I'm saying.

As for Lf and Cassette being the same thing, they weren't. Cassette had a deal where LF would help distribute their decks (which did help cassette out a ton, there's no question about that) and I do know that scott crumrine(sp) from LF helped out a bit with some wakeskate stuff (I think he had something to do with the concave). Anyway, cassette was making true wakeskates long before LF had any interest in it--unless you call the sponge legit. I still don't think that makes it right to use everything cassette brought to the table to keep their foot in the wakeskate market.

On a similar note, if wakeskates will all look the same in five years, shouldn't the companies be experimenting now to find something that will really work, rather than leaching off of each other so early in the game? I forgot who said this and I'm not trying to start a fight (sorry, it was frye), I'm just bringing in my point of view. If all wakeskates will look the same at some point, it shouldn't be four to six years after they were first produced. I should think the major players that really care would be trying to develop their own revolutionary technology to claim...much like wakeboarding, actually. All wakeboards don't look the same right now. Yeah, it seems like some designs stand the test of time more than others, but they're all fiddling right now, trying to find the hottest, latest technology to claim. (flow through technology anyone? It's just an example...) I think that there will be differences between wakeskates. Right now, some like wood, some like compressed foam, some like schmaltz's secret soy sauce and right now, mutiny is making it look like it's what's on the inside that counts. Wakeskate development is young right now and interestingly enough, it really has come a long way (think back to the aforementioned sponge, FWT, or the "waterskate.") It's way too early for all of them to be looking the same because there are so many things that can be toyed with--remember, water is ever changing. So, where's the beef? Right there my friends, right there....

Lastly, Parky, people just want you to type your stuff out because sometimes it's hard to read. It's not like we don't have a sense of humor or anything. It's nothing personal, it's all grammar....

Until next time....

greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onthewater, i was saying that there have been a lot of arguement that are very similar to this one and its getting old.

and i doubt wakeskates will ever be the same shape.

freerider4
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do we not make such a big deal about skateboard decks being the same. after a while wakeskates will be just like skateboarding probably where every thing pretty much looks the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Add To Favorites

Jump to: