FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Bi-Level OR Integrity
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cubby The Shiz
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: May 30, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Bi-Level OR Integrity Reply with quote

Alright I have a delema...I love cassette and thats the only company I have bought. I have the 03 4 trac and I loved it when I first got it since it was a huge leap from a the 44 in. flat deck I previously had. but now I wanted to buy the Bi lev for this summer but after hearing sooo much about integrity boards I really want to try one out. My friend has a the 04 byerly and I don't like it at all so Im definately not taking the hyperlite route. Im pretty set on the 05 bi lev or some 05 integrity board. so someone please set me in the right direction.
wakemitch
Frontside Bigspin

City: Yay Area

PostPosted: May 30, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cubby The Shiz, i doubt you will be able to get a bi this year. the shop i ordered one through said that i wont be able to get it this year and they gave me my money back. im going to get an 05 team integ now
G-squadriderz
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Walnut Creek/NOR*CAL

PostPosted: May 30, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get them online from buywake and wakeside soo i dont know what u guys are talking about.
Nekkie
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Tahiti baby!

PostPosted: May 30, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tough subject.... Razz

I used to think I had more pop with the bi.... but after like 10 pulls on the lemons i'm poping stuff like I never did before. check the topic pics from tahiti for pics Wink

anyway, both are great deck, but coming by a bi that wont crack in 10 rides is like wining the lottery it seems Sad I love cassette and love the bi, but it's not that much better than a lemons, if any... Rolling Eyes

cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: May 31, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cubby, this sounds stupid but you really have to figure out what you're looking for in a deck. When people compare the bi-level vs. integrity, the main thing they mention is pop. Regardless of who you are, it takes talent to really benefit and truly pop a wakeskate like aaron reed or ryan lemons. Based on my experience and the comments of others, I don't think you'll lose with either deck in that respect.

However, both decks have different characteristics that may appeal to you on a different level. As an example, the bi-level has a very unique design which makes it the closest thing to riding a skateboard on the water (in my opinion). That top deck has some really nice kicktails and concave, and your feet just feel like they belong. And when you ollie it, the deck literally feels like it's alive. I can't honestly say that I ollied two feet higher than normal, but the feeling is like nothing I"ve personally experienced.

The integrity has a very different top shape that has been well received by many. I would say the most notable aspect about the top of an integrity is the pre-kicks, which a lot of people liked. They didn't work out the best for me, but I am not representative of the entire wakeskate community, so it's just one opinion. Like I said, lots of people still dig it.

Finally, it's worthy to note that both decks can be customized in different ways. Cassette is still trying to play catch-up after an unfortunate batch of decks, but eventually you'll be able to buy replacement parts for your bi-level, so it will be just like having a new deck. (I guess the top decks will be about 100.00 each.)

Integrity's have re-shapable edges, so you can change how it sits in the water.

Honestly, it's like comparing apples to oranges. Some will respond well to one deck, while others will respond to the other. If you can, I'd seriously try to ride each deck before you buy them. I know I've been wrong in trying to predict the ride of a wakeskate or two, and just "expecting" that it will be ill. And the decks actually "feel" different so you seriously need to experience it to understand it.

Finally, it's obvious a cassette won't last forever--it's written in the instruction manual (which is some reasoning for the replacement parts). You have to understand that these board designers are coming from different places and different inspirations. If you can't dig on thomas' skate inspiration, then so be it. Just know that that's what drives a lot of his ideas, but he's still not afraid to improve upon such ideas while not compromising the intended performance of the deck. (what?)

Anyway, good luck. I'm sure you'll figure out what's best for YOU and either way, you'll have a nice deck to ride.

Nekkie
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Tahiti baby!

PostPosted: May 31, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, electricsnow just typed what I meant to say Very Happy Very Happy

lol

Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: May 31, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you plan on getting a bi-level now. I would wait a little, I feel its the best board but thomas is fixing the boards with the right marine sealent. If you want a board right now go with the integrity.
PIRATE

PostPosted: May 31, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THINK you know what im going to say.
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: May 31, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cubby the shiz, if you're serious about getting a bi-level, there are some on ebay right now.
mikeskatesonwater

PostPosted: May 31, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm yeah lemons all the way... I got mine its soo sweet. its a 41 but its the perfect size and weight for flip tricks and great for wake to wake.
gate-rider
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: May 31, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would defintly say get an 05 Integrity there much better quality it wil laskt you longer then the Bi Level much longer and also it has a much better ride and also the bi levels break easly and the Integrity boards ride much nicer/ better teh the Bi-Level

Ancient Chinese Proverb: " Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish ,feed him for life"
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: May 31, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im with esnow its all personal preferance. Some cant skate anyhting but the bi-level, but some swear on the integs. *couhg pirate cough* and wouldnt ride another skate if there life depended on it. You are gunna get 2 totaly different boards from the Interity and the Bi-Level, what reall matters is how u skate them. If u looking for a board that will last a long time. Id say the Lemons. But dont totaly disreguard the bi-level b-cuz it may snap... cuz im sure its amazing board and like esnow said... it will pop u 2 feet higher then anything uve ever popped.
frawley
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: pickering

PostPosted: May 31, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow wrote:

I can't honestly say that I ollied two feet higher than normal, but the feeling is like nothing I"ve personally experienced.

can't! she said can't! Laughing
numb
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: silver lake

PostPosted: May 31, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent ridin the bi-level so i cant compare.... but i rode the lemons deck and yes, it has some serious pop, but the weighting in the board makes it spin and flip so much smoother, the pre kick concaves make the deck feel alot like a skate and give you more control on ollies and stuff, the weight it self, not how it is layed out, is perfect i think, the board never floats away from you, but you dont feel like your ollieing a cinder block either. I hope this helps and i dont want people taking this as me being a crazy integ supporter or anything.... this is what i honestly think about the board.
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: May 31, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if you ask the cassette guys, they'll say that there's a lot more to the bi-level than its pop. Yeah, the flex in the top deck feels really, really good, the shape is perfect, and I"m totally stoked on the bi-level, weight and all (It was nice to actually be able to feel the deck when I caught it on a shoveit). Again, regardless of which deck you ride, talent is what's going to make you ollie high. Yes, there's no doubt that technology can help a rider, but it doesn't make the rider. How high did aaron reed ollie on that old cassette concave? And how many people could actually do that on today's boards? Plus, timmy beat everyone with neither an integrity nor a bi-level.

If it's pop you're looking for, both boards will deliver. But both will ride differently and it's really what YOU"RE looking for in a board (sorry to be redundant).

And I have to say, I don't think the pre kicks make the deck feel like a skateboard at all. But It's certainly a unique idea.

Anyway, it really does come down to personal preference, and people need to realize that. Just because I don't like one skate doesn't mean that the next guy will feel the same way. Anyway, I hope you find something you like. good luck.

twenty7
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Lake Havasu City

PostPosted: May 31, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a bi-lev...actually...i have two! first ones in a corner of my room delamed. the second one is in the process of delaming. I VOTE INTEG. that will be my next board for sure. (pirate and grouch sold me)

www.Sattelyte.com Sattelyte Wakeskates
www.Connect928.com Connect Clothing
numb
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: silver lake

PostPosted: May 31, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pre kicks make it feel like a skateboard because it leaves a flat surface for you to ollie with, and it keeps your foot in place like on a skate deck. my opinion of course.... and what e-snow said, it is about the rider not the deck, reed can hit those huge inside out ollies and re-entry sh*t. but i have also seen other people get just as high on an integ... after everything i have heard about the bi i would have to say they are both great boards..... but if you want to know which one you like, ride them befor you buy them Smile
Greg T
Skeezer

City: ohio

PostPosted: May 31, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, you should save that first post you had on here to your computer and then just copy and paste it every time this topic comes up.
beasoldierprstn
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: melbourne (not australian one)

PostPosted: May 31, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the bi-level, and have ridden it about 20 times in the last month. it still isnt delaminating, and it rides awesome. it was a big jump for me from the cassette 42 flat deck. the pop is HUGE on the bi-level and the fins (yes i ride with fins) release quickly, but hold when you dont want to switch stance. i really like the bi-level! i have never ridden any integ. boards though.
electricsnow
cassette

PostPosted: May 31, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg t, I'm considering it... Wink

twenty7, I think it's been established that the first batch of bi-levels was iffy and they straight up won't last forever. As it stands, to each his own...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Add To Favorites

Jump to: