FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Royally Screwed Over
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Royally Screwed Over Reply with quote

As most of you know, yesterday was the bi-annual surf expo in Orlando. I was stoked to go to this one ever since I found out that I couldn't go to the last one in September. So I finally figured out how I can go to this one... I was so happy when I found out that DSO Eyewear was going to offer me a contract and that they could get me a pass to expo...

730 am - So yesterday I wake up a excited to get to go to expo. I get ready and we take off to Orlando (A three hour drive each way, six hour drive total)

10 am - As soon as we get to the convention center I just start get all ancy cuz I just wanted to go in and see everything and do everything that they had there. I walk in the door and this place is huge, like really F-in huge. I spotted the escalator down to where all the booths are and I couldn't wait... I get to the top of the escalator, when security tells me I have to have a pass to get in. No big deal, I'll just go the info desk and find out where DSO had my pass. This is where it starts to go downhill...

1015 am - At the front desk place they tell me that I am not even registered in the computer. So I call a certain person with DSO (not naming names) who was downstairs at the DSO booth to come and help sort this mess out.

1030 am - As soon as he walks up and starts talking to us, I realize that this guy is not someone who just gets things done; he just had a vibe that said "I am a salesperson who will say what you want to hear". He starts pleading ignorance to the fact that I was supposed to be pre-registered to have a pass and that he "didn't even know I was coming" This could be "another person associated with DSO"'s fault, but either way, it shouldn't have happened. Basically the people who were going to be my ticket in, are telling me that there is nothing that they can do to get me in...

1040 am - Then something seemingly good happens; a lady at the front desk tells us that she can get us in if we have photo ID (I'm 15, I don't carry ID of any kind around with me and I didn't know you had to have this; should've been in the details of what I had to do for DSO)

1120 am - So me and my dad go to a mailboxes etc. type of store and have a photocopy of my drivers permit faxed to us. It comes in black and white, but we figure this will do because you could clearly see my face and blond hair...

1145 am - We drive back to the convention center and they tell us that this will not do... At this point I am ready to kill somebody; but I had an idea...

12 noon - We go to an internet cafe (the lady workin it didn't speak english, so this made the situation even more complicated) and had a scanned color picture emailed to us and we print it out; I'm now thinking that I've beat the system...

1 pm - We come back to the lady that told us she could get us in with photo ID, and the old beach starts pullin some alzheimers sh_t. "I never said that, and there is no way to get you in. I never talked to you before"... I wanted to punch her in the face and take her little name tag and smash it to pieces...

130 pm - At this point we are standing around trying to think of a way to get in...

150 pm - My dad says "I'm goin outside to smoke a cig. You know my pager number if you get arrested..."

200 pm - I call one of my friends who was down there (not sure if he cares whether I say it was him) and he brings me up a few passes... major relief going through me right about then

201 pm - I walk casually past security and step onto the downward side of the escalator, anticipatedly making my way down into the place where I worked so hard to get. I hear a harsh, unforgiving, authoritive voice call out "Hey! You! (name)!" I look down at my pass; it said (name)...

202 pm - He asked me for ID. I realized that my pass said I was 21 years old, so I told him that I didn't have it with me. He said "Well son, you don't look 21 and I can't let you in without ID"...

203 pm - All of my happiness was ripped from my soul as the bald cop took the pass off of my neck and threw it away... all that hard work, only to be kicked out...

205 pm - My unnamed friend who brought me the pass comes back up and asks me what happened. I tell him and then I tell him to apologize to the guy whos pass the cop threw away. We talk for a little bit and he goes back down...

400 pm - The drive home is silent...

I am still pissed off about this. DSO said they were sorry and all that crap, but I don't know what I'm gonna do. I really like the people at DSO and I like the idea of riding for them, I like waht they're about. I really just wanted to go to expo and it shouldn't've been all this complicated. I apologize to them if somehow this is my fault, but I'm not really sure... I just don't want to be the person they can just write off like that, like I'm not important

Sorry for the long post, I am just not feelin to good about this...

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

EDIT: I don't think I mis-spelled anything in that entire post Laughing

Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow..tahts terrible i woulda fliped the chickity china the chinese chicken out.
03belmont
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: chattanooga

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The staff at expo are sooo ANAL.. I had to make a fake ID to get in in september.. It was funny as shizzle cause I went with the shop I work/ ride for and my dad and a couple friends came.. and my Dad got in with the shop onwers wifes pass and my friend got in with the shop owners Sons pass my friends 20 and the pass said he was 42 and when they asked for ID the cop was to confused to give a shizzle hes like "wtf ohhh who gives a shizzle go on in"
andy ross
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: San Marcos

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would have been like im coming in here, and went and got a gun then be like what beach you want to stop me now
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Taylor, I would voice your opinion to DSO, that your do like the idea of riding for them, and you like what they stand for but your concerned that this is a bad start for a relationship of this type, see what they say, if there pretty reasonable about it I would say that it was an honest mistake, if they flip out on you for that, assuming you stay calm and maintain a mature professional attitude, maybe riding for them is a bad idea

EDIT:BUT I dont know anybody at DSO so maybe talk to Brandon perhaps??

Greg T
Skeezer

City: ohio

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is DSO?
haggard7
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HATE THOSE fiznackling SECURITY GUARDS AT EXPO!!

- PLEASE READ THIS ITS A GOOD STORY EVEN THOUGH ITS LONG

Alright so last expo in september i went with my shop and i was beyond stoked, i couldnt wait to get there, i was antzy like what to go, so i finally get there friday after noon, and we pulled up and i was like omg this place is ridiculous, and i ran up the steps into the place cut everyone in line to get my pass, then i went down the escalator and stood on the floor astonished, i first ran to the cassette booth and i was freaking out, this place was so awesomly incredible, so i walked around still amazed but had to leave because they were closing

saturday----dooms day

i got up freaking so ready to go, got there walked around got all the free crap i could ever want went to some appointments, hung out with some reps i know, then exactly noon, i went up the stairs because it was the closest bathroom, (this is where is all happened), i went to go back in and the old lady scanned my pass but this dick head gurad was like hey u let me see ur pass, hes like why does ur pass say ur 17, i replied i dont know they gave this one to me( it had my name on it but i was 15 at the time and your supposed to be 16, but i had special permission to attend) so he said i cant let u back in, i'm like are u joking i havce a apnt. with volcom in 2 minutes, hes like o well, i'm like dude i've been in there all day and hes said i dont car eif u been in there all week, so he took my pass from me and ripped it up, i stood there in awe, so as i walked away i said dude ur wakted ur not getting away with this shizzle, and as i walk away i here hey!, then i turn around to be TACKLED!!, i was like what the chickity china the chinese chicken and pushed him off of me, and i was like dude u better not lay a fiznackling finger on me or i'm gonna sue your ass and get you fired, and he grapped me and threw me out the front door, i would have punched him in the face, but my boss woulda fired me, so i got like the head security guy, the surf expo president and everyone and my boss in a big argument and they kicked me out for the remainder of the day, me trying to get back in by any means went to apologize to the guard, and he responded after i vry poilitly apologized, " i dont give a shizzle about ur apolgy, i dont get paid enough to deal with punk ass kids like you", i just walked away astonished, so they said i was never going to be allowed back in

as i was walking back to the hotel i saw a door which people were standing outside smoking, so i snuck back into expo to go to the cassette booth once more in case i would never be allowed back,

sunday....after an hour of convincing and discussion about how even though i was supossidly wrong with my actions, the guard shouldnt have acted that way, and they let me back in and i was so stoked, it was so awesome being back in, but they have a file on me now and my supposed mis-conduct................that place kicks ass but they need some better people running that shizzle
Zack
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: lhp

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haggard7, yea that sucks too
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually sounds like typical trade show fascists to me
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg T, DSO is a sunglass company
Mr. Top Hat
Dead

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Taylor, haggard7, wow. and some people wonder why everybody hates security guards
Greg T
Skeezer

City: ohio

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my dads a security guard...
03belmont
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

as i walk away i here hey!, then i turn around to be TACKLED

should been like "im gonna call the cops muther fu.cker im under 18 and tackleing me could land ur ass in jail"
haggard7
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i said i was gonna get him fired and sue him if he layed another finger on me, but i was just threatning him, o man was i furious, i couldnt believe he did that
03belmont
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad read the

Quote:

as i walk away i here hey!, then i turn around to be TACKLED

and he said 'if they had touched you I woulda brought that all the wayyy til his ass was in jail cauuse hittin a minor is a major offence"
parky
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Taylor, dude that sucks harsh Shizzie...
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: orlando/winterpark

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo nick its cool if u drop my name but damn i felt sooo bad for u, i didnt even think about ages cuz mine said 19 and i drank at some of the tents. that cop was a d*ck. oh and the kids pass u used was josh kirbys.
nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah headhuntermx4 hooked me up with a pass... thanks for trying

And Josh, sorry for gettin your pass thrown away lol

Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried another pass....didnt work
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Jan 09, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haggard7, damn yo, that sucks, good thing u got back in though, and u got all taht free shizzle Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: