FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Plagiarism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt_French

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Plagiarism Reply with quote

So...I wrote a paper about a month ago on John Rawls' theory of 'Justice as Fairness.' Today...the prof was returning all of the papers. She doesn't know who any of the students are...so she was just standing at the front of the room calling out our names (so when we heard our name called we had to go get out paper). I waited for about 15 minutes of this process before I finally heard "Matthew French." So I went to go grab my paper...and right before she hands it to me...she was like..."wait a minute, I’d like you to stay after class." and she kept my paper and continued handing out the other papers. I was like a jeez...what now?

So after about another 20 minutes of waiting...she finally takes me out into the hallway...and tells me that the TA was suspicious of my work...In particular my main theory and supporting examples...she wanted to know where they were from. I couldn't believe it! The thing that is really frustrating is the fact that I didn’t plagiarize anything. It was all Matt French original. So after about 10 minutes of explaining myslef...she finally decided that I was innocent, and let me on my way.

Moral of the story: dumb down, and reduce the quality of your work to avoid being accused of plagiarism.
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Moral of the story: dumb down, and reduce the quality of your work to avoid being accused of plagiarism."

i dont have to worry about that, i couldnt write a good paper if my life depended on it.. and it does...
TTUFAN24
Something Clever

City: HOUSTON

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plagiarism got me through college. god bless the copy and paste, internet, and lacjk of motivation. i have a very hard communications degree from an ivy league school called texas tech. GO RAIDERS
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt_French, been there man, find out who the GOOD teachers are and then it happens less, but it still happens, also get teachers without student graders, student graders are ingorant and think anybody smarter than them is cheating (dumb asses ugh)
masi
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Deerfield Beach

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate when tht happens. they blam u cuz u never get a 100% but the smart kids always plagurise and never get in trobule. ooooo today i almost got suspended for tellin him to model for gay pron cuz he is the biggest loser evur. lol Rolling Eyes Very Happy
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Northern VA

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who or what are you talking about AndrewMasi1234
s34n
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Charleston Lake

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

they blam u cuz u never get a 100% but the smart kids always plagurise and never get in trobule. ooooo today i almost got suspended for tellin him to model for gay pron cuz he is the biggest loser evur.

I think someone could easily tell when you plagiarise after seeing how you type. It wouldn't be too hard to pick out...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mr. Top Hat
Dead

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i plagiarized a paper once and got caught because apparently it wasnt as good as all my other papers so the teacher ran a check on the paper. damn anti cheating computer programs.
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, you scared me. I thought you got busted for plagiarism (sp) and I was like, his college career is over.

I saw this thing on 20/20 how plaigarism is becoming more common because of the demands kids feel and the idea that they have to perform. These were high school kids though, but the idea is still applicable because they'll be going to college...

TYLER**
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: baton rouge

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plagiarism(sp) isnt what it used to be.....it used to be if a teacher told you to take notes on research it was look up stuff on the internet and write it by hand. now...

"research and take notes"= copy and paste internet to word

and this is being more accepted......i dont really know where im goin wit this, this post is useless, i have mono and im completely out of it. I think i had a good point but i lost it. w/e
Morphine
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: 706omg

PostPosted: Mar 02, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, I get accused of plagiarism a lot. Write a good paper and they don't congratulate you, they accuse you.
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Mar 02, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morphine, yeah I hate that shizzle
scott a
"a" is for angel

PostPosted: Mar 02, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheating/plagarization is an art...

and not to point fingers, but i doubt it would be too difficult to notice when some of you cheat considering the fact that you cant create coherent thoughts or use correct grammer in the first place.

Greg T
Skeezer

City: ohio

PostPosted: Mar 02, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott a, you're probably right. Cause I know write the same way on this board as i do when i write a paper... Rolling Eyes
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Northern VA

PostPosted: Mar 02, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spellcheck!!!! microsoft needs to come out with a Plaigairism check so you can make sure its cool before you turn it in. although that would suck for those of you who do plaigarize.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Non-Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: