FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

decent longboards for carving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Other Boardsports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Northern VA

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: decent longboards for carving Reply with quote

My friend recently got a carvestik, and so we have been going out all the time on that and his old longboard (our campus is super hilly). Its so much freakin fun. anyways I have started to look aat maybe getting a board for myself. I have been looking at the Loaded boards, specifically the Pintail. Anyways can anyone reccommend a board that can carve real well but also good for cruising? I would like something that can carve as nice as his carvestik but i dont wanna be gay and get the same board.
Slyder
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Punta Gorda/Tallahassee

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly are you looking for? If you want a good downhill cruizer (even though it's pretty expensive) try a Carveboard. They're made to simulate the feel of surfing/snowboarding and are a helluva lot of fun. Something basic you could go with is a Sector 9 longboard. Sector 9 is just your basic big skateboard but they're pretty nice.
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what a carvestik is, it just has the normal wheels instead of those huge ass ones, i want something that can carve just as nice, but maybe not as pricey
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: orlando/winterpark

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres a company i saw at expo called original that had some nice stuff. also there was carveboard there and they had their small wheel cruiser that was sick. check out these trucks that i believe are called siezmic(spl???) they have tiny springs instead of bushings. best normal style trucks ever. you can put em on a normal short board and on a long board they are awsome
skatethewake
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: Issaquah

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should look at the Sector 9 Bomb Hills board. I have one, and it is freikin AWESOME. make sure you get Randal II trucks, which are amazing for carving because they have an angled kingpin, but are also great for cruising.

You could also get the Luke Nosewalker, which is Sector 9's biggest board and more for pure cruising and nose riding. it is huge.

A shoreter Sector 9 is the Outrigger (formerly called the Tropics), which carves well, but is closer to a slalom board. I want one.

Carveboards are sick-nasty, but expensive and more difficult to use while pumping on flat land (not as good for campus life).

Whatever you get, make sure you have Randal II's (unless its a carveboard) and good bearings and wheels that are not too hard.

BUY YOUR SECTOR 9s ON EBAY... I bought my Bomb Hills for 80 brand new w/ Randal IIs and it retails for 140. There are tons of good deals.

more later...

seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah im looking for something that carves real well, i guess a slalom board? im not up with this shite, but i dont wanna just go straight downhill, i wanna carve that shite. anyways everything i read about sector9 says they are junk, are u sure they are nice?
skatethewake
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my longboard was a woman, she would be the hottest woman in the world. People would bow to her.

I just plain love my board. I used to ride a Kryptonics Resinflex, which is comparable to a 2X4 as a wakeskate.

How much experience do you have on a longboard? Do you plan to make it just as much a part of your life as wakeskating?

Do you do hills that are shorter than a mile and you only go about 20 mph the whole time, or do you do hills that make you want to cry when you are at the top, and you go at least 35 mph the whole time while dodging cars?

seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not much experience skating in general, but im pretty good on what ive been using, which is my friends carvestik (carveboard) and his old longboard which doesnt carve very well. Most of the stuff we ride on is yah under a mile long and only do about 20mph, and we ride at night so usually no cars so we carve the whole street. butmy school is in a valley between 2 mtn ranges so we could easily go do huge stuff, we just arent up to that yet.
skatethewake
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you carve tons, like you take up both lanes on a 2-lane road or all lanes on a 4-lane road, then I would still recommend the Bomb Hills because the Randal IIs make carving on a longer board still just as heavenly, and when you want to do large hills, the Bomb Hills will step up to the task wonderfully.

If you spend most of your time just doing small, quick turns and not going so fast your eyes water, just get the tropics because it is sweet. I would just be hesitant taking the Outrigger/tropics on a very large hill because it would be almost like taking a short board down the hill, but the bigger wheels of a longboard would help a little bit.

bottom line, S9 rocks my socks.

BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: orlando/winterpark

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get a carve board or any longboerd withe randles or siezmics. siezmics are way better but more exspensive. carve boards are amzing and if ur friend is running one u wont be able to keep up unless u have one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Other Boardsports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: