FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Retailers Pulling Bilevels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Top Hat
Dead

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i treat my stuff like sh*t. i also ride a hyperlite so it kinda cancels itself out.
SleuCrew
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Oak Grove

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of these problems are bound to happen, and its no suprise me to me... anytime you have the first revision of a product there is problems. It really comes down to how cassette handles the warranty on these decks, im pretty confident that Thomas will take care of any real issues, but abuse is abuse plain and simple. and abuse is not part of a warranty. Hopefully this problem dosent hurt cassette too bad because i dont think they will make it through another year like the past.

if you have a problem contact cassette when it first happens and im sure they will be more than willing to help you.

Shuvit720
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Stokesdale

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope no of this is true, i wanted a cassette so bad last year and had to settle for a LF concave. Cassette cannot have a year like 2004. Has anyone ever had a problem with integrity board?
itch
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Battle Creek

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shuvit did you read the whole thread?
No Integrity doesn't have these problems becasue Erich takes his time and tests every possiablity the tests some more plus he wont produce many there for he can wait till the process is perfect.

I too have wondered how these decks are being treated, I have had one of the originals and another flat then a concave and none of mine have had a problem the original even was missing a ply in the corner with no sealeant and still did not get water logged or delam
itch

www.integrity-wake.com
www.cdifins.com
Shuvit720
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Stokesdale

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then why can't thomas do the same thing as Erich and make sure everything is perfect b4 letting the skates on the market?
s34n
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Charleston Lake

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shuvit720, wood is very different. You really cannot compare Integrity and Cassette. It's not the same thing...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nick_Sh
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Legler, No actually I spoke with someone at the atlanta boat show and yes there have been many returns.
SleuCrew
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S34n is correct, working with wood can be very difficult... its a proven fact that wood will not last forever in the water.

Shuvit.... Cassette is doing much more mass production than erich there for it is a little harder to work on quality control.

IMO wood is still the best thing for a skate just for the sheer fact of how it responds and the flex vs. snap or pop capabilities... but so far no one has been able to make a sealant that will last forever, and after hitting enough rails you will wear through that sealant.

I believe we have found a great solution, to this problem... so far we have not had a single deck delam and i have had one soaking in and out of my pool for a few months now... Once our decks are released our secret will be out, but i have spent a ton of time trying to create a great "affordable" wood deck that will out-last other wood decks on the market.

There will be more info on our decks in due time... and rest assured Dave will be getting a finished product to do a review on once we have everything sorted out for the final products.

G-squadriderz
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Walnut Creek/NOR*CAL

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A funny thing to add to the retailers pulling bi-levels is that buywake isnt selling them right now and before the were and wakeside hasnt put up any cassette products to sell. And i know u guys will say boardstop and i know
Greg T
Skeezer

City: ohio

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what company are you with again?
G-squadriderz
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Walnut Creek/NOR*CAL

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg T, me
CABLERIDER
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: lighthouse point

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about the sealant on the hyperlite roam wakeboard isnt that wood i havent heard of any problems with that board
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have sold a pretty good bit of bi-levels at Boardstop. So far, we have had one person contact us about a deck that was splitting and Thomas took care of it. I hope I don't jinx us now, but that is how it has gone so far. I just wanted to post this to hopefully help show the percentages.

I know for sure that two of the guys that have posted on this topic purchased their bi-levels from Boardstop.
Greg T
Skeezer

City: ohio

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-squadriderz, no, SleuCrew

my bad
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all you little bi level people when it breaks need to call cassette, see how cassette treats you(which will be good), then after you get your new board you can have a whole story to tell instead of
"oh joe shmo at so and so's board shop said they sent a letter over to ambush that said do you like bi-levels check YES or NO, and so like they totally checked NO so now they are pulling bi levels, b/c they are tottaly like busted OMG can you belive it at least thats what I heard" Rolling Eyes
AAAAAARRRGGGHHH sometimes it's like damned middle school here, I would just like to say something I've really avoided, all you little brand whores out there think Im a Hyperlite guy ooohhhh noooooo, I am a wakeskating guy, I support everybody, anybody, that supports wakeskating, thats why when I go back to work this week, I am going to Email Itch our shop info so we can try and get cassette in despite all this rediculous clucking going on. crap like this is just contributing to negativity, until you have a verifiable fact shut it

:::BTW this is my opinion as a person, not a moderator this does not necciarily reflect the sites opinion:::

SleuCrew
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, We have been in the process of riding our samples for a year now to make sure that our decks are top quality. The Brand will be called OMEN Wakeskates, we have stayed pretty hush hush about things untill we have everything dialed out. Now we are in the phase of finishing our finances to make sure that we will be able make our products worldwide and hopefully in the majority of core shops all over the us.

The company is owned and operated by myself and Andy Wolf, aka the owner of Premier Snowskates. We are a seprate compnay from Premier and have no real association with Premier, But i can promise that we will have what we truly believe to be the highest quality wakeskates on the market, and will continue the tradition of Premier in having a great product and standing by it 100%

Kento... i agree with you 100% Thomas has been a friend for a long time and knowing him personaly i can say that i believe that he will take care of this problem to the best of his ability.

I just hope for the sake of Cassette that this problem dosent get out of hand, cause these are the things that can send any business into chapter eleven.

FollowTheReaper
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my board delammed aswell..........i fixed it myself though. Cassette has too many supporters to just fold....ive never bought anything else, dont think i ever will! shred the gnar till there is no gnar left the shred, then shred some more! ride wood, its good!
parky
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FollowTheReaper wrote:
shred the gnar till there is no gnar left the shred, then shred some more! ride wood, its good!

FollowTheReaper, hahaha I have to use that in my sig!!!!
itch
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Battle Creek

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleu good to hear things are moving in the right direction, keep me informed I look forward to see your ideas progression is always positive.
itch

www.integrity-wake.com
www.cdifins.com
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SleuCrew, wuuuuuurrrddd, like I said before, Cassette has too much good karma in this industry for that to happen IMO, and I think time will tell this is mostly hype, and the bi-levs are just fine, BTW Im pretty anxious to see what you got brewing, deffinately keep us updated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: