FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Real Deal About The Winch
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rewind
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: miami

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: The Real Deal About The Winch Reply with quote

[/b]The winch is almost done we are still doing some R&D, we are on the fourth design already and the two man operation is still being tested, its going to retail for about $950-$1500 depending on how fat you are,Fat people pay more b/c they need a bigger engine. The website is almost done so look for "THEWINCH.com" soon.

All Tech Questions: Learjet76@mac.com
DockSecret
Ollie
Ollie

City: Austin

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrmm, I thought in the interview it said this thing should run at most 600 retail, 100 for the frame and 400-500 for the engine. I'll have to wait at least a year before I consider this product now, I'll just ride at TSR for a year instead.
...andoutcomethewolves
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Suburbia Arizona

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill buy a Seadoo for that! Its a good idea but just not practical Rolling Eyes
hypo
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i second the not practical part. i dont see myself trying to find a puddle/creek to wakeskate in using a 1500 dollar winch.

Rolling Eyes
xboard32x
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no dout
ollieshuvitz
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: east bay area

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, ur all trippin. A used Sea Doo in that price range is rare. Decent used Sea Doos run around 3 grand and up. So for those on a budget who are tired of bummin rides, get a winch! $1,000 isn't bad at all. What else lets u hit ur own pool in ur backyard at 1 am?
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually agree with chris41. Yeah, you can go out and buy a seadoo, but it will still use up more gas, you have to insure it, and you have to register it. All of those fees will add up and cost way more than a winch. Plus, if you get the one man winch you don't have to worry about not having a second or third to ride with. I still think it's a dope idea and at some point I'd love to get one...
DockSecret
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people are looking at this all wrong. I don't think people should be comparing the winch to a watercraft; they serve two different purposes. If I had nothing, like I do now, obviously I would save up my money for a watercraft, since it will serve as the main vehicle for the majority of riding. Just like in Sfumato, most of the riding was done behind a watercraft of sorts and not the winch.

For some reason, at the beginning of this idea, everyone thought it would be the object that would "revolutionize" wakeskating by making it cheaper. Hate to say it, but it won't. Sure, it seemed really awesome when someone started that rumor that it was 100 bucks, and we all got kind of shot down when we heard it would be up to 600 retail, now it's a thousand. The price, in the later future, will hopefully go down, but for now, this device doesn't server the "make wakeskating cheaper for everyone" purpose.

What this device does is provide alternate riding locations. For many it will mean the opportunity for rails, or to find some crazy gaps. For now, I'm just going to save up for college, and just ride at TSR for a low fee of 750 a year. Sure, it's almost the price of the winch, but hey, there are many benefits for me that I won't go into detail. Eventually, once I get a truck, I'll be looking at a winch if I, or a buddy of mine, already has a boat. That's my 2 cents...

"You better watch who you are calling a child Lois. 'Cause if I'm a child, then you know what that makes you? A pedophile, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna stand here and be lectured by a pervert." - Peter Griffin
freerider4
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man thats a lot of money
Rewind
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: miami

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: the one man show Reply with quote

This one man operation winch that we are building is really going to be cheaper than the two man. It looks like its going to sell for about $700 or so. Find 6 or 7 wakeskaters in your hood and cough up $100 bucks each and you should be skrate. I'll try to keep everyone posted on the progress of the one man show. I'll post some pics now of the 2 man band under wakeskate photos index.
::Tony Robinson::
wakesk8inRules
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: san diego

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how's this one man winch work Question
greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2003 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya im intrested in the one man, if i have two people i can go ride on a seadoo. the one man seems like the best idea. more info on it please Laughing
Yuri
Raley

City: orlando

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg van wagnen, yeah but it`s $7,000.00
greg van wagnen
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

700 not 7000, he said its going to be cheaper Laughing you no us college kids like cheaper
DockSecret
Ollie
Ollie

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm intrigued on how you we're able to turn a 2-man into a 1-man, with a cheaper price. I mean.. from what I'm thinking, cutting out the requirement of a second person, requires extra electronics to be able to replace the operator. I'm pretty sure a lot of companies would love to know your secret Wink
"You better watch who you are calling a child Lois. 'Cause if I'm a child, then you know what that makes you? A pedophile, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna stand here and be lectured by a pervert." - Peter Griffin
Subvert
Ollie
Ollie

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spoke with Tony and Thomas about this and it is going to be so rad.
Yes, it will cost money. Everything in our capitalist society worth a damn, and a lot of stuff that's not worth a damn costs money, but it will be worth it. I know that Thomas and a couple other guys have some insane ideas about using this thing in places that never even crossed your minds. We at Subvert hope to get out there with one soon and do a whole issue dedicated to rockin' that thing out in the most fizzle up places we can think of. There will be an interview on the Subvert website soon that will cover all this and have photos.
(Please don't turn this into a "When" thread, I promiss to get Dave to put up info about the site when it's ready. Soon)
Ers
Faceplant
Faceplant

City: Grästorp

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The winch don't have a wake Sad Wakeskating is about skating on a wake. But anyway I REALY want to know how the 1 man winch works. Anyone how knows?
Dered
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ers, winchs are a totally different aspect to wakeskating... you dont need a wake to wakeskate... plus winchs let your ride some many unreal spots normaly you would never get to ride... build a rail, huck it in a ditch and you can tear it up behind a winch... you couldnt do that even with a seadoo.
Jeff_Knox
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: J-ville

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are crazy... 1000 for a winch is not bad at all... thats half the price of the grinch and 1/3 of the pirate... and with winching you can just get up and hit the little creek right around the corner... no having to fill up the 20 gallon ski and drop it in the boat ramp 20 min away... also you can bring anywhere from 2 guys to 50 guys winching where there is a limit on the amount you bring on the boat... i cant believe this many people are lookin down on the winch... seriously look at the big picture... Neutral

www.myspace.com/wtfwinch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dered
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLeprechaun, true dat bruh... when I saw 1000$ I was expecting people to say that was a good deal... like you said most winchs cost a lot more then that... plus to me... winchin seems like a more fun time... I mean the boat and the ski is sweet no doubt... but winching just opens up so many doors for wakeskating its crazy... anyway I will deffinatly be looking into this winch..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: