FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Board company bro-down
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PIRATE

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

northernmonkey, I think that its a well known fact that schmaltz puts a secret addictive chemichal on his wakeskates that make you crave them nightly smart a$$$......

i agree to some exent i thought the same way, i thought "alright you guys want to buy a board based on a f!@#ing graphic?" and i thought that was gay but then i realized something else. Itegs track record for quality skates that have mad pop and are f@$#ing indestructible is 100% unlike cassette so think about that for a minuete.

and as far as the bi-level goes those odds arent good how many people on here have one then take that small # and realize that one has already broken, and from a co... that hasn't had the best of luck (effort that erick puts in) with the quality of there boards. but i want to keep this thread about integ so forget what i just said for that sake, but do let it sink into your head
northernmonkey
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't get to see some stuff over here in the UK so Integrity is a mystery too us but i believe that someone over here is talking to Erich about importing them so i may get to ride one soon, so if i come on here in 3months all loving integrity and wanting Lemons to have my children then you all won!
shouldn't have mentioned the UK should i. i frgot you guys don't like the UK, i remember someone saying we couldn't skate Wink
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate, you act like erich is the only person that cares about his company or his wakeskates. Do you have any idea what thomas actually went through last year? I know it was hard on him (in more ways than one), and I'm actually sick of reading all of this crap...

And only one person has had a problem with the bi-level, thus far. And considering they've shipped out something like 750 skates (bi-levels), that's not so bad. Finally, don't forget that integrity had problems before they became what they are today--and you know, so did hype and LF. Sometimes, that's business but it's not impossible to overcome adversity...but you seem to want them to fail or something (since you always bring that point up and hold it against them). If you truly believed that one bad year leads to another, then you wouldn't have purchased an integrity.

Integrity and cassette have two different philosophies, it's as simple as that. I like the idea of a tough wakeskate, but are you going to be riding the same wakeskate 10 years from now? What are everyone's old wakeboards/snowboards/skateboard doing right now? Do you want to borrow my skurfer next week?? Technology changes, styles change, board shapes change, etc. Move on.

And to keep it on topic: new integrity pro model Very Happy

pipo
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: 0172

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with electricsnow,
PIRATE

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

northernmonkey, YA you should have kept that u.k thing on the down low now your post is just jiberish Wink Laughing Laughing j/k dude

electricsnow, wow welocome back cupcake, wehere you been?
anywho i think your wrong on to many points to list i do think that erick cares about wakeskating tons and he puts in all his heart. idk about thomas but it seems to me like erick is in it for the world of wakeskating and thomas is in it for his friends and everyone who lives in fla.... idk and also wouldn't you like to have a board that last forever that way if you dont have the bucks for a new skate it doesn't matter cause your integ is still the shizzy? and just because they have shipped 750 skates doesn't meen thats how many have been bought. anywho keep this on track now lemons congrats on your new skate and i wish you and integ the best...........

xoxo
-pirate
The Bug
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Redding

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

750 bi-levels shipped? That is pretty impressive. I would like to try one, but I think the nearest Cassette dealer is in Sac. Oh, and it is like 30 below out at Shasta now. Mad

I love my Integ Ryan, so I think your new skate is gonna be super sick. With the exception of rainbows, I do not care what graphics are used.

In regard to Cassette vs. Integrity, stay in school, get a fat job Afro , and then you can make room in your quiver for all of the sick skates grasshoppah.
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Northern VA

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, yeah your right i wont be riding the same board 10 years from now. but it sucks when you buy a wooden board and within a few rides its already delaminating and splitting at the plys and such. dont you think thats unacceptable when youve just spent 200-300 dollars for a board?
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate, I never said erich didn't care. I think he totally cares, but you're speaking on limited knowledge, and you have no idea where thomas is coming from. I said you think that erich is the ONLY one that cares, when in reality, there are a number of people that care about what they do, and they invest their time and love into it. Think about it; he (meaning thomas) must really REALLY care about wakeskating if he'd come back after the debacle from last year and then come out with something completely new when there are nay-sayers like yourself trying to bring others down.

Again, do you want to borrow my skurfer, or would you rather borrow my substance? Do you see what I'm saying?

And I think you're off on many points as well, which is why I try to look past all of your posts.

seven11dmd, I totally agree in that a wakeskate shouldn't fall apart after a week. I've never had that happen, and I know it has happened. As for this year's skates, time will tell. I know cassette has one of the best (if not the best--depending on who you ask and "what they're into") manufacturers making their decks, and they truly care about their products. Again, time will tell.

The bug, peter line made rainbows work... Very Happy

kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIRATE, as much as it goes against my grain to back electricsnow, against you good buddy she's totally right, don't assume that you know the whole score, I think Erich is definately putting his heart into his product, but after meeting Thomas and talking to him seriously that guy loves wakeskating, and he's all about the sport, the difference is that he isn't wiling to give up the "feel" of wood, you should understand that not to long ago you were looking for a wood skate and only by sure providence ended up with an integ, seriously eff what "seems", what if somebody from the europe came on here thrashing my winch, and my motives b/c they were friends with woodisbest (the guy who built the european winch), and thats all they knew would you think they were coming from a position of knowledge that allowed them to make that call?
PIRATE

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK first off electricsnow, i never said thomas didn't care. i dont know if you know what idk means but its "i dont know" Wink

i didn't say that thomas doesn't care about wakeskating i said to me (in my opinion) cares more about wakeskating in florida and all his friends. schmaltz comes on here and talks to the kids who are buying his boards and even helped jump start a kid who uses these forumns career. Shocked and lets not forget that this same "kid" that im talking about was bashed on thomases websight (even if he didn't write it he is responsible cause he owns the buisness).

if it seems like im only telling one side of the story its cause for the most part i only know what i can see, and i only know what erick shoes to us on here. he come's on here and ask what do you guys want? what would you like to see ? ive honestly never heard anyone who has talked to or met either one of them say they didn't like them.

im not hating on cassete, and if you didn't already know that im a integ nazi from the beginging then your blind. also i dont want to borrow your skurfer because my skurfer works fine still. im not worried about having the latest gimmick like other people.

kento911, i would expect this from e-snow but me own mate aarrrgggghhhhhhh to davey jones locker with you. Laughing Laughing j/k

im glad we finally have something good to talk about on here Laughing now

Last edited by PIRATE on Jan 05, 2005 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIRATE, Thomas has been here before, and hell be here again, and he is bro-downing some people you talk to on this very forum

oh yeah um you muntanous squab arrrrgggghhhh Shocked Laughing

INDEFINITE
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking at the graphics, I read the posts, astonishing, how you guys think because one board breaks, one board delams, or my grip is not die cut, that you are not going to buy one of the bi-levs. Amazing, it is funny that if you buy a skatedeck, grip it, truck it, go out and ollie and it snaps into two, that the manufacturer does not warranty it, but with wakeskates, a slight scratch, blem, or even a slight warp people take their stuff back asking for a new one. Why should a company warranty the same idea? It is also funny that you guys argue who is number one etc, when actually it all comes down to personal taste. And while I am on it, taste, or class, I believe it is totally wrong to come on to a place and say Thomas is in it for the money.......Well if you think that, then you OBVIOUSLY do not know Thomas. More than half you guys think you know alot of the industry, that you might, but do you know the people behind the scenes? Probably not. Guys this is a sport, for enjoyment, for hanging with your friends progressing, not bashing people or what they stand for. I have ridden both boards, INTEG and Bi-lev, hell, even karmas, sattelytes, gates, kampus, liguid force, etc. But, I can tell you this, if a manufacturer is making wakeskates, and only wakeskates, they ARE NOT in it for the money.
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INDEFINITE, well put, however I think the warranty issue stems from the sports wakeboarding origins, and the fact that skateboards are 20 to 50 dollars, wakeskates are 150 to 300 dollars. And that is a problem all producers are going to have to deal with one way or another, my personal solution that I came up with for the winch is "Im very sorry, but I don't have the means to warranty this product, but you are more than welcome to come and try our prototype out to see if you like it" and Im going to keep a good track record of exactly how many pulls it has made, so the consumer has some indication of the products longevity
PIRATE

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INDEFINITE, I agree w/ you on some things but let me ask you this. how much does a wakeskate cost? ok now how much does a skatedeck cost?do you see what im getting @ do you want a pat on the back for doing the right thing?

who said thomas was in it for the money? and no one bashed anyone for what they stand for.

look im not bashing anyone im not saying this guy is better then that guy im simply saying integrity has the most durable, long lasting more pop than a n-sync and brittney spears benifit concert board in the world. so you can agree with me or you can be wrong its your choice Laughing
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see your open minded as ever PIRATE, LOL Rolling Eyes Laughing
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has always amazed me how people become so loyal to one company and will never be caught dead using another company's equipment. That is fine if you are getting paid by one of the companies to solely use/promote their stuff, but to limit yourself to one product for no reason is beyond me. I personally like them all and think that they all do a good job promoting the sport. I also love to have the option of riding first class boards from multiple companies.

I have always looked at the warranty on wakeboards and wakeskates as such a "gray area." I can see both sides and it sucks for both. It is hard for a company to warranty a product that will get abused and will eventually break (regardless of the company). It is also hard for a customer to spend $300.00 on a board and have it break prematurely (the price of a skateboard is hardly comparable to the price of a high end wakeskate, but the principle is the same). Perhaps maybe board companies should sell warranties and leave it up to the customer to decide if they want to buy it or not?

Last edited by Dave Barousse on Jan 05, 2005 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morphine
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: 706omg

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To go back to the beginning a little bit, but a couple of things caught my eye.

PIRATE wrote:
northernmonkey, I think that its a well known fact that schmaltz puts a secret addictive chemichal on his wakeskates that make you crave them nightly smart a$$$......

i agree to some exent i thought the same way, i thought "alright you guys want to buy a board based on a f!@#ing graphic?" and i thought that was gay but then i realized something else. Itegs track record for quality skates that have mad pop and are f@$#ing indestructible is 100% unlike cassette so think about that for a minuete.

and as far as the bi-level goes those odds arent good how many people on here have one then take that small # and realize that one has already broken, and from a co... that hasn't had the best of luck (effort that erick puts in) with the quality of there boards. but i want to keep this thread about integ so forget what i just said for that sake, but do let it sink into your head

1. Integrity skates have been circulating for about a year. Cassette skates have been out for a whiiiiile.
2. In 2004, Cassette didn't make any mistakes, the company that seals their boards did. And Thomas made efforts to talk to just about every single person when it first started. I'd like to point out to you that he also stopped shipping the boards and tried to correct the problem, unlike Hyperlite or Liquid Force would do. (LF just sends you another one)
3. I've ridden my bi-level since the day after Christmas, just about every day. I just got back from riding it today. No warps, no scratches, no cracks. I've stomped the nose a lot (which if you'll remember was what Slyder thought caused his crack). One time so severely that I fell on the side of my head and now have a concussion. (Yes I still ride when I have a concussion, I just don't try anything.)
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Barousse wrote:
Perhaps maybe board companies should sell warranties and leave it up to the customer to decide if they want to buy it or not?

a company should not have to SELL a warranty, they arent best buy with service plans. a warranty should come with the board if your spending 300 bucks. Personally it would be nice to see a company offer a year or 2 years gaurantee it wont delam. if a company said hey heres a board, and oh yah if u want a warranty on it thats another 50 bucks, id be like hey f that im not gonna buy your warranty or your board.

Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

if a company said hey heres a board, and oh yah if u want a warranty on it thats another 50 bucks, id be like hey f that im not gonna buy your warranty or your board.

I hate to inform you, but you are currently buying a warrnty every time you purchase a board, but the difference is that right now you don't have a choice.
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what your saying is that the board isnt really worth 280? like if they offered it as seperate things itd be 230 for the board and 280 for board and warranty?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: