FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

I would like to be brutally honest here...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Site Suggestions/Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
el
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: The Sea

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: I would like to be brutally honest here... Reply with quote

Before starting off, this is with all due respect to Dave and the moderators... but it seems like the new moderators have been troublesome to this board. Some have been cool, but there are a few who seem to be causing problems. Again this isn't a call out or anything, I'm just noting from observation, that a few moderators, such as a younger one, have had negative attention on them before they were mods, and them being mods now has caused even more problems.

A LOT of people are talking about this (lots of this --->Cussing), even though you don't see it here. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there should be a serious review of a few of the moderators and how effectively they are taking care of/affecting this community. I want to leave it at that...

Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

el, woooooooooooord
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand what exaclty are the mods doing wrong? what are they are they doing that is hurting the community?
Morphine
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: 706omg

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quit blaming the new mods for everything. We're like 4 members of the community. We can't singlehandedly be destroying the board by being here.

If you want to change things, talk to the other 1000 something users. All we do is keep the peace.
parky
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

el, find some links where we have been destroying the forums? other than that one topic between me, vance and ryan

go ride or carpet board or something, it seems like you dont anything else better to do than blame ppl for nothing
ThomasNguyen
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Austin

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Quit blaming the new mods for everything. We're like 4 members of the community. We can't singlehandedly be destroying the board by being here.

Not picking sides, cause I hardly view the forums, but some would argue that Bush, Ashcroft, Cheney, and Rumsfeld single-handedly destroyed America.

They say the recipe for sprite is lemon and lime; I tried making that at home, there's more to it than that! "Want some more homemade sprite?" "Not till you figure out what else is in it!" (Edited for you little guys.)
el
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parky, unfortunately, I am losing my cool here... I respect your postition as a moderator, but I have zero respect for the way you carry out your duties. You have that air about you, that many people are calling a power trip. There's a Bruce Springstein song/quote about this sort of thing, the kind of people who grow up to be cops...

I don't have anything else better to be doing? Do I really spend that much time bothering you guys? I spent probably five minutes on this topic at best... Hardly enough time to go carpetboarding. Your pithy comment only sharpens my point. I sincerely feel like you are not mature enough to be a moderator, that is my opinion, love it or leave it.

Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

el, im not trying to agrue here.... but one question, y did you bring this up right now, I havn't been on the site very much and I havn't seen kento, morphine or headhunter on either... so what did we do to make you loss your cool
xboard32x
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it has gotten better which is nice.
Morphine
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: 706omg

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThomasNguyen, those 4 men combined have enough power to bypass the checks and balances system of our government, us 4 combined have enough power to edit 4 posts at the same time, woo hoo.
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvanPark, dont make smart ass remarks back, b/c you are in a position of power you cant antagonize people(albiet some people can push you to the breaking point)

el, xboard32x, as far as us, you guys need to make the connection between our so called "over moderating" and the fact that it's winter, and peole are being more or less jerks, so we as moderators have to do more, and form what I have observed, peole DONT respect Evan as a mod, I dont agree with some of the descisions he's made, and he and I have had our differences, but if you talk to him calmly and reasonably, he is ofetn times more than happy to apologize, and fix the problem, but people on this board are constantly calling him out and saying obnoxious crap that I know I wouldn't tolerate for a minute, so perhaps many of you are reaping what you sew to coin a phrase, and whats reall yfunny is alot of the crap that has been pinned on us that we "overreacted" to wasn't eliminated by us, but rather Dave and E-snow, I think you should put alot more though into this issue before you villify the members of the mod-team, but hey thats just my perspective

ThomasNguyen, thats completely irrellavent to this site, mainly b/c it's a poor analogy, we are all subject to Dave, so our checks and balances work!!

BTW the reason people dot see me here much is I have chosen to hide my online status, a tool I learned from another more expierienced mod

el
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say, today and yesterday have been pretty chill for the most part... my complaints were that it seemed to me, according to what other people have told me and various things that I have seen, it seems like a few of you (not all of you, I've even personally messaged a few of you on the subject...) were mischievious posters like many of us, only with moderating powers. I'll leave it at this- I've calmed down a little bit, as has the rest of this board, and that could be thanks to you mods. I want to end my complaining with this- keep doing a good job and I'll eat my words and shut up. Simple as that... sound agreeable? Can we have a group hug?
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Northern VA

PostPosted: Feb 05, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

headhunter is a mod now?
colorless
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Feb 05, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the same thing seven.
Cool that you ended it el, wait to be a 'man' about it.
Kento, the "." (period key) is less than 1/16 of an inch away from the comma, think you could hit that once in awhile? Razz Not that we all use good english around here, cause no one does. Smash

parky
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Feb 05, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seven11dmd, yes, you guys just dont know yet Wink

sorry chad had to give you up sometime
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Feb 05, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no.
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Feb 05, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

el,
In the future, you should contact me if you have problems wiith any of the moderators.

EvanPark,

Quote:
go ride or carpet board or something, it seems like you dont anything else better to do than blame ppl for nothing

You only make things worse by replying with commnets like that. You should be asking what could be done to make things better. Insulting someone only ads fuel to the fire.
skatethewake247
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: nova

PostPosted: Feb 06, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kento, did u mean to put a period after "no"? if so, i thot it was pretty damn funny
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Feb 06, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate it when people add fuel to the fire.... parky thats y alot people are agiated by u, u make stupid remarks like taht, and dude, u ride a carpet board alot 2.. remember, uve made a video havnt u hehe... jsut be cool parky.
el
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Feb 06, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my words will taste better with ketchup. Thanks for listening and replying honestly friends. Who wants to ride bikes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Site Suggestions/Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: