FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Election Time
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Site Suggestions/Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy ross
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: San Marcos

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Election Time Reply with quote

i think every year we should take one big vote for a couple of guys to be moderators.... and i think its about time to have the vote
SleuCrew
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Oak Grove

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, instead of all these bulljive posts of people pissing and moaning about crap. the mods just need to start to delete posts so they dont get the chance to start a pissing contest.

Its time for a change of things around here and i hope Dave will welcome it.

andy ross
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who would be the candidates that should run for moderator ?
freerider4
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there should be something saying they need to have been a member for a certain amount of time.
andy ross
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freerider4, i disagree with that part because some people havent been here very long and there still as cool as other people
SleuCrew
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont care who it is really, i think i needs to be someone who has been around for a little while and knows the people here. other than that somebody that will have the nuts to delete a post when need be, not just make a comment about it.
SleuCrew
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell i will nominate myself, any post that is in the direction of a fight or starting one i will just delete.

Some seriousl clean up needs to be done around here.

I would almost reccomend wiping out the board and giving it a fresh start... accept for the things that are really important to the site like informative topics.

Dave what do you think??

el
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: The Sea

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of stuff that I like to go and look back on, like that scene from that movie "The Time Machine", which was nothing like the book it was made off... the dude is like a few million years in the future and sees all the old wreckage of a library and the computer that still works... I guess what I'm saying is that we shouldn't delete where we have come from, just the direction that we are headed in Laughing
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El, i do agree that there are alot of things worthy keeping but i think there is alot of crap that should just go away.
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Northern VA

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont get your panties in a bunch.
colorless
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's completely up to Dave. Dave knows who is best and who isn't. He and his mod team can figure it out. The community would just pick the 'coolest' person or something, not the most fitting....so to say.
Not a terribly bad idea though.

parky
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we already have mods we dont need anymore at this time...

its all up to dave, not other ppl

think about it, if anyone just voted people will vote as a joke for ppl like iloveareed (no affence, just using you as an example)
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, things get touchy every winter, it's just that simple. And you can never win on here either--either we delete too many posts or we dont' delete enough, or we split too many threads, etc. I personally don't warn anyone about a crappy post--if it's offensive or off topic, I'll either delete it or split it (although now I'm leaning more towards deleting everything, instead of splitting it). But I do believe in freedom of speech, so I try to stay out of most conversations, unless they're completely out of hand or useless to the thread they were so thoughtlessly posted under. And you have to take into consideration the demographic you're dealing with on here. Sleu crew, you seem like you're older so I think I know where you're coming from, as far as post content goes.

And I will say this right now: it's easier said than done. As kento how he feels about moderating and the duty now that he actually has to do it.

So here's a fair warning--think about what you're going to post before you post it. If it's off topic or offensive, you can "can it", start a new thread, or IM your buds and show off your sick sense of humor. shred the gnar...

SleuCrew
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvanPark, no offense, but i really havent seen you do anything as a mod accept tell me to change my avitar cause you think its offensive... it seems like more of a power trip for you to be a mod on this site, and if there was a vote and im not trying to pick on you here... but i think you know just as well as anybody else that you wouldint be a mod for much longer.

electricsnow, I totally understand where you are coming from believe me, but IMO some drastic measures need to be taken, alot of people used to love this site now all i hear is people talking shizzle about it because of how it has gone downhill so bad. And i havent been here for that long but i have seen a huge change and its deffenitly not for the better.

And yes thank you for pointing out that i am old Rolling Eyes HaHa j/k Very Happy

el
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: The Sea

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What SleuCrew said.
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SleuCrew, thats the point, your not really supposted to see anything we do, thats the point... we are here to keep the peace, weither it is to deleted topics, split them or delete bad posts.... you ask me and kento to delete that one dudes post so instead I just moved them all into a diferent topic... and about your avatar I was just kidding I just said it was nasty Laughing
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know what is so different now and why everyone keeps saying how things have gone downhill. Can someone explain this to me?

As for the mods, I just appointed 4 new mods within the last two months. So far, they are doing a good job, so I see not reason to replace them at the moment.

If the message boards have "gone downhill", it is not the moderator's faults. There is actually less moderation now then there was before because I have slacked off on it. I used to moderator A LOT harder. Maybe that's what the problem is? Maybe too much garbage is allowed now?
colorless
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that could be some of it Dave, that you aren't moderating enough. There is too much garbage I think, too much non-sene. That is why I suggested the sewer forum thing. People should be allowed to have fun and joke in threads, but there should be a place to keep the forums in order.
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the mods are doing a fine job? i dont see what there problems are what are they doing wrong guys? and SleuCrew that avatar is retarded, u like lookin at guys in tight spandex? i think u shoudl change it... it kinda homo.
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleu crew, I'm older too. But think about things on the flip side: how many people on here complain because of how the wakeworld forums are? A number of people complain that their posts get deleted or their IP's are getting blocked...

If we overmoderated, you can bet that we'd be hearing about it, and We'd still have people saying that they're leaving. Honestly, I don't think the general forum looks bad. I do come on the site every day and I read just about every post (even though I don't respond to every post that has my name in it), but I can't spend 20 hours on here. I have work, school, and outside projects that are being done to benefit everyone...

And in a way, some of this doesn't make sense (unless I'm missing something). People complain about the crap on here so they want a sewer forum, but that's basically what the non-wake forum is (and where the most meaningless posts end up). Honestly, it's a public forum and there are just some things we can't keep up. Dave would be able to explain it better than I, but part of it has to do with young kids and if they stumbled upon something inappropriate--then dave's the one that's responsible and liable for it.

Oh, and sleu crew's avatar makes me laugh Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Site Suggestions/Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: