FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

WINCH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wsrjosh
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: WINCH Reply with quote

hey guys whats up. im new with this site but i wanted to find out about buying a winch. i looked around some on here but couldnt figure out whats up. me and some buddies would be buying it and half of us wakeskate and the other half wakeboard ranging from 150 lb riders to 220 lb riders. we really need one though cuz we got so many sick places in town to ride in los angeles and the river basins and just so many places. we want something that could pull the 220 lb rider up to like 30 mph for wakeboarding and golf course gaps and stuff and also itd be sick if you could have like 1000 feet of rope. also i was curious about hyperlites version of the bilevel. my buddy was saying thier making it like the bilevel from truck to truck it would be like a hard wakeboard type material then it turns into the snappy wood from the roam wakeboard on the tip and tail. i just thought that sounded cool like snappy snowskates are and supposedly you can get alot of pop. also a buddy told me hyperlite is coming out with inflatable pools this year for winch and urban riding.
integrity640
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Ocala

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah in their catalog(hyperlite) theyre comin out with sumthin in 06 called the fly box which is a pool. ive never heard of any hyperlite bilevels, but u never know.god luck on the winch. u oughta private message kento911 about winch stuff.

AnchorsAwayWake <======check it
TTUFAN24
Something Clever

City: HOUSTON

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wsrjosh, search the site for over 1000 topics about winches. the "kento911" model is due out soon
TTUFAN24
Something Clever

City: HOUSTON

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hyperlite640, what is the fly box? i looked on the hyperlite website and couldn't find anything about it?
skatethewake
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Issaquah

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40 foot long and 3 foot wide inflatable pool for gaps and cool starts
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTUFAN24, it's only in their hard catalogue, it's a portable semihard inflatable pool, well, just about anything you could do with such an Item they are going to run close to 800 I belive, probably more

BTWwsrjosh, I am currnetly building my winch, and I have set a tenatve completiondate for the prototype for feb1st, now I promised my number one winch to a guy on here who has been really supportive of me, and has been willing to fork oout the dough since it was just an idea, so #1 still goes to DVS805 if he's still interested, but Ill extend the same offer to you that I do everyone who wants a winch, when it's done come on down ride behind it see what you think, see if it's what you want, Im sure you wont be dissapointed, as of right now, I feel it is the leading edge design, but there are some good competitors out there, There is a guy on here called woodisbest! and he is also a winch builder, and I know his last design was pretty good, but IDK what he has planned for the future, but any info you need on my winch can be pretty much gotten through the Winch Epiphany topic, and after you've c followed my progression there if you still have questions feel free to contact me by PM

Woodisbest!
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our towing device is ready. We have been working out the marketing and regulation details since last August. It will be available to general public in April! Price and related website will be annouce in due time. (Big up to Kento for going at it too on his own! his winch looks promising)
catalyst112
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: fountain valley

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

about the winches...aaron said that cassette might not continue developing them due to the liability, however, kampus is supposedly coming out with something.
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodisbest!, WOW!!!, Good to hear, have you made any improvements over the one Kampus was using?? Sounds like it's just you and me now eh?? Im assuming your associted with Kampus still, and catalyst112, has accurate info?? I guess Rewind is no longer a competitor, although from what I've heard of your winch from Lief and, what I've heard of Rewind's from outside sources, and what I know of my design, I don't really think they ever were, but hey somebody alway has to start the fire right???
Woodisbest!
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep we are sheduled for an event in Europe in Spring in a indoor pool that should have 10 k visitors. We are stoked! Very Happy
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds bitchin' are you going to try and post some vid, or is it being shot for a video?
Woodisbest!
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kento911 wrote:
sounds bitchin' are you going to try and post some vid, or is it being shot for a video?

Well it is going to be in a main European city, in indoor arena with the best Europeans wakeboarders and wakeskaters, rails, kickers and the whole lot . TV and other media will be present! I ll send all the info to Dave once its wraped up.
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodisbest!, coolio, I look forward to seeing it
Woodisbest!
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Good to hear, have you made any improvements over the one Kampus was using??

OH ya! The machine we are now using has close to nothing to do with the demo model we brought over to Cali last year! It is like comparing a Neon with a Viper.

kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodisbest! wrote:
OH ya! The machine we are now using has close to nothing to do with the demo model we brought over to Cali last year! It is like comparing a Neon with a Viper.

all I have to say is Twisted Evil muh hahahahaha ::evil laughter:: now you've got me practically drooling, I can't wait to see it in action man

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: