FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

kneeboarding
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Other Boardsports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterdork88
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i dont know...it could have came from anywhere...but a lot of riders that go to that website are from minesota and the uk... but i could probably findout
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Dec 13, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is ridiculous how most of you have resorted to name calling and bashing and can not even hold a decent conversation about knee boarding. If you don't like it, that is OK, but at least try to tell us in a complete sentence why you don't like it. That is, if you feel the need to make a post. Otherwise, just DON'T POST.

And show waterdork88 some respect. He has not disrespected any of you.
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Dec 13, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I watched your videos with an open mind, and here's what I have to say

Why the gloves, gloves are gay, lose the gloves gain a sliver of respect, it's not like their needed

You really have a problem with the fact that no legit grab will ever be done on a knee board, b/c your feet arent anywhere on it, except under your ass, don't belive me tell me how to do an indy grab(the one between your feet toeside edge back hand)

next, flipping on a knee board is like being able to jerk off with both hands, yes it take SOME talent, but not enough that you should go around bragging and showing off, and much like masturbation, you most certainly should NOT seek other peoples approval, nor should you expect them to enjoy watching you.

lastly wheres the style?, you guys look like midget kiteboarders flopping about on the end of that rope, but kiteboarders get more respect, because at least they CAN do grabs even if they choose to do dieing fish impersonations instead, not to mention they get to mooch some of surfings coolness

in closing I say why limit your self do soap shoes too, and get into extreme razor scooting, ride snowler-blades, and while your at it wear really neon colors and killer loop glasses, get sponsored by TANG too

bevan
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: wollongong australia

PostPosted: Dec 13, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey dont diss tang that is the best
________
Extreme vaporizer

Last edited by bevan on Feb 20, 2011 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Dec 13, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok ok my apologies tang is legit, but the rest of my post stands, for future refernce substitute slimjim for tang
waterdork88
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Dec 13, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks dave

i couldnt findoutout where the josh video came from

i agree on the part with the gloves...just a waste of money...i dont ride with gloves

yes kneeboarding does have grabs...we dont have an indy grab...we dont even have names for the grabs yet...but we have grabs...some of which are easy...some are harder...like doing a nose grab isnt anything a kneeboarder should be proud of...but we have guys that throw the board sideways they lean the opposite way from where they throw the board...then stretch their arm under the board and reach to the other side of the kneeboard and grab it...and we have guys that throw raleys and reach straight back to touch the board...or reach to the side to do a tail grab...

and yeah flips are easier...but that gives us the ability to do more flips off one jump...one guy almost did a tripple backroll off a double up...just like any other sport people love to see other people being thrown like rag dolls

and kneeboarding does not limit yourself...

and what about inline skating in the X GAMES...they dont have that many grabs either...and throwing a flip would be easy on inline skates...

im not understanding why you are comparing us to kiteboarders...the sport of kneeboarding as invented by 2 californian surfers
pipo
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: 0172

PostPosted: Dec 13, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys respect waterdork88, he just does what he likes.. everybody likes something else so why don't we just let him be a kneeboarder
L.O.W PRIDE
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

City: the hiv

PostPosted: Dec 13, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUDE, That was without a doubt the gayest thing i have ever seen in my entire life. It reminds me of this time when a bunch of rednecks got all sauced up on jack in there 24 foot 1977 campbell and decided to whip there BROTHER into our kicker at like 40 mph on a tube. He missed it like 10 times and finally hit it square and faqn launched all raleyd out for like 80 ft mullet flappen in the wind and everything. They all just went crazy and the 80's cokewhore chicks they were with started riping off there budweiser and american flag tops flashing everybody. Dudes were hi fivin and skull banging each other all jocked out and shyt. They were so stoked and all of us were just like "WHOA, THAT JUST MIGHT BE THE FAQHN MOST RETARDED THING EVER DONE ON WATER." That is until i just watched your video, at least the rednecks had cokewhores.

P.S. As a serious response though, i realy don't care for the sport of kneeboarding at all. There was no style whatsoever. It looked like 1997 darrin shapiro reruns. Just charge and huck.

L.O.W PRIDE
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Dec 13, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but yes do your own thing, i do respect that concept
L.O.W PRIDE
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Dec 13, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kento911, your are a literary inspiration to all. smooth, cool and calcuated to get your point across with alittle rick james stank on it. cheers
s34n
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Charleston Lake

PostPosted: Dec 13, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll stick with the fact that every person in those videos looks handicapped, as I said before. It just looks awkward.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Dec 13, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waterdork88,
here are my responces in order

I know gloves are gay, good for you for not partaking

no you don't have grabs, at least not legit ones, even wakeboarders get dogged on for doing tindys tailfish nuclears roastbeef taipan etc...

more flips not better more steez or style if you will is the key

Cmon Rolling Eyes you know knee boarding is a little limiting, if for no other eason than the grab issue

Inline skating, and respect have never been in the same sentence together if your looking for respect as a sport stay away from fruitbooters, and the other ghey "sports" I mentioned

Kiteboarders "kite" into huge waves, kneeboarders flop about on a lake, and the similarity is also in the attitude of "we want respect now" you cant beg, ask, demand, cajole, or buy respect, you gotta earn it, and that takes time, and the clock doesn't start until you show the inklings of something beyond the huckit and fuqk it attitude, I mean absolutly no disrespect to you personally, you are in my admirations for even trying to undertake this sysiphys like task of gaining kneeboarders respect, but facts are facts, and knee boarding has some serious shortcomings, much like the airchair/skyski (ask yourself where their pros are??)

Last edited by kento911 on Dec 13, 2004 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Dec 13, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L.O.W PRIDE, thanks, where you at in AZ, are you Brandon's friend who's doing the DSO rail/step down?
sk8thewake69
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: sarasota / siesta key

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as ryan once said "men dont belong on their knees"
wakeskatefooo
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: odessa

PostPosted: Dec 16, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yall r fing sick me n my frind used to make fun of ppl kneeboardin on glass but they couldnt do any of that shizzit

a spy is a nat compared to a ninja!!!
G-squadriderz
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Walnut Creek/NOR*CAL

PostPosted: Dec 17, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i have a friend that can do huge barrel rolls w2w and working on doing like a roll revert type thing
waterdork88
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Dec 17, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok getting off the subject of kneeboarding for a quick second...im still wondering why ryan says men dont belong on their knees...in my opinion a man can be on his knees many times and im not talkin bout kneeboarding

whether he is proposing to the girl he loves...or if he is worshipping God...but the definition of a man in my book...is a man that bows to his knees in the presence of the lord...it might be different in your opinion but thats mine...

so what does ryan mean when he says men dont belong on their knees? does the statement only apply to kneeboarding? or is ryan talking about something else i didnt mention?
L.O.W PRIDE
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Dec 17, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waterdork88, wow man. first kneeboarding and now god. i don't know if yer joking or what but this is a wakeskate site. not kneeboarding, not holy christian church group, or anything else that is probably on your mind. personaly i think god is great and all but your probably on track to start some heated debate once u start bringing any religion onto this forum. if you haven't noticed, some us on this site like to talk alittle shyt from time to time (sometimes out of complete boredom) i just wouldn't want you or anyone else to get super offended when someone comes posting with there super liberal guns ablazing about anyones god.

PS and obviously ryan means a guy on his knees is a guy uhhhhh, well on his knees dude.

Last edited by L.O.W PRIDE on Dec 18, 2004 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
hammer49
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: longwood

PostPosted: Dec 17, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he means homosexual
el
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: The Sea

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way of getting around the way it looks... just plain goofy. A wakeskating message board, of all places, is not the place to come to try and strut your stuff.

And that Linkin Park or whatever that poopy music is, does not help anything.

But, that's respectable that you're stoked on what you're doing, and I give you an A for effort and for those bouncing 180s or whatever after the landings, those were pretty entertaining.

Shred that shite!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Other Boardsports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Add To Favorites

Jump to: