FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

kneeboarding
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Other Boardsports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterdork88
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: kneeboarding Reply with quote

i think all watersports deserve more t.v. time... whether its wakeboarding, wakeskating, or whatever... but kneeboarding seems to be the watersport that is ignored the most...and to what many people interpret it as...we arent the kind of riders that just so surface 360s all day... check out the therapy video on this website

http://www.kneeboardplanet.com/photo_album/index.htm

this video gives most people a different view of kneeboarding...and this video doesnt even have the biggest moves...the video air assault has people doing double backrolls,double frontflips,900's,1080's,and raley half frontrolls to backflips...

if you have watched any these videos... or if you have the same or different opinions on kneeboarding leave me a post
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Northern VA

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you wakeskate? or did you just come to attempt to give everyone a new outlook on kneeeboarding?
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is some pretty sweet tricks in that vid tho, def. impressed me more than the kneeboarders on my lake.....those that do surface 360s all day.
s34n
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Charleston Lake

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahahah they look handicapped
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sk8thewake69
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: sarasota / siesta key

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahah just a good laugh

doh.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  22.93 KB
 Viewed:  10674 Time(s)

hammer49
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: longwood

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s34n, thats what i was thinkin. I wasnt feelin that video at all
freerider4
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that junk was pretty gay.
waterdork88
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wakeskate too...just did it the other day and learned to butterslide the wake...like i said...i dont think wakeboarding,wakeskating, and kneeboarding get enough attention...for instance...the X GAMES didnt cover wakeboarding as much as they did last year... and yes i am tryen to give people a different idea of what kneeboarding is
waterdork88
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot to mention wakeskating and kneeboarding arent in the X GAMES all...that needs to change
xboard32x
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knee boarding will never make it "big" it has been around forever. And ESPN or any other chanels shows a glimpse of it.
waterdork88
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it hasnt been around that much longer to wakeboarding...kneeboarding is just a lil older...yes wakeboarding got big before it...but kneeboarders are now following it in certain ways while still doing their own thing... examples- twin tip designs, rails and kickers,using big wakes and towers...

you can relate kneeboarding to wakeboarding like snowskiing to snowboarding... snowskiing has been around longer than snowboarding...but when snowboarding got big...snowskiing followed them and while still doing their own thing...snowboarding reevolutionalized itself and snowskiing...just like wakeboarding to is to kneeboarding

in case you didnt notice i know my sports history...and i like sports not for how popular it is...or for the money...or for what other people say about it... i ride everything that gives me that thrill...how many of you skaters skate because of the thrill?
sk8thewake69
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo waterdork88 im not trying to harp down on you but knee boarding is pretty fu^king ghey. I mean its kinda like tubing its fun to do just to fu^k around everyonce in a while but not a hobbie. I mean its not that cool to say i just got some sick kneeboarding gloves, or wanna check out my sweet new knee pads, or my sick strap. Not cool at all and it will never go to the X Games, wakeskating eventually will. And wakeboarding is pretty popular 10000x more that kneeboarding.

I bet u use ur kneeboard as a wakeskate.....

It would be cool for maybe for one second when people hit rails....and die but thats about it.

xboard32x
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

know your history. thats not much history. and skiers dont look like they are handicaped when they hit the slopes. Kneeboarders do. im surprised you have the gumption to come on a wakeskating board and defend kneeboarding...
sk8thewake69
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a 900.....on my kneeboard
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, THAT SHIZ WAS SO FUNNY HAHAH, LOOKS LIKE A BUNCH OF MIDGETS ON DEFORMED WAKEBOARDS HAHAHAHAHAH HOLY CRAP THAT WAS SO FUNNY!!!! kneebording is the stupidest thing, but ya them backflips were pretty cool if ur parapalegic but wakeboarding and wakeskating is still alotta better.
waterdork88
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do know my history...that wasnt all of it...i could talk about it all day...

yeah you would be surprised there are lots of people that look forward to the next new kneeboard, or next video, or whatever...and no its not like tubing...some companys are making a disgrace to the sport by making tubes with straps and calling it kneeboarding...and we hate those companys...

and whats with all the handicap crap? i know plenty of people that are handicap but they'll break their back if they try to kneeboard...and a handicapped person wouldnt wrap the rope around them and hit a wake...its the same thing as wakeboarding except we are kneeling and we have many of the same tricks and some different tricks...

and doing a 900 on a kneeboard is f-ing hard...i doubt you have the ability to do it...if you prove me wrong ill shutup right now

we dont dis you people because you are not attached to your boards...there would be no reason to... because skating has created moves that neither wakeboarders or kneeboarders can do...and we respect your sport...so why are you dis'in us when we are kneeling...it allows us to do moves that wakeboarders or skaters cant do...just like when wakeboarders stand while they are attached to their boards...that allows them to do moves that neither skaters or kneeboarders can do...yet we respect their sport...

so what is wrong about kneeboarding
Morphine
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: 706omg

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what's wrong about kneeboarding? All most of these guys (including me) and most wakeboarders only see kneeboarders on their home lake, throwing around power turns and just generally fiznackling up our calm water, and what's more, most everyone that I know only kneeboards because they can't wakeboard or wakeskate.

Not dissing on you, but the majority of the kneeboarding "community" are 8 year old girls and soccer moms.
waterdork88
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankyou...someone i can relate to...i agree 100 percent and all im tryen to do is change the way people look at it...the way it really is...
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as ryan lemons once said, real men dont belong on their knees.
Sutley

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waterdork88,
Do you know where the video on the kneeboardplanet website titled "Josh Kneeboard" was filmed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> Other Boardsports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Add To Favorites

Jump to: